Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Worcester - broken promise?

49 comments in this topic

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

ST. American cruiser Worcester, tier X.

Hit points – 45400. Plating - 25 mm. Armor belt – 127 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 19%.

Main battery - 6х2 152 mm. Firing range – 14.7 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. Maximum AP shell damage - 3200. Reload time - 4.6 s. 180 degree turn time - 7.2 s. Maximum dispersion - 134 m. HE initial velocity - 812 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 12x2 20 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 73. 2x1 76.2 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 39. 11x2 76.2 мм, range - 5.0 км, damage per second - 307. 6x2 152 mm, range - 6.0 km, damage per second - 76.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 740 m. Rudder shift time – 10.7 s. Surface detectability – 12.4 km. Air detectability – 9.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.0 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Hydroacoustic Search/Surveillance Radar Data

Slot 3 - Defensive AA Fire

Slot 4 - Repair Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Ship is still in testing, but I did adore every consumable as gimmick.
Tho, feel free to dicuss stats.

[TTTX]
Players
1,952 posts
7,009 battles

But where are you getting the title from?

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
Just now, ZombieCheeze said:

But where are you getting the title from?

Its not promised, I had to come up with some crap so you actually read topic. Marketing iq200.  :Smile_trollface:

They just said they were looking into it and thats it.

Now about stats, I will try minotaur without smoke to test if i like it..

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
Spoiler

53 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

ST. American cruiser Worcester, tier X.

Hit points – 45400. Plating - 25 mm. Armor belt – 127 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 19%.

Main battery - 6х2 152 mm. Firing range – 14.7 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. Maximum AP shell damage - 3200. Reload time - 4.6 s. 180 degree turn time - 7.2 s. Maximum dispersion - 134 m. HE initial velocity - 812 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

AA defense - 12x2 20 mm, range - 2.0 km, damage per second - 73. 2x1 76.2 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 39. 11x2 76.2 мм, range - 5.0 км, damage per second - 307. 6x2 152 mm, range - 6.0 km, damage per second - 76.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 740 m. Rudder shift time – 10.7 s. Surface detectability – 12.4 km. Air detectability – 9.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.0 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Hydroacoustic Search/Surveillance Radar Data

Slot 3 - Defensive AA Fire

Slot 4 - Repair Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Ship is still in testing, but I did adore every consumable as gimmick.
Tho, feel free to dicuss stats.

No, thanks i have Atlanta&Flint@T7 dont need unsuccessful fake@TX

What is that?
some nerfed version of Atlanta or what......
That ship looks more like a fail placed in TX

aaaand Radartaor is very fun to play ship

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

So, I take it WG has doubled back on their idea of giving the tier IX and X seperate consumable slots for hydro, radar and DFAA each.

Range seems a tad anemic for tier X, even the Minotaur has nearly 1km better range nevermind the smoke to fall back to. Ruddershift also not looking too great for a CL with such short range, considering that evasion tanking is going to be the name of the game (even sitting behind islands and lobbing shells over them isn't going to help much with the huge high tier maps with only 14,7km range).

Unless they also get a black magic heal like the hightier RN CLs, I don't see how those stats would make it through to the final ship.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,026 battles

In terms of consumables, i think one of the slots should share DAA with Radar and another Hydro with DC to provide a variety of choices, support or personal safety or little of both.

Tho, knowing todays player base they would like to have it all and still complain that the ship is crap afterwards.

Players
471 posts
2,462 battles

Considering how large these ships was and the fact that WG assign health by tonnage, then 45400 hit points seems a little low

• Cool 2

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
23 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

So, I take it WG has doubled back on their idea of giving the tier IX and X seperate consumable slots for hydro, radar and DFAA each.

Range seems a tad anemic for tier X, even the Minotaur has nearly 1km better range nevermind the smoke to fall back to. Ruddershift also not looking too great for a CL with such short range, considering that evasion tanking is going to be the name of the game (even sitting behind islands and lobbing shells over them isn't going to help much with the huge high tier maps with only 14,7km range).

Unless they also get a black magic heal like the hightier RN CLs, I don't see how those stats would make it through to the final ship.

with 9.5km DR and if she get nerfed radar GG

speed must be 34knots or what will happen when you press AorD

rudder shift should be no more than 6sec (with sgm1)

range no less than 15.2Km

reload no more than 4s

fire chance can be reduced with 2%

pff WG at least give her some 4-5km torps. for self def.

that shitp should be with insane softstats to be something like playable

Players
2,831 posts
19,599 battles
35 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

and its slow....

....if ist shares the bad acceleration of ships like the atlanta...

....it will be a pure joy to play.

(for every one shooting at it:Smile_trollface:)

• Funny 1

Players
4,503 posts
7,604 battles

The 6 x 2 gun config could be pretty painful as well, especially as only 2 of them are superfiring.  Lots of broadside needed to get all the guns in action in a sluggish ship with not particularly good range or ballistics, that sounds like fun (not).

Players
2,191 posts
17,598 battles

I am surprised that nobody considered this ship as OP like i do :Smile_sceptic:

Its a [edited]HE Mino and there was a reason why Mino did not get HE.....the AA is brutal as [edited] ( 8.6k long range, 7.2km mid range and full AA up to 740 dmg /s with out def AA ( only mid AA )plus radar and Heal.....

Ok, i will play it in divisions only so my point of view is probably little bit different from the usual player but.....sorry that ship looks just OP in my eyes.

LG

Justice

Players
906 posts
10,058 battles

Well if the US wants another terrible ship that will make pepsi look OP then go for it. 

It's basically a Neptune with Baltimore-ish armour, no smoke and no torpedoes. The gun turrets were a failure so ROF is about 5 seconds per gun. 

