Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Profilus

12.2. Any types of contractual battles, i.e. match rigging

31 comments in this topic

[EST]
[EST]
Players
699 posts
17,415 battles

12.2. Any types of contractual battles, i.e. match rigging, including deliberate losses (throwing games) or excessively passive behavior of both teams at once (forced draw) are prohibited.

Does this also include counting in matches with multiple divisions which has been approved before by WG?

@MrConway @Tuccy

• Boring 1

[TTT]
Players
3,604 posts
7,459 battles

...wat? either make it a PM, or provide some context. This is a joke of a thread...

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles

Isn't it pretty obvious? If they end up on two different teams they should be fighting to win for each of their respective teams.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

"[...] throwing games [...] passive behaviour [...]"

Massive ban-wave incoming!

• Funny 3

[EST]
[EST]
Players
699 posts
17,415 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

...wat? either make it a PM, or provide some context. This is a joke of a thread...

I guess TTT doesn't read patch notes. Watching Dasha is enough?

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

On a more serious note - Wasn't there some sort of rumbling from officialdom about clicking in with multiple divisions?

(counting down in to battle, trying to get more than 1 Division on the same side, but usually ending up on opposing sides - don;t know about anyone else, but it adds an extra dimension of fun when you see a clan mate on the opposing side, always good to sink them :) ).

[edited for clarity, but ninja'd by Agarwaen]

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
Just now, philjd said:

On a more serious note - Wasn't there some sort of rumbling from officialdom about clicking in with multiple divisions?

(counting down in to battle, trying to get more than 1 Division on the same side, but usually ending up on opposing sides - don;t know about anyone else, but it adds an extra dimension of fun when you are on opposing sides with clan mates).

Yep. Losing to randoms is one thing.. losing to clan mates is the wooooorst

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,891 posts
2,152 battles
11 minutes ago, Profilus said:

12.2. Any types of contractual battles, i.e. match rigging, including deliberate losses (throwing games) or excessively passive behavior of both teams at once (forced draw) are prohibited.

Does this also include counting in matches with multiple divisions which has been approved before by WG?

@MrConway @Tuccy

This rule is directed at clan battles more than random battles.

Counting down into battle to play each other is fine as long as everyone keeps playing normally and doesn't try to "feed" or avoid shooting at clan mates on the opposing team.

• Cool 6

[EST]
[EST]
Players
699 posts
17,415 battles
2 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This rule is directed at clan battles more than random battles.

Counting down into battle to play each other is fine as long as everyone keeps playing normally and doesn't try to "feed" or avoid shooting at clan mates on the opposing team.

Thx for fast clarification.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Multiple divisions in Clan Battles would be quite unfair, I guess.

• Funny 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

The 3,,2,1 go in randoms is nothing bad per se,personally i find it even more of a motivation if there are clan members on the other side to win. :Smile_Default:

(i doubt clans intentionally throw a game, least i havent seen any and ive seen a big ammount of same clan on both sides matches)

[KENS]
[KENS]
Players
3 posts
8,171 battles

Not sure about others but I’ve found myself going more in the opposite direction where ill avoid a slightly easier shot at someone to attempt to blow up a clan mate just behind them, it’s so much more fun blowing each other up and actively trying to kill each other 

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,883 posts
6,775 battles

You don't even need to count, you can just watch the indicator appear when your friends go to battle (the crossed swords) and click battle. Ofc it doesn't always work, but once I managed to sneak a triple VIII div of my friends, landing with my Monty on opposite team :Smile_trollface:

Then went asap to TS to ask wonder who could it be? after slamming 20k to my friend's Tirpitz from behind an island without being spotted myself :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,570 posts
6,396 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

New clan rules point 12.2 - he's asking if 2 divisions of the same clan in the same team / game would also count as against the rules becuase from that point it sounds like it should.

Exactly the same way as rule number 10 effectively makes your clans name (Torra Torra Torra [TTT]) illegal

10. Full and abbreviated clan names, tags and descriptions must not:

• 10.1. Be implicitly or explicitly connected to any organizations, historical or political representatives, including those convicted of crimes against mankind, that thus cause negative reaction of considerable number of people, or to any representatives or names of terrorist organizations, including currently operating ones. Violation example: Nazi attributes, abbreviations or symbols of any kind, e.g. “SS”, as well as names, last names or initials of Nazi representatives.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Exactly the same way as rule number 10 effectively makes your clans name (Torra Torra Torra [TTT]) illegal

Can't see any problem here. :cap_hmm:

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,883 posts
6,775 battles
45 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

To see it you need to practise your gymnastic skills.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
49 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Still not getting it.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,570 posts
6,396 battles
1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

1 hour ago, WolfGewehr said:

The kind of famous phrase "Tora Tora Tora" comes from Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7th Dec. 1941 - it was broadcasted by Mitsuo Fuchida (who was leading the attack) back to his carrier (Akagi) with the meaning "complete surprise achieved" - in other words, Americans had no idea the attack was coming.

Attack started about an hour before Japan declared war on USA, and as such the attack was judged in the Tokyo trials to be a war crime.

