Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Infiriel

Courageous Resistance

5 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
324 posts
4,481 battles

It`s nothing new since there is such mechanic in WoT already.

I`d like to add an option for the best player in a losing team to get normal rewards, as for the vitory, if he manages to get a heroic medal.
It could also work for the player, or players that got a heroic medal, but didn`t land on top of the list.

This would encourage players on the losing team to fight so they land first, or/and with a heroic medal rather than surrender.

I`d like to specify that Dreadnought shouldn`t be considered a heroic medal for this feature,  to avoid spawn-camping BB`s getting all the "Courageous Spawncamping" bonus.
On the other hand Clear Sky IMHO should be considered as one, since it`s so hard to get even for a skilled CV, not to mention any other ship.

As for wider consequences i belive it`d help relieve some of the  ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶ frustration players get when they`re given a fail team by matchmaker, and therefore reduce the amount of ragequits, and salty threads on forums.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles

It would encourage players to play like the most toxic players in ranked. Never risking anything for a team win, only going for the easy xp.

BBs would sit even farther back, to get "free" damage for half the time and then grind damage on damaged ships as they push to finish them off.

Reward players for playing to win, as in, actually winning.

[UNICS]
Players
324 posts
4,481 battles

If they sit back they`re not spotting their targets, so they don`t get anywhere close to normal xp/dmg reward. Also the further back they sit the less pressure is put on caps.
Also i belive you overestimate the avarage player`s ability to think. ;P

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,550 posts
5,494 battles

Had a game yesterday where our tier X GK sailed along the J line, up the 1 line, and along the A line. In a 4 cap domination game. He spent the game plunking away at long range stuff, tanking exactly zero damage because the enemy ignored him.

He then got to secure some nice easy damage/kills when some cruisers decided to sail at him.

When the enemy got down to 2 ships left after feeding him, they just simply stopped firing and let the points from the caps win the game for them.

He was so far away from anything that he couldn't decap or spot anything.

The enemy won because their brawler BB forged a path through the middle, while ours border surfed. The late game feeding damage put him at #1 spot despite being a major cause of losing.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
7 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

If they sit back they`re not spotting their targets, so they don`t get anywhere close to normal xp/dmg reward. Also the further back they sit the less pressure is put on caps.
Also i belive you overestimate the avarage player`s ability to think. ;P

Spotting matters next to nothing in regards to xp/credit rewards.

And I'm not saying they're clever, merely greedy for own gains. Tell them they can get rewarded like if they won if they just stay in the game for as long as possible doing damage, and they'll blitheringly ignore objectives.

Sign in to follow this