You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dufour14

US Cruisers

83 comments in this topic

[RF]
[RF]
Players
17 posts
3,735 battles

So I am launching the debate:

Who wants to join for a chat about upcoming US Cruisers since all relevant stats have been made public??? (Note: go on WoWS DevBlog Facebook page for more informations )

-New T9:  

edited stats 

-New T6, in the second branch: https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/photos/a.1914529002206771.1073741828.1909055039420834/2035073636818973/?type=3&theater

-New T7, continuing: https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/photos/a.1914529002206771.1073741828.1909055039420834/2040791706247166/?type=3&theater

-And another one, maybe premium version??? (disscus down below =) ): https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/photos/a.1914529002206771.1073741828.1909055039420834/2040793692913634/?type=3&theater- Finally Clevland at her place she deserves to be =), no offence WG: 

- Then a new one here at T9, welcome : https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/photos/a.1914529002206771.1073741828.1909055039420834/2040792016247135/?type=3&theater

-And last but not least, T10 ATL version 2.0 =) : 

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Hard to say actually since none of us ordinary mortals haven't had a chance to try any of them.. I'm looking forward to this split but I'm a bit worried too, you know what you have and not what you'll get. Stats can be deceiving

[BYOB]
Players
2,704 posts
9,861 battles

Based on just the stats and the video Notser posted showing how weak the Pensacola will be without the gun upgrade, I must say that the line appears to be severely underpowered.

Compared to its current iteration it appears that the ships have all been nerfed in this way or another or have stats that are clearly inferior to other ships at tier. Released as they are presented in the previews, both lines would become the worst ships at tier starting from T6.

Having said that, I must confess that I am happy that WG is still testing those ships. I have no illusions about what will happen to the ships after they go onto the public test server, as WG will ignore all but the most aggravating bugs and weaknesses of the ships at that stage (as shown in their previous PTS actions ->  Mongqueror *cough*). So as long as the ships stay in the closed test stage, there is hope they will be made better as they appear now.

In the end I try to remain positive, but that's WG we are talking about. Sadly...

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
190 posts
2,527 battles
Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

I will miss the Pensacola. New Orleans need to be replaced, and so do Cleveland, so I welcome the changes.

There are no planned changes to the tier 5 Omaha that any of you know?

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

The new T VII premium Boise is looking rather interesting. Then we will have a Brooklyn Boise and a St.Louis Helena in game. Hopefully we'll get a Oregon City and Fargo class later would be two nice T-VIII premiums

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,190 battles

USS Boise??? That could be the basis for a future premium ARA 9 de Julio, or even the ARA General Belgrano?? If so...

shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_lolikips-d3

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,407 battles

I think they look interesting. :) Buffalo seems nice :) And that comming (premium) T7 too ;) Wonder how the Worcester will be?Not quite upto the Minotaur in reload rate. But HE looks nice :) 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,451 posts
7,791 battles

Should be interesting.

We have long range decently armored RU CLs.

We have short range badly armored RN CLs with smoke.

And now we'll have short range well armored USN CLs.

They share most characteristics with their CA relatives while having shorter range but higher DPM guns.

With the current stats I'm not at all impressed with Boise.

810m turning radius at 30kts max speed... with even shorter range than the other CLs. That's just not going to work.

And what do you get for that hefty price? Radar and better AA. Not worth, at all.

• Cool 1

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,334 battles

Can't wait to get my hands on them! Cruisers are like bread and butter for me, so, this definately is something I've been waiting for.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,016 posts
15,380 battles
4 hours ago, Nechrom said:

With the current stats I'm not at all impressed with Boise.

810m turning radius at 30kts max speed... with even shorter range than the other CLs. That's just not going to work.

And what do you get for that hefty price? Radar and better AA. Not worth, at all.

WG probably trying to justify Boise's radar with worse maneuverability and range. And she only has better mid and short range AA than Helena which has better long range AA. Boise also has somewhat better concealment. But yea, it looks like bad trade. Maybe better trade would be to give Helena 8.5 to 9sec reload while keep Boise with 10sec but give it same maneuverability and range. Also another T7 premium with radar while still not a single T7 silver ship has it.

