Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Darky_Madness

Uss Black OP as [edited]..

35 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts
4,626 battles

Why break DD gameplay by bringing a dd out that you cannot counter whit a other DD ??

are you guys trying to keep you reputation of bringing broken ships in to the game because right now it looks like it.

Baltimore Radar on a DD WTF. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Quality Poster
2,952 posts
7,933 battles

Isn't Black's radar range only 7.5km? Compared to Balti's 9.5km?

That being said: Yes Black is ridicuously strong. According to WG balanced by it's low player numbers.

Greetings

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles
5 minutes ago, Darky_Madness said:

Regardless of my opinion on DDs with radar, this is wrong. IRRC Black has the same radar as Yueyang which is shorter duration and shorter range than cruiser radar.

Edit* The stupid thing about Black is that it can slot both smoke and radar, I agree that she is a stupid ship.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

And so crappy torpedoes that you can not hit anything really. Well you can, but thats only because of our playerbase iq.... MEH

• Funny 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,687 posts
6,353 battles
33 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

That being said: Yes Black is ridicuously strong. According to WG balanced by it's low player numbers.

Black is the most stupid of stupid ships in WoWs.

Balancing by rarity is one of the worst kinds of "balances", because it means absolutely nothing if you meet it. And if you have it, you're always overpowered; no rarity there.

• Cool 5

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

And so crappy torpedoes that you can not hit anything really. Well you can, but thats only because of our playerbase iq.... MEH

pro tip: Don't think of them as Torpedoes. Think of them as Sea Mines, and suddenly they will seem pretty damn good! :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
41 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Black is the most stupid of stupid ships in WoWs.

Balancing by rarity is one of the worst kinds of "balances", because it means absolutely nothing if you meet it. And if you have it, you're always overpowered; no rarity there.

I think Black is a bit overhyped. Stats are useless for balance comparison, unfortunately (after all it takes a decent pllayer with lots of time on their hand to have one - no 45% tomato can hope to sail this) but looking at the specs and the couple times I encountered her? Certainly a very strong ship. But not the monster some people make her out to be. As long as you remember her tricks and don't try to smoke up defensively against her, of course.

Players
1,365 posts
14,165 battles
7 minutes ago, eliastion said:

no 45% tomato can hope to sail this

:Smile_teethhappy: It seems that you don't know about the 1k+ battles per season ranked legends out there.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[L4GG]
Players
1,379 posts
5,529 battles

I eared of it. 

Isn't Black a reward ship?

Black it's op because of the players that have it not because of the ship itself.

How to counter the Black?

Blow him up from the water like every other dd. Some of the ways radar it's not even important.

How to do it it's the real question.

you should ask yourself.

How to counter successfully a player better than you ( I assume that because I assume that you don't have one)

I didn't face a Black yet, but Kidds I already face them once or twice. always with a cruiser two tiers below

Tough as nails but I've got them.

Players
9 posts
4,626 battles
5 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I eared of it. 

Isn't Black a reward ship?

Black it's op because of the players that have it not because of the ship itself.

How to counter the Black?

Blow him up from the water like every other dd. Some of the ways radar it's not even important.

How to do it it's the real question.

you should ask yourself.

How to counter successfully a player better than you ( I assume that because I assume that you don't have one)

I didn't face a Black yet, but Kidds I already face them once or twice. always with a cruiser two tiers below

Tough as nails but I've got them.

if you did not face him.

then do not act like a smartass.

since you have no clue what you are talking about.

and btw the kidd sucks only thing good about the kidd is the AA they can provide.

and clearly you have no clue about tier 8 - 9 & 10 since the highest tier you own is a Tier 7 ship 

Players
1,421 posts
10,081 battles

First this:

1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Isn't Black's radar range only 7.5km? Compared to Balti's 9.5km?

It is a YueYang radar with the same short duration and range.

Second Black is as vulnerable to torpedoes as any other DD.

Third a Z52 with 5,8 km range 2 min hydro plus workable torpedoes and fantastic AP is probably a better boat (and OP as [edited]).

