MrConway

General feedback

29 comments in this topic

[BACA]
Players
63 posts
6,356 battles

It still takes forever for spotted ships to appear. Some times up to 10 seconds after being spotted, before the ship is shown. It doesn't matter if playing with highest or lowest graphic settings and I don't have any mods installed.

• Cool 3

[TENGO]
Players
218 posts
8,824 battles
56 minutes ago, PziCrow said:

It still takes forever for spotted ships to appear. Some times up to 10 seconds after being spotted, before the ship is shown. It doesn't matter if playing with highest or lowest graphic settings and I don't have any mods installed.

Sometimes the Ships appear AFTER their Shells landed it quite irritates in Clanmatches if you have to guess by the shells what shoots at you. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles

The new heavy damage sound (shell shock silence and audible heartbeat) is just unnecessary.

I'd like to actually hear the match, not suddenly have my audio muted and a heartbeat pumping in my ears just because I took some arbitrarily large amount of damage. It is distracting at best and utterly annoying at worst.

Can we at least have an option to turn off such fluff audio (same as the main battery reload bell jingle)? It's already bad enough I had to basically mute the environment audio just to hear my mates over TS.

• Cool 1

[-TWA-]
[-TWA-]
Players
73 posts
18,030 battles

The new weather effects make it really hard to aim at ships. 

shot-18_03.29_15_37.55-0260.thumb.jpg.4b842e433498c144ff07b48fe3932ee7.jpg

not sure if that is a bug or not 

• Funny 1

[1TE]
[1TE]
Players
2 posts
4,974 battles

Spaceships are no replacement for crappy balancing...so keep your space ships and work on the balancing of the game, :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[-5D2-]
Players
43 posts
10,564 battles

Nice to have a filter for the space stuff, as I'm not really interested.

But why is there still no filter for the French 'special' camos.  Really hate that stuff and would like to choose not to see it.

Please add a filter next patch.

Players
248 posts
12,488 battles

Regarding the new flag locations on maps like Hot Spot, Sleeping Giant and Land of fire.

I do not know if your intention was to try to create less camping or perhaps you had some other idea.

I have to say that Hot Spot was my favorite map as it was with the 3 flags.

Really do no think you should mess with that map.

However, we have tried the Sleeping Giant and Hot Spot with the new flag locations.

The new layout creates stale mate camping situations instead of improving the battle.

I am all for improvements and trying to create change but I personally did not like this particular change.

hotspot.thumb.png.01a929e0d18386e4adf5d51049a2ff4a.png

Best Regards

Me

• Cool 2

[NSR]
Players
84 posts
5,146 battles

- For the love of the game... Roll back to old shell flight sound.... This new one is extremly loud and it stutters like mad.

- And that dam bell after you reload your guns. where can i turn that crap off...

Currently playing without sound thx to this 2 things. And that is not really any fun at all.

3 more days of premium and then I am off and will not play again or pay premium with the sound broken.

• Cool 1

Players
248 posts
12,488 battles
5 hours ago, DBoZ_Skyline said:

- For the love of the game... Roll back to old shell flight sound.... This new one is extremly loud and it stutters like mad.

- And that dam bell after you reload your guns. where can i turn that crap off...

Currently playing without sound thx to this 2 things. And that is not really any fun at all.

3 more days of premium and then I am off and will not play again or pay premium with the sound broken.

I totally agree.

Oh, also roll back the fletcher gun sounds that were introduced a few patches back.

They literally make me not want to play the fletcher.

/Me

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles

I like the new sound effects for shell flight. Maybe it needs tweaking, idk, but overall a good addition :Smile_Default:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles
On 3/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, Kokuwaja said:

Wargaming you changed the Blance the every shell is 40.000 dmg and Crusiser lost hitpoints with one shell for 98% of its ship hull after patch. One salvo and cruisers are dead. Game was awesome playable the last three month, but after patch you fall back into old times. Fix it back its unplayable. We lost 80% of our players in our guild because of bad gamebalance. We dont need changeds into gamebalance, it was fine. Now unplayable or give all ships 20.000 more hitpoints. I also kill enemy Cruisers with one salvo also when they angeling, thats no fun.