So unless I can call a clan Auschwitz or Nanjig / Nanking and it would be seen as perfectly fine - TTT is illegal as of patch 0.7.3 (assuming that's when those new rules come into effect as they were added to the patchnotes)

Of course, that would be just the most obvious case as their clan is way better known in the community than most, but still - fits those rules

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
9 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So unless I can call a clan Auschwitz or Nanjig / Nanking and it would be seen as perfectly fine - TTT is illegal as of patch 0.7.3 (assuming that's when those new rules come into effect as they were added to the patchnotes)

Of course, that would be just the most obvious case as their clan is way better known in the community than most, but still - fits those rules

Not necessarily. It does reference the PH attack but

1. Attack without declaration of war is a war crime but that not automatically constitute a crime against humanity - it was an attack on military base, after all

2. It doesn't seem like the attack carries - even in USA - connotations in any way comparable to what you try comparing the incident to

Basically, it would take a bit of bad will to use this rule to force TTT to change their name - and if such way of interpreting these rules were to be accepted as standard, the results would be pretty ridiculous, we'd have a witchhunt among clan tags/names.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,570 posts
6,396 battles
29 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Not necessarily. It does reference the PH attack but

1. Attack without declaration of war is a war crime but that not automatically constitute a crime against humanity - it was an attack on military base, after all

2. It doesn't seem like the attack carries - even in USA - connotations in any way comparable to what you try comparing the incident to

Basically, it would take a bit of bad will to use this rule to force TTT to change their name - and if such way of interpreting these rules were to be accepted as standard, the results would be pretty ridiculous, we'd have a witchhunt among clan tags/names.

Well then

15th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Latvian)

Front line combat unit, no participation in any war crimes. No Latvian legionnaire found guilty in Nurnberg trails. In fact, some of the 15th legion soldiers were on guard duties in Nurnberg trails.

19th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (2nd Latvian)

Front line combat unit, no participation in any war crimes. On the day of Germanys surrender still held large territory of Kurland under their control. While some fled to Sweden or surrendered to Soviets, many (estimated a few thousand) kept fighting as "forest brothers" completely ignoring the surrender order from Germany. Most wiped out by 1956, almost all by mid-1970s.

But boy oh boy would that be a problem if I dared to name a clan or whatever even distantly connected to something like that.

You don't pick and choose. Either rules apply to everyone, or noone.

• Cool 1

[HAMI]
[HAMI]
Beta Tester
265 posts
17,321 battles

10. Full and abbreviated clan names, tags and descriptions must not:

• 10.1. Be implicitly or explicitly connected to any organizations, historical or political representatives, including those convicted of crimes against mankind, that thus cause negative reaction of considerable number of people, or to any representatives or names of terrorist organizations, including currently operating ones. Violation example: Nazi attributes, abbreviations or symbols of any kind, e.g. “SS”, as well as names, last names or initials of Nazi representatives.

5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So you're saying TTT was an organization or an representative of an organization?  Or maybe you should ask to WG to add "famous phrases" to their rules of illegal clan names.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,570 posts
6,396 battles
15 minutes ago, SunSkaRe said:

So you're saying TTT was an organization or an representative of an organization?  Or maybe you should ask to WG to add "famous phrases" to their rules of illegal clan names.

Well, "Gas the Juice" is not and has never been an organization, it's not even anything directly offensive. But I bet my a** that would be banned instantly

latest?cb=20121125193816

• Funny 1

[HAMI]
[HAMI]
Beta Tester
265 posts
17,321 battles

It could be banned... but not cause of that point in the rules you're pointing to...

Despite, you really want to compare that to a phrase that was said by japan meaning that the mission was completed as planned?

You're constantly trying to compare tora tora tora (a sentence called over radio informing of the result of the mission to strike military targets) to the nazi regime... it is not even remotely comparable to death camps, what nazis did in those death camps or any other nazi SS division (either it saw war or not)

Might as well go ahead and ban any clan named banzai or that makes any reference to it as well...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You don't pick and choose. Either rules apply to everyone, or noone.

Well, WG seems to be quite content in ignoring its own rules when it comes to "certain" symbols/insignias of dubious organizations, historical or political representatives and even makes them into reward badges for everyone to flaunt. So I don't see why TTT's name shouldn't be allowed.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
10 hours ago, SunSkaRe said:

It could be banned... but not cause of that point in the rules you're pointing to...

Despite, you really want to compare that to a phrase that was said by japan meaning that the mission was completed as planned?

You're constantly trying to compare tora tora tora (a sentence called over radio informing of the result of the mission to strike military targets) to the nazi regime... it is not even remotely comparable to death camps, what nazis did in those death camps or any other nazi SS division (either it saw war or not)

Might as well go ahead and ban any clan named banzai or that makes any reference to it as well...

Actually the warcrimes the japanese committed were just as bad, if not worse, as the ones the germans and soviets did, the only difference is that no one will be banned for using USSR units and individuals guilty of warcrimes and crimes against humanity..

Sign in to follow this