You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Under the radar features

16 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

I like the feature to see the players and clans before the battle, but only after the battle you see what league the clan players belong to. Good feature that sometimes explains why teams are stomped. Takes away the negative effect of XVM, but gives some nice information of the battle. Maybe after battle reports could be expanded upon? Maybe even consider replays of best play of the game or such. I think some Blizzard game have such a feature.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
Just now, principat121 said:

and btw: this is the Gameplay Complaint section and not the offtopic.

:Smile_sad: sorry to disappoint.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,828 posts
8,906 battles

Your post lacks any relevant content! So, you are complaining? Nice to know, because your pointless opening post failed to make that point clear.

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Your post lacks any relevant content! So, you are complaining? Nice to know, because your pointless opening post failed to make that point clear.

I'm the complainer here? Just tried to make a topic about good features. Too many negative nancies around. Maybe there is a lack of content.. If so, mods a free to close. Sorry to have bothered you by making a topic not up to your standards principat.

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

I like the feature to see the players and clans before the battle, but only after the battle you see what league the clan players belong to. Good feature that sometimes explains why teams are stomped. Takes away the negative effect of XVM, but gives some nice information of the battle. Maybe after battle reports could be expanded upon? Maybe even consider replays of best play of the game or such. I think some Blizzard game have such a feature.

I don't understand. You think you'll avoid the negative effects of XVM by giving essentially the same information to everyone by default? Otherwise what's the value of this change? Instead of players crying because the other team have better stats, they'll be crying about who's in the better league.

As for best play of the game, that's a thing in Overwatch but I don't see how you'd apply it in Warships. This isn't an out-and-out shooter where whoever does the most damage or has the best kill streak can be considered the player who's contributed most to a victory. You're giving no credit for spotting, capping, closing a flank and forcing the enemy into other positions, etc. and there'd be too many players who'd rather chase those man of the match awards than focus on playing for the team. It's bad enough as things stand, never mind if there were awards for sitting on the edge of the map damage farming.

I prefer it as it is. Yes, the other team might have considerably better players than mine but I struggle to think of any circumstance where knowing that from the start would benefit my game.

[BLITZ]
Players
325 posts
10,131 battles
11 minutes ago, Strappster said:

I don't understand. You think you'll avoid the negative effects of XVM by giving essentially the same information to everyone by default? Otherwise what's the value of this change? Instead of players crying because the other team have better stats, they'll be crying about who's in the better league.

What he said is that he likes the feature which is already in the game.  He didn't demand for anything else on that part?

Namely that you see in which league the clans are only after the battle and not before.

As for the "best" player I think the game already awards that. Its the guy at the top of the XP leaderboard, simple as that.

Getting his replay automatically so  you can see what he did to get that much XP seems  a pretty good idea to me.

Having more statistics and information in general can never be a bad Idea imho.

Expanding on the after Battle report would be certainly welcome by me.

I would find it very interesting to see what kind of strategy the winning team used as for where most of the players where fighting

on the map and for which caps. 

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,362 battles
3 minutes ago, Desteban said:

What he said is that he likes the feature which is already in the game.  He didn't demand for anything else on that part?

Namely that you see in which league the clans are only after the battle and not before.

You're right, I didn't read it properly. Sorry, OP. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, Desteban said:

As for the "best" player I think the game already awards that. Its the guy at the top of the XP leaderboard, simple as that.

Getting his replay automatically so  you can see what he did to get that much XP seems  a pretty good idea to me.

Having more statistics and information in general can never be a bad Idea imho.

Expanding on the after Battle report would be certainly welcome by me.

I would find it very interesting to see what kind of strategy the winning team used as for where most of the players where fighting

on the map and for which caps. 

Yes, thank you.

Maybe I need to look at my writings.. too much info in not enough words or what?

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Dunno about you all, I immediately got what OP's talking about :Smile_teethhappy:

Dunno, there rarely is some "this moment is some super-play that carries this game", it's more about sum of small events like preventing enemy spotting / torps / caps, eliminating things like radars, securing caps for allies. Any one thing is good, but usually it takes a whole bunch of them put together.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Dunno, there rarely is some "this moment is some super-play that carries this game", it's more about sum of small events like preventing enemy spotting / torps / caps, eliminating things like radars, securing caps for allies. Any one thing is good, but usually it takes a whole bunch of them put together.

True, but the end of the game could be improved, and seeing some replay of the best player/best play could be nice. Could also give some extra time to compliment good efforts by teammates.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

I've got another cool thing not given enough recognition - the horns on the ships. The shchors and the akizuki horns sound particularly nice. I like the feature :Smile_bajan2:

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,989 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 11:21 AM, Hedgehog1963 said:

I wish we had XVM in WoWS.

giphy.gif

[OCTO]
Players
1,201 posts
26,904 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, Hedgehog1963 said:

I wish we had XVM in WoWS.

But you do. Download Aslain pack and voila!

I used it, but it got too depressing :cap_haloween:

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,065 posts
10,893 battles
13 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

giphy.gif

So I can choose the people I sail with well.  Of course downside thay might flank speed away from me..