You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
matt1600s

A waste of xp?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[ARS]
Players
8 posts
3,086 battles

Hi all,

I've been playing for a little while now mostly in bb's  (Nelson and Alabama * thanks wargaming the ala cost me £1.70 in a Christmas box :D  ) I've gotten them both 19pt capt's now but don't really know what the xp they gain should go into. I've gotten a few capt's up to 10points using the xp . The other night i saw I had the "Okhonik" It was good with the 10point capt it came with, better when I upped it to 14 and now I'm trying to fight the urge to take it unto a 19point capt.   I know its a not a proper dd but I relly enjoy playing it . Would 19points in a T5 ship be a huge waste of xp? 

4 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,187 posts
10,969 battles

This is a game. Nothing is wasted if you have fun doing it :cap_like:

If you enjoy that ship, then use your XP and play it.

Players
430 posts
9,118 battles
8 minutes ago, matt1600s said:

Hi all,

I've been playing for a little while now mostly in bb's  (Nelson and Alabama * thanks wargaming the ala cost me £1.70 in a Christmas box :D  ) I've gotten them both 19pt capt's now but don't really know what the xp they gain should go into. I've gotten a few capt's up to 10points using the xp . The other night i saw I had the "Okhonik" It was good with the 10point capt it came with, better when I upped it to 14 and now I'm trying to fight the urge to take it unto a 19point capt.   I know its a not a proper dd but I relly enjoy playing it . Would 19points in a T5 ship be a huge waste of xp? 

I would say yes definitely a waste unless you are absolutely certain to play her a ton. On a DD the 10 first points are extremely important usually to get concealment expert. The rest is usually luxury except on Akizuki where you also really need IFHE. 

So 14 to 19 is super hyper expensive and won't get you much more than 14 points especially on a T5 destroyer. 

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
26 minutes ago, matt1600s said:

Hi all,

- you can respec any captain with captain XP instead of Dubloons

- you can retrain captains with captain XP instead of dubloons or having to fight battles with the captain skills only being 50% or having to retrain them on prem ships

- as you did you can get captains up to 10 pts (or more) for relatively few captain XP

So it is a great resource to have if and when you are going up a line towards T10 and want to take a captain with you moving up the tiers. Then it is always necessary to retrain the captains to the proceeding ship and eventually retrain them if the line changes and other things become more important.

I would not spend captain XP on the Ohotnik captain since this ship does not need the 19pts. Furthermore if you decide to maybe start the RU DD line, you would have to eventually retrain him anyway and maybe even respecc, which gets more expensive the more points the captain has. RU BBs will also be available in the future ;)

[ARS]
Players
8 posts
3,086 battles

Thank you very much all. I'll leave him just how he is I think. I'm very sorry to say I did lie :/ hes a 15 point capt as last week I got fed up with the ship losing its engines so dropped a 15th point in.........  Thanks again o7