You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

Ok then, I want Radar Mod on my Missouri

30 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles

The Engine Boost Modification 1 upgrade is now available on French battleships flag_France.pngnormal.pngVIII Gascogne, flag_France.pngnormal.pngVIII Richelieu, flag_France.pngnormal.pngIX Alsace and flag_France.pngnormal.pngX République.

WHY?!

Wasn't it stated multiple times that SpoodBeest Mod is a cruiser and DD special? Good enough that BBs got SpoodBeest itself, they don't need the modification.

And yes, @MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos in this situation I see it perfectly fair that my Missouri finally gets the ability to mount the Radar Mod, why isn't that a thing? :fish_palm:

Edit: Hydro mod on German BBs? Same thing, isn't it?

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,584 battles

Hheh, it's the "National Flavor"-thingy I guess. Although I had been hoping they would have been a bit more creative and done that through buffed Captain skills or some such instead of giving the ships themselves magical qualities. I mean everyone knows that all Germans are born with an in-built Hydro and the unavoidable  tendency to go sub-nautical when confronted with even slightest bodies of water right?:Smile_teethhappy:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles
12 minutes ago, Takru said:

paWQ0tZ.png.a313c8f6b750410727e0eed6eebb22e1.png

Hey TTT, have you guys read the (new) clan rules linked in the patchnotes? :Smile_teethhappy:

10. Full and abbreviated clan names, tags and descriptions must not:

• 10.1. Be implicitly or explicitly connected to any organizations, historical or political representatives, including those convicted of crimes against mankind, that thus cause negative reaction of considerable number of people, or to any representatives or names of terrorist organizations, including currently operating ones. Violation example: Nazi attributes, abbreviations or symbols of any kind, e.g. “SS”, as well as names, last names or initials of Nazi representatives.

This phrase originated during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, and was popularized in the U.S. by the movie of the same name.

It was sent by Mitsuo Fuchida, the leader of the first wave of Japanese fighters, to his superiors on the aircraft carrier Akagi. The word tora (虎) means "tiger" in Japanese, but in this case is an abbreviated radio codeword, an acronym for totsugeki raigeki (突撃雷撃), literally meaning "lightning attack," indicating to his superiors that the objective of complete surprise had been achieved.

You boys (and girls if there are any) in trouble :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster
3,631 posts
13,130 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You boys (and girls if there are any) in trouble :Smile_trollface:

giphy[1].gif

• Funny 7

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,584 battles

Tiger eh? Oh well, I am safe then. Our clan is more of a pussycat anyhow... :Smile_smile:

kitty.jpg.9d0dec09d8fe0fd5e1ba9b8422d9d977.jpg

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles
21 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

The Engine Boost Modification 1 upgrade is now available on French battleships flag_France.pngnormal.pngVIII Gascogne, flag_France.pngnormal.pngVIII Richelieu, flag_France.pngnormal.pngIX Alsace and flag_France.pngnormal.pngX République.

WHY?!

Wasn't it stated multiple times that SpoodBeest Mod is a cruiser and DD special? Good enough that BBs got SpoodBeest itself, they don't need the modification.

And yes, @MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos in this situation I see it perfectly fair that my Missouri finally gets the ability to mount the Radar Mod, why isn't that a thing? :fish_palm:

Edit: Hydro mod on German BBs? Same thing, isn't it?

They were actually intended to have access to this all along, but we unfortunately forgot to enable it for the ships when they were implemented.

It provides an interesting choice due to their already very high speed, but at the cost of a potential Damage Control System Modification. I probably would not slot it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 on Russian destroyers? :Smile_hiding:

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,584 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

They were actually intended to have access to this all along, but we unfortunately forgot to enable it for the ships when they were implemented.

It provides an interesting choice due to their already very high speed, but at the cost of a potential Damage Control System Modification. I probably would not slot it.

