You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

Random battles - can I choose type I wanna play?

34 comments in this topic

Players
122 posts
10,972 battles

Can u give to options like in wot, which random battle types I wanna play? I would like play only Standard cause Domination is too quick and not all ships are destroyed often.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles

If only we could...... I would disable Standart battles instantly.:cap_old:

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
33 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

If only we could...... I would disable Standart battles instantly.:cap_old:

LoL ill disable Domination immediately lmao:Smile_smile:

not fun if ur not in DD or not in div.....zombies everywhere

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
586 posts
7,657 battles

Would be finally able to play Ocean only. Or even better, only Tears of the desert Epicenter. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles

I want to disable battles that contain people so desperate for a generic name they don't mind a hundred underscores, or who spends 750 battles with negative win ratio in ranked until they get lucky enough to get to rank 1.

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
2 hours ago, Jack_Sparrow_______ said:

I would like play only Standard cause Domination is too quick and not all ships are destroyed often.

Lets take a moment to think about what would happen if your wish came true.

All the potato BB players (which is to say the majority) would opt for standard battle, so all the torpedo spamming DD players would follow them; the cruisers meanwhile would all opt for domination to be joined by the more adventurous DD players (mostly gunboat) and the handful of BB players who've installed Brain.exe, so the battles would look like this:

Standard battle

5 BB + 5 DD every game, everyone camping on the map borders trying to avoid the torpedo soup;

Domination

6-9 cruisers with a handful of DD/BB thrown in for kicks, mostly better players;

Epicentre

12 players too stupid to disable epicentre.

But the BB players would then quickly work out that standard battle is no fun whatsoever if there are no XP pinata to shoot at, so they'll migrate to domination in search of cruisers, and then the DD players will get bored of trying to torpedo themselves and follow them, so in the long run what would happen is that domination would become the only game mode.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,809 battles
19 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

...[snip]...

and CV drivers wouldn't care either way....

But agree, Domination wins out.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

*sinp*

what would happen is that domination would become the only game mode.

The dream....

Will it come true? :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,622 posts
15,243 battles
16 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

The dream....

Will it come true? :fish_cute_2:

more like nightmare, 90% of games done in 10mins :fish_boom:

• Cool 1

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
7 minutes ago, Quetak said:

more like nightmare, 90% of games done in 10mins :fish_boom:

I think 2 of my last 100 or so battles have ended in less than 10 minutes.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,622 posts
15,243 battles
6 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I think 2 of my last 100 or so battles have ended in less than 10 minutes.

then I must play different game. Domination is in most my cases streamroll by one team. Sometimes battle is long but not as often as short.  

[KAKE]
Players
649 posts
2,712 battles

This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of deals.

What if you get what you want, but it turns out the community doesn't agree with you on what is the most fun game mode? Suddenly you'll queue up for ages because nobody else is interested in standard battles.

(FYI I think standard battles are boring as hell. Worst mode in the game.)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if this ever became an option Standard and Epicenter would die out quicker than you can say Total Domination

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
19 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if this ever became an option Standard and Epicenter would die out quicker than you can say Total Domination

Nah. Standard has a significant fanbase. No objectives to distract you from pew-pewing for the whole match (unless the enemy happens to have some DD that slips past your lemmingtrain for maximum humiliation) - this appeals to some people. In fact, even WG representatives (I think Sub Octavian, in fact) at one time said that they don't really like SB - but there are enough people who strongly prefer this mode that it won't ever be removed.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you could exclude one mode from "your" options. I wonder if Domination matches would suddenly see much healthier (meaning: smaller) population of BBs as a result - I think there's a correlation between being a mostly-BB player and liking Standard Battle.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
49 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well I am not so sure. Epicenter is actualy fine (now that they seemed to have fixed Tears of the Desert) the average playerbase just is too stupid to get what the objective is.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,958 battles
25 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I wonder if Domination matches would suddenly see much healthier (meaning: smaller) population of BBs as a result - I think there's a correlation between being a mostly-BB player and liking Standard Battle.

I'm wondering this as well..

Though I like SB's more in a CV (more time to have significant influence if your team is below average).

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
5 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Would be finally able to play Ocean only. Or even better, only Tears of the desert Epicenter. :Smile-_tongue:

let me guess, in Atlanta right?

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,862 posts
20,842 battles

I do not want any sort of limitation apart from mode random coop scenario ranked etc. Different scenarios work different for different ships different builds are viable, in short I would suspect regardless of gamemode that it would be less variation in ships, it is developing for the skill to handle your chosen ship in various situations and tierspread. I have played more than 15000 games now , less modes/less likely opponents = easier to get bored. It is part of the challenge to adapt both to different maps, modes and opponents.

Domination means that you have to fight for objectives but have no risk losing your base, in standard if you and team overcommit and are greeted with good defence you might lose to 1 ship that caps and then you deserve it. Deathmatches are uninteresting, as if you are in a too slow ship you can be chasing a faster ship forever.

More game modes if any good ideas show up I have nothing against.

I remember an old gamemode called zone in the beginning of my career on Big Race I think, you had to sink all or push them out of circle, maybe some variant of this could be tried again, i know that many games lead to a draw however, but regardless I am not against some new modes, or same maps existing in different sizes, I think that some of the lower tier maps could have been scaled up sizewise f.e. with some modifications and used at higher tiers. I think it is sad that ocean is so rare nowadays and only at high tiers, back then it was very common, well I do not want it to be too frequent, but why not have ocean now and then from T5-6 or so even if it is rare, after all that is basic naval combat and challenging.  

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,608 posts
6,688 battles

I'd like to turn off Epicentre and Domination.  Some days I'd put Domination back on for an hour or two but then switch it off again.

In WoT I only play Standard.

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles

I would love the option of being able to de-activate one battlemode, except Epicenter, because all battles that normally would have been played at the deactivated mode would be changed into Epicenter automatically.

And of course I wouldn't de-activate any battlemode, because even though I detest Epicenter I don't play worse on it than on any other battlemode... or rather equally worse.

[BOAT]
Players
104 posts
1,941 battles

Yes please!

I would just choose Two Brothers and Flambass-style every single game!

Speeshhhulllll!!!