We did not make any changes with the update that change the way shells damage and hit cruisers.

[-MM]
Players
399 posts
7,942 battles

Every time I read "we improved the sound experience" in the patch notes I get filled with dread of what my ears have to endure next.

The sound design gets worse and worse with every patch.

I know your sound guys probably have not much to do. But stop changing stuff just for the sake of changing. Also stop adding annoying audio cues, like the reloading bell. Most people just hammering the mouse button until the guns go off anyway.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,677 battles

Give us the option to hide those rental ships. Shouldn`t be a biggie for u to do.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
558 posts
2,090 battles
10 hours ago, siramra said:

Give us the option to hide those rental ships. Shouldn`t be a biggie for u to do.

HAHAHA ... GL with that ... I am requesting this one each patch since the rental ships were introduced ... did not yet happen and I have seen NO feedback at all on the topic ...

• Cool 1

[TRUMP]
Players
88 posts
13,980 battles

The setting Controls > "Always Start a Battle Completely Zoomed out" does not work.

It only zooms out to the second-most zoomed out leaving you with annoying noise from turrets.

And switching from Guns to Torpedoes to Guns means that now you are no longer fully zoomed out for Guns... leading to annoying noise from turrets.

[BACA]
Players
63 posts
6,356 battles

Could we please have an option to turn off the annoying DING when main guns have reloaded? We already have a sound for the guns when they have reloaded, so now there are 2 sounds going off and it is really annoying.

And, will we ever see a fix for the extreme load times of spotted ships? It is getting to a point, where even BB's can stealthfire because it takes so long to load in a ship, that it goes off detection, before it is loaded in visually.

And I'm still not using any mods and high or low graphics settings isn't changing anything.

• Cool 1

[BACA]
Players
63 posts
6,356 battles

Here's a video from Flambass and watching from 10m 30s you can see what I'm talking about, from my previous post.

Sometimes, it is much worse, and I have experienced this with up to ~20 seconds.

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,329 battles

Just wanted to second on these issues :

- Reload ringalingdingding : Pls make it switchable on/off

- "Always Start a Battle Completely Zoomed out"  : It really does not work properly and the turret / engine noise is too loud when not completely zoomed out.

- Rentals ships in port : Yes, also filter / switchable.

- New shell sounds : I like them, but they tend to bug a lot ; Sometimes when there is no shells flying around, I keep hearing stuttering shell sounds "all over the place"

- I'm not so sure about the new layout in "Hot spot" at all...

- And maybe a little less compression on the heavy hit effect, it completely disables other sounds.

Players
859 posts
7,680 battles

Guys, as of today, I am experiencing juddering in PORT, in the small transitions from one view to another, like from Modules to Exterior. After just THREE scenario games. On a current (if low budget) gaming rig, coffee lake core i3, 8 GB, M.2 PCIe SSD, 1050 graphics which did full res HD graphics with no issues till 0.7.2.

EDIT: I noticed this effect in the fairly new "Spaceport" port, in Nagasaki from the Aslain mod pack it's not present.

[TENGO]
Players
218 posts
8,824 battles
On 3/30/2018 at 2:08 PM, MrConway said:

We did not make any changes with the update that change the way shells damage and hit cruisers.

Yeah you also didn't change how they hit destroyers yet. =] Enjoy St. Petersburg. 

Great that the issue mentioned gets fixed. 

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,200 posts
8,641 battles

So your idea of fun Wargaming is to send a tier 5 battleship into 3 consecutive battles against tier 7 cv's? This sound like a legit formula for fun eh WG? Apart from my own views as a veteran, do you think this does you any favours with newcomers who reach tier 5 and get plastered all over the seas by tier 7 cv's? Are you really really really able to justify this backward idea? Of course you can't, so don't even try.

Players
859 posts
7,680 battles

The sound effect  of the main battery gun reload on lower tier ships like Vampire and Duguain sounds like the creak of a really rusty, super old door spring. Or more to the point, the sound I'm referring to comes up immediately after discharging the guns.

I'm not sure if this is actually a part of the current update, I only noticed it now. I have no clue what device involved in the reload process is supposed to make this sound (some kind of gun rammer system? Munitions hoist?) but it is jarring.