Aaahhaaah!:Smile_great: That explains a bit. I recently got chased around the entire map in my Mogami by a particularly agitated and relentless Alsace and seemed quite unable to shake him off at first despite of having a speed flag on. Perhaps this is what happened then. :cap_old:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,069 battles
16 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Wait wasn't that upgrade kind of low on the impact it has on the ships or did you guys fix that in the meantime?

Reduces the risk of flooding or fire:

• -3% to the risk of flooding and damage received when torpedoes hit the torpedo protection.
  • -5% to the risk of fire.

Is that still -3/5% reduction of the already low chance of a fire/flood (as in 5% of 14% chance to getting set on fire) or are these values actually added as whole percentage to the flood/fire protection of said ship? (fire resilliance for said ship= 14% so +5%=19%?)

If it is still the first one I would pick the other modules (or in this case the special speedboost) any day like i am doing right now.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles
14 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Wait wasn't that upgrade kind of low on the impact it has on the ships or did you guys fix that in the meantime?

Reduces the risk of flooding or fire:

• -3% to the risk of flooding and damage received when torpedoes hit the torpedo protection.
  • -5% to the risk of fire.

Is that still -3/5% reduction of the already low chance of a fire/flood (as in 5% of 14% chance to getting set on fire) or are these values actually added as whole percentage to the flood/fire protection of said ship? (fire resilliance for said ship= 14% so +5%=19%?)

If it is still the first one I would pick the other modules (or in this case the special speedboost) any day like i am doing right now.

Not sure about flooding, fire is multiplicative.

10% fire chance and -5% risk of fire would be

10% * 0.95 = 9.5% fire chance

So yeah, pretty low impact

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster
3,631 posts
13,130 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

qQ03NAM.gif

• Funny 3

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,784 battles
54 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

.................despite of having a speed flan on.................

OT - what on earth is a speed flan? ;)

yall mind if i - YALL MIND IF I FLAN SPAM

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,584 battles
35 minutes ago, philjd said:

Oopsie there, a typo... I meant flag of course. Hehehe!:Smile_Default:

Players
306 posts
5,552 battles
39 minutes ago, philjd said:

yall mind if i - YALL MIND IF I FLAN SPAM

Think bugatti veyron that's made of dessert.

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

How is a modification for a miserable +8% speed boost even remotely comparable to radar and hydro mods?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles
13 minutes ago, Sander93 said:

How is a modification for a miserable +8% speed boost even remotely comparable to radar and hydro mods?

It gives +50% duration to the speed boost, not extra speed.

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles
22 minutes ago, MrConway said:

It gives +50% duration to the speed boost, not extra speed.

I know. I meant a mod for increased duration for a useless +8% speed consumable isn't remotely comparable to the mods that increase radar and hydro duration. 

[IRQ]
Players
2,680 posts
6,353 battles
4 minutes ago, Sander93 said:

I know. I meant a mod for increased duration for a useless +8% speed consumable isn't remotely comparable to the mods that increase radar and hydro duration. 

Most of the time, the benefit of the consumable isn't the extra speed, but the significantly increased acceleration.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Ok then, I want Radar Mod on my Missouri

May I also recommend a citadel-vine with a cruiser like "full body" to go along and down this already p2w-rich and OP-BB-fat meal? :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface::fish_viking:

• Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
324 posts
4,505 battles

Go play a radar cruiser then...
Missouri has already proven to be "less than enjoyable" for it`s supposed counters (i.e. DD`s) even though it has no acess to RM1. Not to mention there was a reason why it was removed from the techtree.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,946 battles
5 hours ago, Takru said:

paWQ0tZ.png.a313c8f6b750410727e0eed6eebb22e1.png

Is it strange that I somewhat miss his topics? :Smile_sad:

• Funny 2

[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,052 battles
7 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Is it strange that I somewhat miss his topics? :Smile_sad:

nope, same here :(

• Cool 1

[POI--]
[POI--]
Players
258 posts
6,712 battles

As somebody who believes the Missouri already outclasses all other tier 9 BBs to the point of uselessness... I would certainly rather not see it get any better...