Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zuihou25

CV, fighter vs fighter t9 advice needed!

11 comments in this topic

[GBONM]
Players
9 posts
3,309 battles

Hello all!

I need your advice because my experience with carriers is really really low and i have ALOT of trouble playing against other CV captains in tier 9! (and against saipan but that's a different matter)

The following:

my 2 fighters are about to engage the 2 fighters of the essex/taiho.

What i usually do is dogfight ->exit strafe - strafe but how do i handle if the essex(taiho) does the exact same thing? I usually have always been successful but this time the enemy CV must be anticipating it (which does not suprise me) but they seem to know how to win this easily while i just sit there and watch me getting strafed into oblivion.

What happens is this:

*dogfight between our fighters while second squads linger.

*setting mine to strafe and the other to exit strafe.

*enemy cv fighter(dogfight) exit strafes into my second fighter squad which i'm still preparing.

*while my first fighter squad (dogfight) is still stunned? and getting strafed now by his second squad. (exactly what i wanted to do to him)

*all of a sudden my first squad is destroyed completly and the other one heavily crippled while enemy CV squad lost at max 2 planes.

The solution seems to be simple... just be faster i guess? More reactive maybe? Is that the answer? I still can't be sure. Isn't it a risk to exit strafe a dogfight i to my fighters? i meam i could anticipate exactly that and punish this heavily no? So is what the enem CV does to me just a risk or gamble move? Should i always anticipate this kind of behavior? The problem is that if i hesitate to long with setting all this up he will simply delete my fighter in the dogfight but isn't that kind of the same thing? I'm totaööy confused, can't wrap my head around it please help Q_Q

Yes i have watched all of Farazelleths videos more then 3 times already, ALL OF THEM *huge fan ♡*

but i can't seem to find him getting into those situations or i simply don't recognise them yet.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,690 posts
13,130 battles

Either counterstrafe as described above or bait him into strafing then

Spoiler

and reengage.

• Cool 1

[GBONM]
Players
9 posts
3,309 battles

Your advice changes everything, thank you very very much. With this, there should be no problem at all ever again! (in theory)

Can't wait to try it out on my Taiho after i practiced it in my Shokaku or Kaga first ♡

(the most value information was that my fighters aren't stunned after an exitstrafe happens...)

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
24 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Your advice changes everything, thank you very very much. With this, there should be no problem at all ever again! (in theory)

Emphasis mine :Smile-_tongue:

Good luck, though, always nice to see people that come to the Formu asking "how do I do it" rather than insist "this game is broken, WG fix this sh*t and nerf everything that's not me, especially more skilled players" :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts
2 hours ago, Zuihou25 said:

i have watched all of Farazelleths videos

who is he ? never heard of it XD

P,S gl with cv play , you can always face me also :) specialy if you play kaga more ;) :Smile_medal:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles
7 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

P,S gl with cv play , you can always face me also :) specialy if you play kaga more ;) :Smile_medal:

Fara? OMNIs CV player, afaik one of if not the best CV on EU :Smile_teethhappy: Streams on Twitch every now and then, also has  YouTube channel about how to do anything on CVs

Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts
29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Fara? OMNIs CV player, afaik one of if not the best CV on EU :Smile_teethhappy: Streams on Twitch every now and then, also has  YouTube channel about how to do anything on CVs

sorry , i dont look any yt or twitch , as for best cv doubt :) i know only few nice players on cv that fight vs me : Cornflakes and reithe or hows hes name  ^^

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
Spoiler
1 hour ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

33 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

sorry , i dont look any yt or twitch , as for best cv doubt :) i know only few nice players on cv that fight vs me : Cornflakes and reithe or hows hes name  ^^

:Smile_popcorn:

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,550 posts
5,505 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's "stunned" till either his exit strafe ends or till you give a movement command :cap_like:

This I did not know. Thank you.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,784 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

...[snip]....

Very useful, thank you.

So the first person to 'bail' from a dogfight risks annihilation of that squad if the other player is switched on enough.

Sign in to follow this