Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

ST - Tears of the Desert

8 comments in this topic

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

eh9B1iW.png

I'm a little confused about that "description" - what difficulties for the team spawning there? Borderhumping? Sitting in the corner? Or is there some bug I'm not aware of? :Smile_teethhappy:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,758 posts
12,098 battles
54 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

eh9B1iW.png

I'm a little confused about that "description" - what difficulties for the team spawning there? Borderhumping? Sitting in the corner? Or is there some bug I'm not aware of? :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, it obviously obstructed the intended by WG BB play for the NE spawn :Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Borderhumping? Sitting in the corner?

This!

How dare you to prohibit a Yamato bordersurfing and using range module + plane to shoot the enemy spawn while staying away from the caps as far as possible! :Smile_smile::fish_viking:

Also: Dont you know Asashio is being tested?  There you go, you have to stay farther from any cap than the max range of those torpedoes! - Something stupid for the stupid, so this is exactly whats probably going to happen with this rotten playerbase/devs.  :Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

Players
182 posts
3,092 battles

I think they misunderstood what people have tried to tell them, instead of blocking the corners to force people to actually fight they removed it so border humpers have more room :Smile-_tongue:

Edit: but in all honesty the new island lay out is million times better than the first version even though this current change I don't have any idea behind it

Edited by Naesil

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
10 minutes ago, Naesil said:

I think they misunderstood what people have tried to tell them, instead of blocking the corners to force people to actually fight they removed it so border humpers have more room :Smile-_tongue:

Edit: but in all honesty the new island lay out is million times better than the first version even though this current change I don't have any idea behind it

I've heard it's better for cruisers yeah. For BBs... It used to  be "fighting around corners" where you could use islands to your benefit, effectively angle and hide, close in, fighting at close to mid ranges. Now? just 3 corridors where you basically are expected to sit back and snipe at max range, if you move closer you just get focused down and die. Still works if you play in a division, but solo... that map's just terrible

[TOXIC]
Players
4,758 posts
12,098 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I've heard it's better for cruisers yeah. For BBs... It used to  be "fighting around corners" where you could use islands to your benefit, effectively angle and hide, close in, fighting at close to mid ranges. Now? just 3 corridors where you basically are expected to sit back and snipe at max range, if you move closer you just get focused down and die. Still works if you play in a division, but solo... that map's just terrible

Well, it's certainly not worse than the old TotD at the very least.

Players
182 posts
3,092 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh yes and probably will never be a good map, like neither will "Ocean" or "Mountain range".. "Okinawa" can be fun at times but still the map design is pretty bad.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
176 posts
16,339 battles

First of all TotD became a Great map, one of the best kudoz WG (fault line next?)

Well I really hate border humping since it was a valid, no necessary tactic in 0.3.X in cv gameplay! (As aeroon explains and demostrate in link)

And to be honest it's is STILL(plz fix) a valid tactic in competitive and vs CV strikes (please fix). So in order to make this map more Clan war balanced it is a good (temp?) fix. 

WG (@Crysantos) can you please punish (auto-pilot!!! fire? Busmark secondaries?) boarder humping! Even a KotS final was decided by border sliding! 

Sign in to follow this