Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Redfoxrommy

are these normal or not ?

13 comments in this topic

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

idk what he is referring to... menu on strange language, 5 bb per team, or that he is bottom tier... or nothing from that...

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

The MM is pretty normal, the class spread is aswell, few nights ago i went with the clan buddys ina division one was a Agile i was in the Kami, gotten into a t8 BB heavy match... would have been a dream game if there wasnt a 5v5 DD lineup :Smile_Default:

Edit: i gotta try more Kami in T8 matches, that ship is a well known sealclubber, all the better when you have verry fat seals to club :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

First is an example of what is known as a Fail Division.

In the first picture the T7 Mahan and Nelson are divisioned with a T8 Richelieu - The matchmaker works off the HIGHEST TIER ship in a division which is T8 and the T8 is bottom tier in the match, dragging the 2 T7's along.

Second picture normal MM, nothing unusual about it.

Perfectly normal matchmaking and an example of people not understanding how the Matchmaker treats divisions.

Apart from the Fail Division the MM's look perfectly average.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
14 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Both are examples of what are known as Fail Divisions.

In the first picture the T7 Mahan and Nelson are divisioned with a T8 Richelieu - The matchmaker works off the HIGHEST TIER ship in a division which is T8 and the T8 is bottom tier in the match, dragging the 2 T7's along.

Second picture is another case T6 Normandie with T5 Queen Elizabeth in a T8 max game.

Perfectly normal matchmaking and an example of people not understanding how the Matchmaker treats divisions.

Apart from the Fail Divisions the MM's look perfectly average.

AFAIK the Queen Elizabeth is - just like her sister ship Warspite - Tier 6. The screenshot supports that. No fail division there. :Smile_hiding:

Tier 5 would be the Iron Duke, don't you think?

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

AFAIK the Queen Elizabeth is - just like her sister ship Warspite - Tier 6. The screenshot supports that. No fail division there. :Smile_hiding:

Tier 5 would be the Iron Duke, don't you think?

You're absolutely correct, d'oh! moment, will edit the post you quoted, thanks. There's nothing at all unusual about the second picture normal MM.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,020 posts
6,837 battles

Regarding being bottom tier so much - Someone either here or on Reddit posted a chart of over 900 T5-10 games showing that T5-6 and T8 are the most common tiers to be "bottom" tier of a game. IIRC T5 spent over 50% of their matches in T7 games, T6 was around 40% in T8 matches and T8 was also around 40% in T10 matches.

So if you want a higher chance of playing as the top tier then play T7 (where all the best Premium ships per tier are sold - wow what a shock) and T9-10.

• Cool 1

Players
4,505 posts
7,604 battles
10 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

So if you want a higher chance of playing as the top tier then play T7 (where all the best Premium ships per tier are sold - wow what a shock) and T9-10.

I'm not sure if the stats support this, but I also find that BB get a lot better MM than other classes and it feels like they're top tier most of the time.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,020 posts
6,837 battles
12 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I'm not sure if the stats support this, but I also find that BB get a lot better MM than other classes and it feels like they're top tier most of the time.

I'll try and find that post I mentioned. He took the data from MxStats of his own games and made it into a bar chart. I mean he could be lying and making it all up TBH but it kind of matches the general feeling that T7 is a good tier to be in, especially as, like you mentioned, it seems to rate BB tiers more importantly than other ship types.

Players
4,505 posts
7,604 battles
52 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I'll try and find that post I mentioned. He took the data from MxStats of his own games and made it into a bar chart. I mean he could be lying and making it all up TBH but it kind of matches the general feeling that T7 is a good tier to be in, especially as, like you mentioned, it seems to rate BB tiers more importantly than other ship types.

It's not statistically significant, but of my last 19 Queen Elizabeth games, 10 were T6, 6 T7 and only 3 T8.

I think the thing is that because of the BB overpopulation at T8+ there just isn't room in MM to absorb large numbers of lower tier BB into higher tier matches.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,020 posts
6,837 battles

IIRC the 900 odd games were only split by tier and not ship class so he may be been heavily down tiered in say T5 Cruisers but not so much in T5 BB's - sadly the search function on here is a bit rubbish and I can't find the image on reddit yet.

Sign in to follow this