Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Wallet_Warrior

Yamato Build

33 comments in this topic

Players
203 posts

Hi again all,

I have now fully ground my way through the Japanese Battleship line up to the Izumo. I have the free XP built up to skip the Izumo straight to Yamato, so far the grind is completely painless and my favourite ships on the line were Fuso and Nagato. I am just grinding out the credits required for Yamato on my Tirpitz. 

When I was planning out the Yamato build I was going to use it as a mid-range bow tanker since two of it's three turrets are on the front. I don't know if that's the way to play it as Nagato and Amagi seem to be long range citadel snipers, as soon as Amagi comes up against a Tirpitz in close quarters Amagi stands no chance. 

Anyway here goes so any advice/ comments are welcome:

Commander Build (14 points):

Preventative Maintenance,

Expert Marksman,

Basic Fire Training,

Advanced Fire Training,

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament.

Ship Upgrades:

Main Armament 1,

Damage Control System Modification 1,

Secondary Battery Modification 2,

Damage Control System Modification 2,
Concealment System Modification 1,

Secondary Battery Modification 3.

Consumables:

Damage Control Party II,

Repair Party II,

Spotting Aircraft I.

Signals:

Mike Yankee Soxisix,

November Echo Setteseven,

Hotel Yankee,

India Delta,

India Yankee,

Zulu,

India Bravo Terrathee,

Zulu Hotel.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,440 battles

• Cool 1

[G-S-W]
Beta Tester
110 posts
6,822 battles

Eurobeat style

I for myself dont like static gameplay (bowtanking), I find me a too easy target for HE spammer, at least I try to make it a bit harder for them.

Just keep in mind that you can be cita´d easily from the side and below your front turret, you dont want expose those too much.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,255 posts
7,335 battles

I pretty much make the fire prevention/repairs build for every BB nowadays, because HE spam spam...

• Cool 1

Players
203 posts
1 hour ago, Kenliero said:

I pretty much make the fire prevention/repairs build for every BB nowadays, because HE spam spam...

What is that build specifically? I've never even thought of a repair build before, I go balls to the wall DPS normally. 

1 hour ago, Seeigel said:

Eurobeat style

I for myself dont like static gameplay (bowtanking), I find me a too easy target for HE spammer, at least I try to make it a bit harder for them.

Just keep in mind that you can be cita´d easily from the side and below your front turret, you dont want expose those too much.

Fantastic video thanks for the link! 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,927 battles

I wouldn't skip the Izumo - and I wouldn't use secondary build (BFT, AFT, and MFCSA).

On my Yamato I have the "Double Aircraft" skill, Adrenaline Rush + Expert Marksman, Superintendent, Concealment Expert + Fire Prevention.

Last 3 skill points will probably go to Basics of Survivability.

The only thing I'm really doubting about is using Priority Target instead of the "Double Aircraft" skill.

As for ship upgrades, I'll need to check once I'm at home; but I'm quite sure I use the Spotting Aircraft mod + Reload mod (no secondary upgrades).

• Cool 1

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles

I approve of skipping Fire prevention and CE. It makes you the perfect farming victim when I play Zao

[SCRUB]
Players
2,255 posts
7,335 battles
20 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

What is that build specifically? I've never even thought of a repair build before, I go balls to the wall DPS normally. 

For me there is basicly 2 main versions, stealth and non stealth...

Non Stealth:

1: Priority target

2: High Alert, Jack Of All Trades, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush

3: Basics Of Survivability, Superintendent

4: Fire Prevention

For Stealth version 2 options:

Replace Fire Prevention with  Concealment expert.

OR

Alternatively, you could skip Superintendent and Jack Of All Trades and replace with  Concealment Expert and Preventive maintenance (This is my most common version)

Players
960 posts
4,863 battles

You pretty much want to increase your survivability and go all main guns as these are the whole point of the ship.

1: Preventative maintenance

2: Expert marksman and adrenaline rush

3: Super Intendant and the one decreasing your repair party cooldown

4: fire prevention and concealment expert. 

Upgrades: main battery 1, 2 and 3, repair Party 1 and 2, concealment. 

There are better secondary ships and your concealment allows you to get close enough. 

• Cool 1

Players
203 posts

OK basically the way everyone is telling to go is for a main gun/stealth/ fire prevention build. So updating it to:

Commander Build (14 Points):

Preventative Maintenance (Reduces the risk of incapacitation of ship modules),

Jack of All Trades (Reduces the cool down time of all consumables),

Basics of Survivability (Accelerates repair to modules, firefighting and recovery from flooding),

Fire Prevention (Reduces the risk of fire and the maximum damage caused by fire by decreasing the amount of potential fire sources),

Concealment Expert (Reduces ship detect-ability range).