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,379 posts
5,529 battles
35 minutes ago, Darky_Madness said:

if you did not face him.

and btw the kidd sucks only thing good about the kidd is the AA they can provide.

and clearly you have no clue about tier 8 - 9 & 10 since the highest tier you own is a Tier 7 ship 

I'm not acting like one. I'm just being frank.

Same thing goes with the Flint/Atlanta. (another reward ship)

when I see one in the other team I know that I'm for a ride. Same thing goes.

you see, The difference between the kidd and Black it's exactly that.

One it's premium other it's a reward ship.

One you can beat it the other it's much more difficult because even if you focus and be at the top of your game, there's always the chance that wouldn't be sufficient.

Because it's not a ship for the masses it's a reward ship that you only get after you accomplish something. Often I see them with pirate flags on them .

How you earn those flags, again?

Just keep that in mind next time.

about t8 and t9 I have a clue, and always down tiered.

Players
9 posts
4,626 battles
11 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm not acting like one. I'm just being frank.

Same thing goes with the Flint/Atlanta. (another reward ship)

when I see one in the other team I know that I'm for a ride. Same thing goes.

you see, The difference between the kidd and Black it's exactly that.

One it's premium other it's a reward ship.

One you can beat it the other it's much more difficult because even if you focus and be at the top of your game, there's always the chance that wouldn't be sufficient.

Because it's not a ship for the masses it's a reward ship that you only get after you accomplish something. Often I see them with pirate flags on them .

How you ear them?

about t8 and t9 I have a clue, and always down tiered.

You sir are a idiot..

difference between a kidd and black is alot bigger.

then again you have no clue since you do not play higher tiers.

you can earn them by spamming the Ranked battles hard enough..

also like other people typed.  Radar , Smoke , Good concealment,  its alot different then a kidd a kidd

cannot Radar you. and also only has 5 torps a black has more. 

i advice you to respond on stuff you do know about since you a clearly not a high tier player.

https://wows-numbers.com/player/547646549,Butterdoll/

also you have less then a 100 matches in a DD.

[L4GG]
Players
1,379 posts
5,529 battles
19 minutes ago, Darky_Madness said:

You sir are a idiot..

difference between a kidd and black is alot bigger.

then again you have no clue since you do not play higher tiers.

you can earn them by spamming the Ranked battles hard enough..

also like other people typed.  Radar , Smoke , Good concealment,  its alot different then a kidd a kidd

cannot Radar you. and also only has 5 torps a black has more. 

i advice you to respond on stuff you do know about since you a clearly not a high tier player.

https://wows-numbers.com/player/547646549,Butterdoll/

Well you can think what you want.

But by experience I didn't find one reward ship yet that is not being played by a non solid and purple player.

As I said before some of the ways to counter a dd non of those things it's important unless you are overstretched.

But I was not comparing the two in that way.

I was only trying to illustrate   the main difference between a reward ship and a premium ship.

But hey, go for that stuff, Radar, smoke, good concealment it will help. But the Lion's share it is not in that.

Players
9 posts
4,626 battles
15 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Well you can think what you want.

But by experience I didn't find one reward ship yet that is not being played by a non solid and purple player.

As I said before some of the ways to counter a dd non of those things it's important unless you are overstretched.

But I was not comparing the two in that way.

I was only trying to illustrate   the main difference between a reward ship and a premium ship.

But hey, go for that stuff, Radar, smoke, good concealment it will help. But the Lion's share it is not in that.

You have no experience your a low tier player.

whit a personal rating of  657 

less then 80 battles in a dd and NONE at tier 9-10

also your kinda one of the only people that think this ship is not OP everybody else knows its OP because they played against it.

our atleast seen video`s of it.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles

Black is utterly worthless against CVs, so just have your CV kill him.

Oh, wait. :Smile_trollface:

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

Black didnt seem OP to me and my Akizuki last time i met it :Smile_trollface:

(seen it 3x now) 

Players
9 posts
4,626 battles
36 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Black is utterly worthless against CVs, so just have your CV kill him.

