MrConway

Space Battles

38 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles

Captains,

Please leave any feedback on our new space mode and the associated skins in this thread.

• Bad 1

[BDE]
[BDE]
Beta Tester
414 posts
12,762 battles

where are the boats there are none

Players
1,458 posts
5,699 battles
On 27.3.2018 at 2:24 PM, MrConway said:

Captains,

Please leave any feedback on our new space mode and the associated skins in this thread.

30€ for these low-res skins? Really? 30€?

I mean...really???

nope-pl-000000-5

[GW_KR]
Players
182 posts
13,679 battles

Riddle me this.

If this is Space....why there is a water foam around my ship ?

Also bottom half of my ship is darkened, as if it is submerged into some kind of space water.

Players
29 posts
7,277 battles

well

a) there was no need to make starships THAT much sea-ship like: chimnes sideways???

(the chimey fire fits better at posterior boosters in space..)

b) if there were means for each ship to TILT its "sailing plane", we would have TRUE 3D spaceship battles!

(but i guess your sw engineers are not THAT savvy :P)

c) SHIELDS pls

Players
29 posts
7,277 battles

Please arrange for some old Type 20 camo trade in,

cant (matter of principle) pay 30€ atop for the same stats camo

as i have most of them already on tier X ships...

Players
1,458 posts
5,699 battles
10 minutes ago, ulthien said:

well

a) there was no need to make starships THAT much sea-ship like: chimnes sideways???

b) if there were means for each ship to TILT its "sailing plane", we would have TRUE 3D spaceship battles!

(but i guess your sw engineers are not THAT savvy :P)

c) SHIELDS pls

90% of the playerbase can't cope with the 2 dimensions the game offers and you want a 3rd???

Players
29 posts
7,277 battles

Image result for wh40k spaceships

Yupp :)

a true Mandalorian space pilot would understand that ! :)

Players
1,458 posts
5,699 battles
2 hours ago, ulthien said:

Image result for wh40k spaceships

Yupp :)

a true Mandalorian space pilot would understand that ! :)

You're wrong

Walhalla.jpg

66x Point Singularity Projector because shooting with Black Holes > all

[POP]
Players
286 posts
7,094 battles

I have a feeling that psy field was introduced against back camping players. However in it's current form it negatively affects cruisers more than BBs. Cruisers are more dependant on their repair party consumable than BBs are. Change psy field from inhibiting repair party to inhibiting damage control party and make it affect BBs only. This probably will throw its  effectiveness to overboard but then you will definitely have a means to force back camping BBs on the move.

• Funny 1

Players
29 posts
7,277 battles
9 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

You're wrong

Walhalla.jpg

66x Point Singularity Projector because shooting with Black Holes > all

ok conceding, in the limited worldview of a Mandalorian, space IS 2D :P i.e. all lies in the same plane LOL

Players
282 posts

Just a humble REQUEST: Can those taht STILL use historical ships in a random battle NOT TO HEAR THE SPACE projectiles sound effects?  Its rather anouying...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles
16 hours ago, nooberg said:

Riddle me this.

If this is Space....why there is a water foam around my ship ?

Also bottom half of my ship is darkened, as if it is submerged into some kind of space water.

We needed to provide some way for people to figure out where the waterspaceline of the ships is to make it possible to aim properly.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles
3 hours ago, Anthoniusii said:

Just a humble REQUEST: Can those taht STILL use historical ships in a random battle NOT TO HEAR THE SPACE projectiles sound effects?  Its rather anouying...

The space sound effects do not carry over into regular battles, even when the space skins are equipped. Please also remember that you can disable all space content in the port filter.

Players
282 posts
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

The space sound effects do not carry over into regular battles, even when the space skins are equipped. Please also remember that you can disable all space content in the port filter.

In fact they do. Many ships projectlies (in random non space battles) when aproaching my ship sound like those in space battles. And yes i excluded EVERYTHING space in my port!

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles
24 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

In fact they do. Many ships projectlies (in random non space battles) when aproaching my ship sound like those in space battles. And yes i excluded EVERYTHING space in my port!

Could you please send me a recording of this occurring in a random battle, that does not sound like it is working as intended at all!

Players
215 posts
8,713 battles

Long Waiting times 10 Ships  on two teams :250 bbs 100 ca's 50 dds in que... 5 minutes waiting unless i take a dd and let myself get rolled over by backsniping battleships.... Bad... really bad... 

Also the Camos are ridicilously overpriced, i am sorry guys, iI won't spend 8000 Dubloons on a Camoflage that is changing Visuals. Sorry no but simply no. Not that i could , let me quote your Premium Shop Purchase temporarily unavailable due to technical issues.

Players
1 post
1,535 battles

May I just query why tier VI was chosen as the cut-off point?
I get that you didn't want raw newbies to waltz into the new mode without knowing the basics. But is VI a tier too high? Surely by the time you get to V you'll have got the basics. Or are so idiotic you'll just never learn. 
OK, so I'll admit at this point to being biased ;) I like to clear all ships of a tier before moving onto the next, so I only have tier V ships. Yes, I'm a bit of a casual player, only 655 random battles (though 53% win rate and 1.27 kills to deaths, so I'm no stumblebum). But it is a little galling I can't join in the fun.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,871 posts

Kudos to you WG for the effort you put into those minigames, but in this case besides interesting skins sold for mindboggling amount of gold, there is nothing interesting. This could've been so much more. You haven't even bothered to put some kind of crazy consumables on the spaceships. (like in the excellent Halloween mode!)

Also scenario would work much, much better in my opinion). I understand you don't want to change established pattern (pvp on April Fools, pve on Halloween), but unless some additional content is present that differs significantly from what is already in the game, your efforts are wasted.

[UB109]
Beta Tester
37 posts

Don't mind helping out on some testing.

Do a few battles, get the rewards, move on.

But I, spacebattles and rng lootboxes bogged down into a grindfest, with lootboxes spilling camo stead of emblem patches I'd like to collect, like a ranked almost but confined to space bc randombattles/2wins removed(?) or doesn't suffice to collect all rewards.

edit: 7(14) boxes through spacebattle wins daily challenge two-day-in-a-row, with 7 from the random wins (additional challenge on 1st day) not enough.., looking forward to grind tomorrow/not.

Bummer.

editII: so no joy in getting all the five emblem patches, maybe I didn't get all the supposed lootboxes, anyway ..fool's on me, ty wg.

editIII: I might have misread some stuff, there will be more containers to obtain in a second timeframe of the specebattles, sry-ty wg.

Sign in to follow this