You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

Which cruiser line should I go for?

12 comments in this topic

[_WOTS]
Players
94 posts
2,430 battles

I want to start playing cruisers a bit more. Im interested in the following:

- Higher tiers 6-10, mostly 10 to be honest. The grind must be worth it in the end.

- great number of guns and fire rate

- long ranged

- Ofcourse I want to deal dmg.

Im not interested in torps, armor, speed and all that other stuff. From my research I think Russian line is what Im looking for but to be sure and not waste my time I want to ask you fellow captains.

thanks in advance!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,589 posts
7,064 battles
2 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

- Higher tiers 6-10, mostly 10 to be honest. The grind must be worth it in the end.

- long ranged

Im not interested in torps, armor, speed and all that other stuff. From my research I think Russian line is what Im looking for but to be sure and not waste my time I want to ask you fellow captains.

thanks in advance!

Any cruiser line from what you wrote :)

Players
960 posts
4,863 battles

Russians are a lot of fun and quite formidable ships if played with care. The Donskoi is a real stinker though. Threw more than 100k free xp at her to end my suffering. Can't say anything about Moskva yet, then again I have yet to meet someone to call her weak or bad. 

[BOATY]
Players
20 posts
3,269 battles

I suggest u for german cruisers. Well armored higher tiers and torps for protection, hydro good range, amazing ap

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles

A thing to note with RU line is that you'd likely want either to respec or have a separate captain for Moskva due to T6-T9 benefitting heavily from IFHE while T10 does not.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles
13 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

- long ranged

thanks in advance!

So X:

Great number of guns and fire rate would be Des Moines. Zao have the most guns but they are the slowest firing, so ZAO no.

- Long rage  eh here Minotaur would be nope.

- Any can deal damage but in your case I would go Moskva/Hiden.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
73 posts
3,405 battles

Go German line op, you won't regret it

[TENGO]
Players
1,454 posts
8,161 battles

Try them on the pts server. Ever since I tried moskva there, my donskoi grind has  slowed down even more.

From what you want I'd recommend Hindenburg as well tbh.

You might like moskva of course, but be warned, it doesn't feel like a cruiser at all. Sluggish, slow turrets, etc

Zao would fulfill your requirements too, except fire rate.

(Henri even less fire rate, mino and des Moines don't fulfill your range requirements)

Have fun with the cruiser grind, whatever it might be. Take priority target and come and share your horror stories.

[OGHF]
Players
526 posts
10,069 battles

No mention of the Royal Navy CL line, ships so paper thin armour wise that it is always a game of hide and seek, much like a DD, very frustrating if you get caught out and destroyed with one salvo but so satisfying  when you have a good game and top your teams table at the end of the game.:cap_cool:

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles
2 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

- long ranged

thanks in advance!

Some of the things you say can be condradicting, for example the Des Moines has a great rate of fire but you cannot really engage enemies at long distances.

Hindenburg would be the most solid choice, with Henri IV and Zao close behind.

Moskva is not bad but the ROF is average (as is the Zao's to be honest) and you should mostly use it to radar close to caps and "mini BB" / "bow in" playstyle.