Ship Upgrades:

Main Armaments Modification 1 (Increases survivability and accelerates repairs of main battery and torpedo tubes),

Damage Control System 1 (Reduces the risk of flooding or fire),

Aiming System Modification 1 (Increases firing accuracy of the main and secondary batteries, accelerates traverse speed of torpedo tubes and extends firing range of the secondary battery),

Damage Control System 2 (Accelerates fire extinguishing and recovery from flooding),

Concealment Modification System 1 (Reduces ship detect-ability range),

Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 (Extends firing range of the main battery).

Consumables:

Damage Control Party II,

Repair Party II,

Spotting Aircraft I.

Signals:

November Echo Setteseven (Increase damage per second of anti-aircraft mounts),

Mike Yankee Soxisix (Increase main battery range and decrease main and secondary battery dispersion),

November Foxtrot (Minus 5% reload time on consumables),

India Delta (+20% HP when Repair Party Consumable is used),

Juliet Yankee Bisotwo (-20% duration to flooding),

India Yankee (-20% duration to fire),

Zulu (+20% battle credits),

India Bravo Terrathree (-10% repair costs). 

This a better build?

Players
939 posts
4,991 battles
6 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

OK basically the way everyone is telling to go is for a main gun/stealth/ fire prevention build. So updating it to:

Preventative Maintenance (Reduces the risk of incapacitation of ship modules),

Jack of All Trades (Reduces the cool down time of all consumables),

Basics of Survivability (Accelerates repair to modules, firefighting and recovery from flooding),

Fire Prevention (Reduces the risk of fire and the maximum damage caused by fire by decreasing the amount of potential fire sources),

Concealment Expert (Reduces ship detect-ability range).

Dude what the freck, you can't play Yamato without Expert Marksman. Also it's really a bad idea to skip Adernaline rush (on any ship really) in favor of Jack of all Trades. You are giving up an easy 10% reload increase for a few seconds quicker DCP. Do not do it, especially when taking other skills and upgrades that reduce fire time.

• Cool 4

Players
203 posts
5 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Dude what the freck, you can't play Yamato without Expert Marksman. Also it's really a bad idea to skip Adernaline rush ( on any ship really) in favor of Jack of all Trades. You are giving up an easy 10% reload increase for a few seconds quicker DCP. Do not do it, especially when taking other skills and upgrades that reduce fire time.

so my commander build should be:

Preventative Maintenance,

Expert Marksmanship,

Basics of Survivability,

Fire Prevention,

Concealment Expert. 

Then add Adrenaline Rush when I get another two skill points? I need a tier 3 to get the tier 4 abilities and Adrenaline Rush is tier 2 but you say to get Expert Marksmanship at tier 2. 

• Cool 2

Players
939 posts
4,991 battles

Correct. Get AR after EM. Your last 3 points should go to Superintendent because of the extra heal.

You can make a case for getting one skill before another, down to preference mostly, but your 19-point build is now complete.

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
83 posts
8,414 battles

You have 400 battles and are going to buy t10?? I would rather go back to Nagato based on your stats and start learning the high tier game from pretty decent t7 match making.

• Cool 1

[TSUN]
Sailing Hamster
60 posts
3,328 battles

Why Gun fire mod 2 on Yamato???? What IS the point? Take for better reload. It Will slow turrets But expert marksmen Will cover it. And Use equipment for better rudder shift time for more torpedobeat

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,233 posts
7,060 battles
1 hour ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

Hi again all,

I have now fully ground my way through the Japanese Battleship line up to the Izumo. I have the free XP built up to skip the Izumo straight to Yamato, so far the grind is completely painless and my favourite ships on the line were Fuso and Nagato. I am just grinding out the credits required for Yamato on my Tirpitz. 

When I was planning out the Yamato build I was going to use it as a mid-range bow tanker since two of it's three turrets are on the front. I don't know if that's the way to play it as Nagato and Amagi seem to be long range citadel snipers, as soon as Amagi comes up against a Tirpitz in close quarters Amagi stands no chance. 

No it doesn't play like Nagato and Amagi it plays just like Izumo (but with lolpen gunsize), which is exactly the reason why you really shouldn't skip Izumo.( Why everone hates on Awezumo? :Smile_sad:)

At the same time you are correct in assuming Yamato plays like a bowtanking citadel sniping fortress that is excellent at areadenial.

If you want to go secoundaries you can do that just like on Bismarck, but if you want a competetive build then the survivalbuild suggested by @walter3kurtz is the way to go.