[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,679 battles

Hope the Boise does not become a 2nd Indianapolis. The radar itself does not make it a good (or even avarage ship). For now it looks like a downgrade towards the silver ship.

Do we even need a 3rd (excluding Flint as no 4 due to ranked requirements) US tier VII cruiser? The other 2 are already either gimmickly or avarage and a 3rd avarage cruiser is not what we need. For captain training it might be convenient to have a light cruiser as premium so you can use the indianapolis for your ca captains and the Boise (Marblehead and maybe Atlanta) for your CL captains...This if the ship is of US nationality.

If WG really wish to release a US cruiser pick one at tier 8 since with the departure of the Kutuzov your cruisers choices are limited to Atago (good) and Prinz Eugen (less good..). So there might be some some room for another premium to be sold. 

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

TBH Boise's stats look extremely strange to me... As if they were stock stats as if on a silver ship, instead of stats on a prem ship... 

I mean 13.8 km range on a T7 cruiser with this concealment and sluggishness is just baaaaaaad... 

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,190 battles

I was just thinking... Why Boise? USS Boise has anything special (for the US) to become a premium ship?

The only thing I can think of it's because it became the ARA 9 de Julio. But even then isn't THAT special like the ARA General Belgrano. And having THREE same ships its a little silly. (Well, we already have three same ships like the Omaha, Marblehead and Murmansk).

The only thing I hope is that they don't make the ARA 9 de Julio the only Argentinean ship, skipping the General Belgrano (which is the one me and every Argentinean really wish for)

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,602 battles

CL line with no smoke at all? Uh oh, that will be a fail line then methinks. They should have some Perth-type smoke, even if just with 2 reloads so they could survive a bit longer and have some means of disengaging from a dangerous situation, otherwise the entire line risks being a total flop (after all CL are supposed to be DD hunters and so first line and to go near caps). :cap_hmm:

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,190 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

CL line with no smoke at all? Uh oh, that will be a fail line then methinks. They should have some Perth-type smoke, even if just with 2 reloads so they could survive a bit longer, otherwise the entire line might be a total flop. :cap_hmm:

No! The last thing we need it's even more smoke!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,976 battles
34 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

TBH Boise's stats look extremely strange to me... As if they were stock stats as if on a silver ship, instead of stats on a prem ship... 

I mean 13.8 km range on a T7 cruiser with this concealment and sluggishness is just baaaaaaad... 

She has more guns of the same Calibre  than the Fiji  and same detection. would have thought the guns range would be the same range. After all yes she has more. But the slower rate of fore of the Boise means she has about the same shells down range over time as the Fiji

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,602 battles
Just now, Sargento_YO said:

No! The last thing we need it's even more smoke!

A non-smoker eh? :cap_old:

smoke.jpg.9586313ac3f6ca3e519c13966d7da0e0.jpg

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles
26 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

She has more guns of the same Calibre  than the Fiji  and same detection. would have thought the guns range would be the same range. After all yes she has more. But the slower rate of fore of the Boise means she has about the same shells down range over time as the Fiji

Yeah, what she also has in those stats are:

- unhistorically slow speed

- huge turning radius

- sluggish rudder

- abysmal range

All stats considered, something smells like fish to me:fish_glass:

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Could be a golden opportunity for WG to introduce radar on silver ships at tier VII, let New Orleans keep it and put it on the Helena as well.  Just to silence the P2W Tier VII radar cry forever. Boise would still be viable just like the Prinz Eugen/Hipper combo. Just buff it close to Helena stats

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,976 battles
56 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

- huge turning radius

- sluggish rudder

- abysmal range

Wargaming tactics.... They learned from the T61..... Post stats of OP ship. Realise its OP. When it comes nerfed in any way. People perceive it as Crap and dont buy it...

With the Boise. Release pre Release mediocre stats. Buff it before launch,.. Ship is perceived as buffed and every one buys her...:Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

Ok time to remove tin foil hat T0by

• Funny 3

Players
1,192 posts
3,451 battles
57 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

- huge turning radius

- sluggish rudder

- abysmal range

...Her fire chance is 12%!

Even with IFHE, we're talking a massive 9% across 15 shells fired at the same time. Belfast's base fire chance is 9% and she has fewer guns.

I think we could be looking at a tech tree full of HE spammers!