You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VITiger5

Matchmaking

11 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,370 battles

This is one of the worst games I have ever played when it comes to matchmaking. Every time im a tier 6 german cruiser I go up against tier 8's. Is it really that hard to cap it so you can only join a fight that is either ONE tier below or above you ??? I think not considering how much work was put in to make this game.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

Too lazy or too "special" to find the already existing threads about the Matchmaker?!

What do you think: Who puts more effort in it? WG developing the game or you developing a certain play skill?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,206 posts
11,015 battles
Vor 37 Minuten, VITiger5 sagte:

This is one of the worst games I have ever played when it comes to matchmaking. Every time im a tier 6 german cruiser I go up against tier 8's. Is it really that hard to cap it so you can only join a fight that is either ONE tier below or above you ??? I think not considering how much work was put in to make this game.

You should play Tier 4 then, it has +-1 Matchmaking ;)

• Cool 2

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
206 posts
4,876 battles

First of all, tier 6 is in a relatively tough spot when it comes to matchmaking, both in the amount of games you get +2 MM and in the quality of the ships on tier 6. So I somewhat understand your frustration.

However, secondly, these games tend to be the ones that teach you the most. Doing well in them also ensures more experience and credits.

There is a lot of changes WG could make to matchmaking, but in my opinion, what you suggested is not needed.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,915 posts
9,129 battles

Tier V, VI and VIII MM are tough spots on the EU server and get uptiered a lot. However WG has stated they won't do away with the +/- 2 MM.

That said, if you simply adjust your playstyle to account for the fact that you're the small fish in the pond, it's not terribly hard to do well even when bottom tiered. The german tier VI cruiser in particular is probably the single least effected ship when bottom tiered due to its good range, ballistics and amazing HE pen. Plus with the general lack of armour it doesn't even matter much if it's a tier VIII or a tier V ship shooting at you, they citadel you all the same.

• Funny 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

If I at any time feel like the WoWs matchmaking is bad, I just boot up WoT and play a couple of battles. Then the WoWs matchmaker and me are best friends again.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles

If you think tier 6 is bad wait till you get tier 8 :Smile_teethhappy:

6s constantly meet 7s who have pretty good time seemingly being top tier almost as often as tier 10s, as 8s are too busy being cannon fodder for those same 10s.

(altho I have to admit, this week my 6s and 7s have met a surprisingly large amount of 8s)

[UNICS]
Players
324 posts
4,515 battles

And i thought that getting a 1v1 CV battle in random queue was weird.

Beta Tester
80 posts
16,433 battles

The biggest issues with the MM is not the +/- 2 its when it matches uneven numbers of DDs and also when the skill of the CVs are not even ie potato vs unicum , and I know we will never get a skill based MM but having an even number of DDs per side should not be that hard given the population that play them.

But IMHO they should remove CV from the game totally and refund all exp and gold/money until they can balance them correctly, again I know this will NEVER happen but I can dream.

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles
41 minutes ago, HMS_Britannia said:

But IMHO they should remove CV from the game totally and refund all exp and gold/money until they can balance them correctly, again I know this will NEVER happen but I can dream.

At least there are theoretical ways to make CVs function like other classes, so they are no longer the deciding factor in so many battles.

I don't think they should be removed, even if the CV rework takes longer than anticipated. 

Until then if I take out my Mutsu and end up in a battle with CVs, I'll just have to be okay with getting insta deleted if my CV is trash.

It just means that my Kii, Alabama and AA-cruisers get more play time.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts

never had such problem , when played t6, diff from ship and your range can freely adjust your style on that mm