Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VC381

ARP voices when captain is in a regular ship

7 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,154 battles

Since they made them available for use I've been using spare ARP captains in various mid tier IJN ships I've kept or re-bought. Recently though when I play e.g. Fuso with Hiei as the captain I get regular Japanese voiceover (sound settings to "National", ARP enabled in filters). I didn't have time to test with them in an actual ARP ship, but I thought the voiceover was tied to the captain, not the ship, no? Is this a bug?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
53 minutes ago, VC381 said:

Since they made them available for use I've been using spare ARP captains in various mid tier IJN ships I've kept or re-bought. Recently though when I play e.g. Fuso with Hiei as the captain I get regular Japanese voiceover (sound settings to "National", ARP enabled in filters). I didn't have time to test with them in an actual ARP ship, but I thought the voiceover was tied to the captain, not the ship, no? Is this a bug?

It's a bug introduced a couple patches ago - "National" voiceovers have priority over captain-specific ones and completely disables the latter.

The next patch, however, should fix your problem, although rather than fixing National, they decided to keep it the way it works now BUT include a new National+ option that lets you hear ARP (and other non-standard) voiceovers if applicable.

One thing I'm not sure is if the National+ will work like the old National or rather (I'd much prefer it that way but I don't keep my hopes up) actually ties the voices to captains, so that I'd hear "my" ARP voice but also nation-specific (or even captain-specific if they have special captains too) quick commands from other ships, to get some inter-national chatter going on.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,154 battles

Thanks, I saw some of the older bug reports but they weren't recent so I thought it was already fixed. Happy to wait. National at the moment works to give all other ships in the battle radio responses in their language, which I like, I assume they would keep that with "+".

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
3 hours ago, VC381 said:

Thanks, I saw some of the older bug reports but they weren't recent so I thought it was already fixed. Happy to wait. National at the moment works to give all other ships in the battle radio responses in their language, which I like, I assume they would keep that with "+".

Well, previously (before special voices disappeared from National) they, unfortunately, just kinda toggled the captain-appropriate voiceover that covered everything (just like picking a specific voiceover does).

But yeah, would be nice if National+ left your allies' voices alone. Anyway, well see when the update hits home.

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles

Hmmh @VC381, it doesn't disturb me anymore actually (though I found it slightly odd in the beginning). Perhaps I just got used to them voices after a time. BUT on the other hand, it might feel a little perverse, if a previously squeaking little girl suddenly started speaking with a deep-manly-husky voice.:cap_wander:

• Funny 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,154 battles
27 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hmmh @VC381, it doesn't disturb me anymore actually (though I found it slightly odd int beginning). Perhaps I just got used to them voices after a time. BUT on the other hand, it might feel a little perverse, if a previously squeaking little girl suddenly started speaking with a deep-manly-husky voice.:cap_wander:

Well, I don't mind on one hand because I don't play the ARP ships that much so I just get normal voices in IJN ships. On the other hand, I tend to use Hiei (I have at least 3) and Kongo because their voices are... mmmm... let's just say not squeaky ;)

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles

Likewise, like wise... I have assigned the more squeaky ones to ARP ships mostly (and some of the other, less used ships) for much the same reason myself. though it still means that I have the Gigolo-dude capaining Hiryu and the Psychotic Teddy-bear in Tenriu. :Smile_ohmy:

Oh the agony of choice! :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this