Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gazzbott2point0

integrity check time?

14 comments in this topic

Players
30 posts
2,761 battles

currently running the integrity check on my cpu was just wondering if anyone know on average how long it takes....as of writing this its been going for over an hour and a half

thanks

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,060 battles
8 minutes ago, gazzbott2point0 said:

currently running the integrity check on my cpu was just wondering if anyone know on average how long it takes....as of writing this its been going for over an hour and a half

thanks

it depends on how powerful your PC is. Mine takes about 20-30 minutes for a integritycheck. (last time i checked was some while ago though)

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Are we talking about that one?

ic.PNG.fffd65e6d884905452d353572e8e51de.PNG

Cause I just tried and it took like one or two minutes... :cap_wander_2:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,060 battles
21 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I'm doing the same thing that @SeeteufeI is doing with an HDD, yet it only takes me 5 minutes tops.:cap_hmm:

well it takes longer when something is actualy broken, which is why you would normaly do this in the first place. :cap_tea:

Players
1,180 posts
3,402 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

well it takes longer when something is actualy broken, which is why you would normaly do this in the first place. :cap_tea:

Fair enough, I normally run an intregrity check everytime the game updates, just to be on the safe side.:cap_tea:

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
53 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Sorry, didn't want to break something for testing... :Smile_teethhappy:

But yeah, if something is broken and has to be re-downloaded things will look completely different. But then bandwidth will probably be more influential than computing power and date transfer rate.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,060 battles
20 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Sorry, didn't want to break something for testing... :Smile_teethhappy:

But yeah, if something is broken and has to be re-downloaded things will look completely different. But then bandwidth will probably be more influential than computing power and date transfer rate.

well it needs to install too but you are of course right it also depends on how much the client has to redownload and hence also the downloadspeed matters.

What I meant is it really depends on the local cicumstances and will take longer if something is outdated or not optimal.

And last time i messed up my client it took my pc over a quarter of an hour to fix it. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Players
713 posts
3,755 battles

....i never knew this existed and whenever the game broke i just deleted and started again
Image result for the more you know gif

Players
727 posts
11,444 battles

Apart from the CPU (and other components' I/O delays), it also depends on the implemented algorithm. I'll use a 900MB ISO I downloaded a while ago on my laptop as a guideline: roughly 8 seconds for SHA-1, about twice the time for SHA-256. Rounding conservatively to 800MB that would represent 100MB/s for the former, hence 10 seconds per gigabyte or 4 minutes for WoWS assuming a 24GB size for the game. Then add the download time required if any faulty file is found, but that belongs to the repair part.

Salute.

Players
148 posts
8,349 battles
On ‎26‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 10:03 PM, gazzbott2point0 said:

thanks

4min 8 fps

Players
30 posts
2,761 battles

Doesn't matter anyways guys, un-installed the game......and spent 4 days trying to re-install it, from the launcher it keeps giving me "critical errors" or "unable to upload files" blah blah blah, researched the problem, tried the suggestions on how to fix it....nothing....sent a ticket, WG got back to me.....nothing, dont know what else to do.....deleted WoT out of spite :/ (and also to flush my cpu of all WG folders and seeing if that helped....nope) running optimal system requirements for the game to work..........

Annoying, just recently got my 1st T10 BB and had 2 more T10s ready to buy :Smile_sad: plus space battles...looked fun, oh well.....

i take it as a sign to invest my time and money into another game i reckon......war thunder perhaps :Smile_hiding: hehe

happy sailing:cap_look:

Sign in to follow this