You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MistahG

Bring back arp to wows

Bring back arp to wows  

209 members have voted

1. 2. we want arp ships to return to wows

• yes
    • no

56 comments in this topic

[SLAV]
Beta Tester
3 posts
1,579 battles

I sadly missed all the arp events and i am a huge fan of the arp desighn i wuld realy love for arp to return to wows so i made this poll to se how many people want it back.And maybe with this poll  we could convince wg to bring them back 

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[SINC]
Players
98 posts
8,592 battles

No, please don't, the game has enough "turn offs" as it is. Even though you can hide the ARP crap, it's presence in the game makes me question why I'm playing this game. There are other places online where one can watch cartoons, stop spoiling an arcade boat game with this irrelevant crap.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 11
  • Bad 6

[S-L-C]
Beta Tester
205 posts
1,406 battles

I'd really like that as well since I wasn't playing much that period and missed quite a lot of the ARP ships.

Unfortunately though, WG's collaboration with Arpeggio has ended quite a while back, so I wouldn't be too hopeful.

[NWP]
Players
2,810 posts
16,926 battles

It's a money issues, WG had a deal with the franchise for a limited time.

If they want to bring them again it'll require a new deal.

6,234 posts
10,691 battles

Won't happen. This was a limited deal with the producers of ARP and since WG since the ARP collabo ended joined together with HSF, there's no possible way the contracts allows a second, seperate collabo.

In short: As long as HSF is a thing, ARP won't come back.

Greetings

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

I'd certainly like a Takao or a Nachi in my port, I didn't bother with it first time around (I have the Hiei only). If they ran it, I would go for it, but suspect that Allied_Winter has it correct.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

It won't happen because of licensing, but even as a non-ARP fan (or anything anime for that matter), a re-run with reasonable requirements (open for all players) for the EU-server would be more than welcome.

From my archives:

K2aW5oX.png

Or should I dare to mention... ARP NACHI?!?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,753 posts
12,048 battles
1 hour ago, K0D87 said:

No, please don't, the game has enough "turn offs" as it is. Even though you can hide the ARP crap, it's presence in the game makes me question why I'm playing this game. There are other places online where one can watch cartoons, stop spoiling an arcade boat game with this irrelevant crap.

Oh wow.

How insecure can you be that knowing that something exists hurts you so even if you yourself can just disable it if it's not your piece of cake? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles
20 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

It won't happen because of licensing, but even as a non-ARP fan (or anything anime for that matter), a re-run with reasonable requirements (open for all players) for the EU-server would be more than welcome.

From my archives:

K2aW5oX.png

18 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Please post Nachi, just for the good bad memories.

Greetings

Consider me officially triggered.

ARP Nachi has cost WG over £400 of lost revenue from me - and counting.  Still angry about it.  :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,252 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, MrFingers sagte:

From my archives:

K2aW5oX.png

but on the other hand: people are complaining about other players that have reached only low tier silver ships, but drive around with high tier premiums, without knowledge on how to play on high tier. In this sense the EU mission was better because you could not get the free Tier 8 ship without having reached a high tier silver ship ...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,099 posts
11,146 battles
22 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

I remember full well grinding RU CLs during that mission.
The only moment ever I saw my priority target counter hit 12 !

And I'm certain it could have been higher if it took into consideration friendlies aiming at me, asking themselves if teamkills still count :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[HOO]
3,242 posts
44 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Greetings

But then the gentlemen in the white coats will come to visit with a large syringe filled to the brim with a sedative cocktail... And a straitjacket that suits my padded room... WG-EU has done a stellar job in hiding their missions from "back then", and I can't be bothered (enough) to look them up... EDIT: I did find them deeply hidden on a reddit-post, these are from the ARP-catchup, the final chance to get the ships.

ARP Kongo

NA: Earn 8k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Do 1M damage in PvP mode only, T5+ ships, Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Hiei

NA: Earn 8k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Score 2000 main battery hits in PvP mode only, T5+ ships. Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Haruna

NA: Earn 12k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Damage 100 modules (not AA) in PvP-mode only, T7+ ships. Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Kirishima

NA: Earn 12k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Hit 200 torpedoes in PvP mode only, T6+ ships. Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Myoko

NA: Earn 20k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Score 500 secondary hits in PvP mode only, T7+ ships. Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Haguro

NA: Earn 20k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Win 25 battles in PvP mode only, T6+ ships. Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Nachi

NA: Earn 30k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Sink 20 Russian, 20 German, 20 American & 20 Japanese ships in PvP-only mode, T8-10.

ARP Ashigara

NA: Earn 30k BXP in T6+ ships in 30 days. Includes slot + 10pt commander.

