You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

Should we organize and take action to demand the Matchmaking is fixed?

7 comments in this topic

Players
863 posts
7,696 battles

Hi,

most players agree the matchmaking is seriously broken for tiers 5 and 8 especially, where you are very frequently so brutally uptiered that basically very attractive ships become very unfun to play most of the time.

Wargaming, on the other hand, not only doubles down but does so in the most patronizing, even condescending fashion.

(original: https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/105679-а-может-ли-леста-в-баланс/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-4438899)

Zitat

"+/- 2 matchmaking is currently not being revised. This principle provides a sufficient variety of battles and allows to emphasize the advantage of higher tiers (?). We studied this issue very seriously, including the distribution of different tier battles for each tier, the impact of the distribution on stats and players activity and feedback. The decision not to change +/- 2 was made consciously."

So they're basically saying, "You just think you're not having fun but believe me: you are. We have studied it and you are."

Instead, what do they want to focus on?

Zitat

• Improve the class balance with more stringent rules for mirroring the classes [atm we have a hardcap for CVs and a +/-1 rule for the other classes]
  • Improving the balance of nations and classes in order to significantly reduce situations like 2x Khaba vs 2x Shima

Which of course results in the complete opposite of "battle variety", in teams of more or less the exact same composition so you end up fighting "your own" ship most of the time.

I have a hard time figuring out the actual motive behind this strategy, if you want to call it that. I shan't go into it here so as to avoid useless offence.

However:

Shouldn't we consider taking steps to add motivation, like boycotting player behaviour that feeds into their business model?

Wargaming marketing has misstepped so frequently that in the end, we'd be doing them a favour.

[CATS]
Players
13,647 posts
10,385 battles

People complained about unfair MM when ships of one type where on one side. WG is doing something and now it is not good enough?

The MM+2 rule will not change. The only thing WG might do is to slightly decrease the amount of uptiering at the cost of waiting time.

Exclusive missions for Tier V and VIII might also help to balance out the overpopulation on Tier VII and X.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,206 posts
11,015 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

most players agree

On what facts do you base this assumption?

Just because they cry the loudest, doesn't mean they are the majority.

• Cool 2

Players
863 posts
7,696 battles

OK make that "all players whose opinion on the matter I have heard".

Or whatever.

The point is, at the very least we might get some more honesty and transparency instead of a trumpish "believe me, ok?"

It would be easy to implement a graduated, flexible model, maybe time-based, where uptiering is minimized during the peak hours. Also conceivable - things like a lower chance of uptiered matches for ships that are not fully upgraded, or based on player experience, like their total number of matches or something. Restraints that could be gradually released at hours when the player population on the servers is lower. An open discussion with actual server data, modelling and the predicted consequences. Treating players more as grown-ups and not quite as blatantly as a mere revenue source.

By which I don't mean to question the validity of the profit motive; it's a business, after all.

As long as I don't feel disrespected, they're welcome to make all the money they like.

[CATS]
Players
13,647 posts
10,385 battles

And if they give you all this information you do not need to believe them?

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
454 posts
5,682 battles

Would like them to limit the amount of BBs and DDs pr game, and giving the teams a Balance in ships before doing something With the +/-2 MM.