Grelot

CVs economy

5 comments in this topic

[5ECT]
Players
3 posts
2,409 battles

Hi everyone,
I'm a main usn Cv player and I just unlocked the Essex (first usn ship with 2 fighter squads. wow :D ), but I still need credits to buy it so I started wondering how to optimize my net income while playing, even on other ship lines (I'm already premium).

Maybe I'm not a noob anymore since I enjoy my time on the Lexington (I'm going against the tide when everyone complain that 1 fighter squad is not enough) and I usually win the skies and can deal a good amount of damage to enemy ships (60k when happened a bad match and 100-130k), and recently few times happened to carry my team.

The point of this topic is the following:
even after my best battles, my net earning is really ridiculous, in a bad way, I'm lucky if I can get 150k credits after spending 70k or more credits into maintenance. So I landed on my Nicholas  where I have near 0 experience and sometimes it gets me 200k-250k net earnings.
Is the carriers economy broken?

Does the situation get better with Saipan? (I still have no premium ships) 

Am I stupid?

I'm really interested in listening more experienced captains advise.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

Premium ships of course have better earnings but high tier all silver ships do badly. If you're NETTING 150k a game in Lexington you're already doing very well. Unlikely to be doing better in other ship lines, if I make >100k net in my NC I'm very happy (no premium). Essex I imagine you'll make a small profit. Midway you'll struggle to break even unless you're really good, even with premium. If you need money play a lower tier ship you're good with or buy a premium ship and spam that. That's just what the economy is.

• Cool 1

[5ECT]
Players
3 posts
2,409 battles
9 hours ago, VC381 said:

Premium ships of course have better earnings but high tier all silver ships do badly. If you're NETTING 150k a game in Lexington you're already doing very well. Unlikely to be doing better in other ship lines, if I make >100k net in my NC I'm very happy (no premium). Essex I imagine you'll make a small profit. Midway you'll struggle to break even unless you're really good, even with premium. If you need money play a lower tier ship you're good with or buy a premium ship and spam that. That's just what the economy is.

Thanks for shedding a light on this, I was assuming that higher the tier, higher the service cost but higher the net income.

[GEUS]
Players
58 posts
3,506 battles

CV's generate alot less credits then other ships, so in that way indeed the economy of CV's is broken.

For this reason it is not smart to buy a premium CV if you want to generate income, you would better of buying a premium BB however not a tier 8 since the matchmaking for tier 8 completely [edited].

Sign in to follow this