• Funny 2

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

Having just finished the Mogami, and so smokeless/short-ranged T10 (as far as average MM is concerned) CL experience fresh in mind, there's nothing inherently unplayable or weak looking there. The range looks a little on the low side at first glance, but as a T10 cruiser it will have access to the range upgrade which will push its range out to 17km. For 152s that seems adequate as you probably won't be hitting much beyond that range anyway. Looks like a challenging but rewarding DPM monster, although there's still a lot we don't know.

• Cool 1

Players
2,191 posts
17,598 battles
4 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Having just finished the Mogami, and so smokeless/short-ranged T10 (as far as average MM is concerned) CL experience fresh in mind, there's nothing inherently unplayable or weak looking there. The range looks a little on the low side at first glance, but as a T10 cruiser it will have access to the range upgrade which will push its range out to 17km. For 152s that seems adequate as you probably won't be hitting much beyond that range anyway. Looks like a challenging but rewarding DPM monster, although there's still a lot we don't know.

Imagine this ship in your broadside 8-10km away behind an island or inside of a smokescreen :Smile_ohmy:

LG

Justice

Players
2,240 posts
8,431 battles
52 minutos antes, Capra76 dijo:

Lots of broadside needed to get all the guns in action

Not really, apart from the excellent turret traverse, the firing angles of the guns are not bad either: 34º on the front, roughly the same angle the Cleveland has

worcester_firing_angles.png?width=284&height=473

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
19 minutes ago, absolute_justice said:

Imagine this ship in your broadside 8-10km away behind an island or inside of a smokescreen :Smile_ohmy:

LG

Justice

But it doesn't have smoke.
You know who does have smoke? Minotaur does. And she has torpedoes.

Now imagine Minotaur in your broadside 8 km away from you inside of a smokescreen sending torps your way.

And now imagine Minotaur without a smoke.

Yes, I know you can division with someone, and that someone can give you smoke, yadayadayada, but eh... These are only preliminary stats, so I'll wait a bit more for my final verdict, but in this state, it really seems meh.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
10,087 posts
11,852 battles
30 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

If I want to play "challenging but rewarding DPM monster" I have Minotaur already, with more damage output, healthy dose of decent torpedoes, range, stealth, smoke and lolheal advantage.

• Cool 2

Players
2,191 posts
17,598 battles
2 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

But it doesn't have smoke.
You know who does have smoke? Minotaur does. And she has torpedoes.

Now imagine Minotaur in your broadside 8 km away from you inside of a smokescreen sending torps your way.

And now imagine Minotaur without a smoke.

Yes, I know you can division with someone, and that someone can give you smoke, yadayadayada, but eh... These are only preliminary stats, so I'll wait a bit more for my final verdict, but in this state, it really seems meh.

Well i would never play this game with out a division so it does not matter if it has smoke or not :D

LG

Justice

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,656 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Not that it matters with the arcs and being weak agist angled targets for mino.. US CL will be total DD anilators without the fallback of a smokescreen. Not realy a fan of the oh im spoted now radar and your dead design. Tschpa at least has low duration and somewhat low rof.......see a DD hard conter inc that in turn gets wrecked by BBs but icreadible BS Troll div material with a US or Panasia DD....

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles
36 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

but as a T10 cruiser it will have access to the range upgrade which will push its range out to 17km.

Was wondering if everyone forgot this. I think she'll play nicely with the range mod.

Des Moines also have a quite short range (1km more IIRC) but she works ok from what I've seen. 

IMO she sounds like a fun ship but I'll reserve my judgment till I see the final version.

Players
10,087 posts
11,852 battles
Just now, CleverViking said:

Was wondering if everyone forgot this. Des Moines also have a quite short range (1km more IIRC) but she works ok from what I've seen. 

IMO she sounds like a fun ship but I'll reserve my judgment till I see the final version.

Des Moines and Minotaur both have 15.8km range. Latter can work with such range just fine with smoke and best in class concealment, former needs a lot plenty of island cover. And Worcester have 1km less range, and that difference might be crucial in hightier, rather open maps. Having Zao level of concealment (9.6km IIRC) is nice, but not as nice as Minotaurs 8.9km

Basically she is all around gimped Minotaur, "but haz access to small caliber HE". And if one wants to keep AA firepower on par with DM and Minotaur, then all three T4 skills (AFT, CE, IFHE) are needed, so you drop out Demo or SI. If I want HE slinging AA powerhouse, Des Moines is basically better, while Mino covers "maximum dakka" department. So where exactly Worcester fits?

Players
906 posts
10,058 battles
35 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Basically she is all around gimped Minotaur, "but haz access to small caliber HE". And if one wants to keep AA firepower on par with DM and Minotaur, then all three T4 skills (AFT, CE, IFHE) are needed, so you drop out Demo or SI. If I want HE slinging AA powerhouse, Des Moines is basically better, while Mino covers "maximum dakka" department. So where exactly Worcester fits?

There is a reason that the US only built two and scraped them a few years later. They were terrible. It will need "paper Russian cruiser" levels of stat padding to be other than terrible in WOWs.

Players
10,087 posts
11,852 battles
1 minute ago, That_Other_Nid said:

There is a reason that the US only built two and scraped them a few years later. They were terrible. It will need "paper Russian cruiser" levels of stat padding to be other than terrible in WOWs.

I have rough feeling triple turrets, proposed as upgrade for Worcester class could do the trick. That would give unique 18 gun broadside with 5s reload, which should give her "ultimate" CL gunpower, but in return she doesn't have Minotaurs getaway cards - camo, smoke, torps and lolheal.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this