Oh, wait. :Smile_trollface:

LoL 

are Cv not almost exticted

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
2 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

:Smile_teethhappy: It seems that you don't know about the 1k+ battles per season ranked legends out there.

I could literally bet that there is no 45% player that has Black. Do prove me wrong and find someone who got Rank 1 four times despite having Random winrate of 45%. :Smile_izmena:

Even if you could, though, that would hardly change the situation - average Black owner is much better than an average player.

2 hours ago, Darky_Madness said:

if you did not face him.

I have faced Blacks, in a DD no less (figures since I mostly play DDs, especially if we're talking high tiers). I also own a couple t10 DDs and at least one of my encounters with Black was a more-or-less 1v1 situation where I've countered her in my Akizuki (t8 known for great artillery but certainly not for good handling for quickly getting out of Radar/Hydro range OR for dodging of incomming fire while radar-spotted).

Am I qualified to act like a smartass and tell you that Black isn't as scary as you think? :Smile-_tongue:

Sure it's a powerful ship but there are other powerful ships in the game. Z-52 (as the absolute top tier) and Lo Yang (as tier-for-tier nightmare) come to mind with their long-range Hydro that not only spots enemy DDs, but also makes them pretty much impervious to smoke torping (they don't have to be able to dodge at moment's notice because they get an early warning - a comfort that Black doesn't share with them). Also, Black's Radar is a very short-duration one - more so compared to how long a hydro runs. It really isn't something you can't play around if you know what to expect. It's just that it's a really good ship played exclusively by at least decent players.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles
6 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I could literally bet that there is no 45% player that has Black. Do prove me wrong and find someone who got Rank 1 four times despite having Random winrate of 45%.

Well, it is possible when you consider getting to rank 1 is a grind and not a measurement of skill (as the latter only affects how quickly you get there). I've seen a couple of Blacks behave in a manner that I would call "stupid as [edited]", no idea whether that was due to overconfidence™ or because they actually didn't know how to play though.

(...I just realized part of that last sentence sounds like a racial slur, so just to be on the safe side here's a disclaimer: With "Blacks" I'm referring to people playing the ship, not people with dark skin color. :Smile_hiding:)

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Well, it is possible when you consider getting to rank 1 is a grind and not a measurement of skill (as the latter only affects how quickly you get there).(...)

It is technically possible. Technically it's also possible to get to R1 by being effectively AFK some 200 times and just getting THAT good teams. But we're talking a really bad player (45%) getting carried enough to reach R1 in more than half the seasons we've had so far. I call BS on that, no matter how much you believe that it's only about grind.

This doesn't mean that badly played Black can't happen, btw. A good player can be tired, drunk or distracted - and make stupid mistakes. I'm over 60% WR solo with all my t10 DDs, I believe myself to play them decently. This hardly stops me from sometimes getting blown out of the water, one way or another, in the opening moves of the match.

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Well, it's a strange beast, but then again you know the enemy has one from the get go. You have to plan ahead accordingly, but so long as you don't yolo into the guy his effect is limited. Yes, you may have to concede a cap, but what else rather than capping and dd hunting is the black good at? In terms of fighting capital ships I'd much rather have a fletcher. Is it strong? Certainly, but with the z-52 and Pan Asian dds around it really has lost its special flavour. 

Finally: It is a team game. If you play well together you can counter anything to death. 

Players
474 posts
9,145 battles

The Chung Mu is probably better than the Black.  66 knot torps compared with 43 knot torps, 0.8s detection compared with 0.9s. The Chung Mu is faster, 38 -> 35, and can carry speed boost too.  The advantages that Black has is 560m turn time compared to 620m and can carry smoke and radar, not smoke or radar. Black works well as a scout or destroyer hunter, but Chung Mu has the power to win games.

Oh and you don't need 5 rank 1 to get it.

Players
474 posts
9,145 battles
10 hours ago, Darky_Madness said:

Why break DD gameplay by bringing a dd out that you cannot counter whit a other DD ??

are you guys trying to keep you reputation of bringing broken ships in to the game because right now it looks like it.

Its a dd hunter.

Sign in to follow this