• Cool 1

Players
203 posts
27 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Correct. Get AR after EM. Your last 3 points should go to Superintendent because of the extra heal.

You can make a case for getting one skill before another, down to preference mostly, but your 19-point build is now complete.

Thanks mate I really appreciate the advice.

24 minutes ago, Klimons said:

You have 400 battles and are going to buy t10?? I would rather go back to Nagato based on your stats and start learning the high tier game from pretty decent t7 match making.

Nah I will play whatever ship I want thanks.

15 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

No it doesn't play like Nagato and Amagi it plays just like Izumo (but with lolpen gunsize), which is exactly the reason why you really shouldn't skip Izumo.( Why everone hates on Awezumo? :Smile_sad:)

At the same time you are correct in assuming Yamato plays like a bowtanking citadel sniping fortress that is excellent at areadenial.

If you want to go secoundaries you can do that just like on Bismarck, but if you want a competetive build then the survivalbuild suggested by @walter3kurtz is the way to go.

Thanks mate, I will go survival build since the Yamato doesn't really have the secondary base range for an excellent secondary build like someone else highlighted, which sucks because brawling would have been really nice. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,233 posts
7,060 battles
11 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

Thanks mate, I will go survival build since the Yamato doesn't really have the secondary base range for an excellent secondary build like someone else highlighted, which sucks because brawling would have been really nice. 

It actualy has the same max range as the glorious Secondaryboats Bismarck and Tirpitz, the only difference is the guns aren't just as effective due to their setup (either AP instead of HE or guncaliber)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles

400-ish battles, more than a quarter of whom you've been grinding XP with the Derpitz, and you've Free-XP'd to tier 9?

In the folder where you have your Warships installed (could be something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships ) there is this file:

Cgqgqr9.png

Just run it, it's going to take a moment to load up but then it has all the guides & answers about how to build your Yamato you could ever ask :cap_like:

[0RCA]
Players
335 posts
7,554 battles

dont need main armament 1, you have tonns of armour---- go auxiliary armament 1.

also choose aiming system modification-----, although you got used to nagato and speedy battleships ------maybe get main battery mod 2.

captain built ---you must use concealment expert ,---and advanced firing training..........---- you  dont need adrenaline rush and basic firing training.

when you get 19 pts capt, get fire prevention and thats that.

• Cool 1

Players
203 posts
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

400-ish battles, more than a quarter of whom you've been grinding XP with the Derpitz, and you've Free-XP'd to tier 9?

In the folder where you have your Warships installed (could be something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships ) there is this file:

Cgqgqr9.png

Just run it, it's going to take a moment to load up but then it has all the guides & answers about how to build your Yamato you could ever ask :cap_like:

Cool story bro.

Looks like you're still a cuñt, just as you were a cuñt the last time so I'll go back to forgetting you exist now. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

Cool story bro.

Looks like you're still a cuñt, just as you were a cuñt the last time so I'll go back to forgetting you exist now. 

And it looks like you're still a noob, just like the last time. Would be glad to see you in the enemy team, with their chances of winning taking a vertical nosedive directly because of you.

Players
203 posts
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And it looks like you're still a noob, just like the last time. Would be glad to see you in the enemy team, with their chances of winning taking a vertical nosedive directly because of you.

Would rather be a noob than a [edited] who's still crap despite their unwarranted self-importance and EPICALLY crap at World of Tanks. Might go look at your WoT stats for a good laugh now. 

Mods is there anyway to permanently block another user and automatically filter out their posts? I can't be bothered with this [edited] hijacking my threads all the time when all he does is talk crap and bring nothing constructive to the conversation.

[BOTS]
Players
1,646 posts
11,787 battles

I use Preventive Maintenance as lvl 1 skill for my captain, and Auxiliary Armament mod. in upgrade slot 1. I have never ever lost a turret on my Yamato/Musashi thanks to the ridiculously thick armor. So I use the mod in slot 1 to keep my secondaries and AA alive since their dmg output is already subpar compared to her T9/10 peers.

• Cool 2

Players
203 posts
16 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

I use Preventive Maintenance as lvl 1 skill for my captain, and Auxiliary Armament mod. in upgrade slot 1. I have never ever lost a turret on my Yamato/Musashi thanks to the ridiculously thick armor. So I use the mod in slot 1 to keep my secondaries and AA alive since their dmg output is already subpar compared to her T9/10 peers.

thanks, do you know any sites (the WOWS version of tanks.gg) that shows the actual breakdown? 

Sign in to follow this