EU: Do 2M damage in PvP-only mode, T8+ ships. Includes slot + 6pt commander

ARP Takao

NA: Complete all NA missions, get a flag as well: Includes slot + 10pt commander

EU: Win 50 battles in PvP-only mode, T9+. Includes slot + 10pt commander

NA-only mission:

Earn 40k BXP in T6+ ships, get 10pt Bear, Iona & Gunzo commanders

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles

Ah the Nachi missions, during times when Russian cruisers weren't so popular either. I still remember how I finished the mission; Warrior's Path, me in Yama and enemy had a division of two Chapas. Emphasis on had :Smile_trollface:

While I haven't played my Nachi I use her voiceover, it's so calm and soothing.

[HOO]
3,242 posts
25 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but on the other hand: people are complaining about other players that have reached only low tier silver ships, but drive around with high tier premiums, without knowledge on how to play on high tier. In this sense the EU mission was better because you could not get the free Tier 8 ship without having reached a high tier silver ship ...

I agree about that "low tier mission for high tier ship" thing... But could easily be remedied by having an XP-mission for the appropriate tier. Earn 40k BXP, T8+ for instance.

666 posts
5,452 battles

Slight problem with the poll though; those voting in favour (yes) are splitting the vote between 'yes' and 'bring Yamato too' :cap_hmm:

Spoiler
Image result for arpeggio of blue steel wallpaper
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Related image
Spoiler
Related image

Just leaving these here in case some people were on-the-fence about this choice :3

Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
46 posts
3,950 battles

Better make so we can sell that ARP shi*s, wtf is this ww2 game or cartoon manga sh**

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

From my archives:

K2aW5oX.png

To be fair with WG-EU. they lowered the requirements to tier 8+ ships after the shitstorm hit the forums.

ARP Nachi mission though... They refused to change it and now Nachi is quite a rare bird in the EU server.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Well Nachi was 4 sale a while ago but who would buy it, ok for collective purposes i can kinda understand other than that, the only good thing the ARP ships have going is being a quasi premium (minus the cammo bonuses)  so you can go flip captains through them for the first win of the day. 

(especially when wg makes it a 200% weekend) :Smile_Default:

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles
8 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Well Nachi was 4 sale a while ago but who would buy it, ok for collective purposes i can kinda understand other than that, the only good thing the ARP ships have going is being a quasi premium (minus the cammo bonuses)  so you can go flip captains through them for the first win of the day. 

(especially when wg makes it a 200% weekend) :Smile_Default:

I don't think that was Nachi the dragon ship you mean ARP was closed after dec 2016.

Glad I got it even though I hardly used it.

Nachi1e.png

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
5 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

I don't think that was Nachi the dragon ship you mean ARP was closed after dec 2016.

Yeah you'r right, it was the dragon variant, soo many Myoko's lol i mixed them up :Smile_smile:

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles
8 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Yeah you'r right, it was the dragon variant, soo many Myoko's lol i mixed them up :Smile_smile:

Understandable that is why I keep the right girl on the right ship so I can tell them apart the brunett the green-head the hothead the red head... nah just kidding.

• Funny 1

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles
44 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

the only good thing the ARP ships have going is being a quasi premium (minus the cammo bonuses)  so you can go flip captains through them for the first win of the day. 

And here I've had the ships for ages and didn't know this. :fish_palm:

In my defense, IJN cruisers were the first line I grinded and I ended up getting a bit burned out on them so I haven't really used the ARPs much (except for Takao and I used her respective captain on that bote).

Anyway, like @Allied_Winter said, it's unlikely we'll ever have the ARP event again.

That being said, I wouldn't say I'm massively opposed to a rerun of the ARP event but it'd be kinda meh for those of us who played while it was on and got most of the ships.

In my opinion, if WG is going to use resources and put in efforts on events I'd rather they'd be historical events like the Bismarck one (though hopefully without saturating the server with high-tier, easy to play ships :Smile-_tongue:) rather than anime and movie tie-ins. 

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

3 hours ago, MistahG said:

I sadly missed all the arp events and i am a huge fan of the arp desighn i wuld realy love for arp to return to wows so i made this poll to se how many people want it back.And maybe with this poll  we could convince wg to bring them back 

Jeah and the most important thing is we are still missing on Maya! :Smile_izmena:

2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

From my archives:

K2aW5oX.png

Why am I not surprised YOU of all Forumities still have this? :Smile_teethhappy:

2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Greetings

Proud Nachi owner here! Best Arp gurl! even if only for the soothing voiceover i use regularly.

a3afa6aa-6e82-11e6-a0c7-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

:Smile_honoring:

1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

I remember full well grinding RU CLs during that mission.
The only moment ever I saw my priority target counter hit 12 !

And I'm certain it could have been higher if it took into consideration friendlies aiming at me, asking themselves if teamkills still count :Smile_teethhappy:

Jeah good old times. Playing RU CA out of consoulation/pity was really fun these times.

1 hour ago, WolfGewehr said:

While I haven't played my Nachi I use her voiceover, it's so calm and soothing.

I know right? :Smile_medal:

1 hour ago, gekkehenkie50 said:

Slight problem with the poll though; those voting in favour (yes) are splitting the vote between 'yes' and 'bring Yamato too' :cap_hmm:

Yes. it should be "bring Maya too!" :Smile_izmena: