You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FredKarno

Incorrectly named Super Containers.

14 comments in this topic

[-YOLO]
Beta Tester
77 posts
12,860 battles

Should 100 India X-Ray flags be described as a Super Container? Might a more fitting description be a Just Above Average one, or a Likely to Disappoint one, or perhaps a Troll one?

Mr Disappointed.

• Funny 10

[S-L-C]
Beta Tester
205 posts
1,406 battles

So how should we name the Spotter Plane mod Super Container? "U Mad Bro?" ?

India X-ray is still pretty useful. Yes, its no premium ship or doubloons but would you prefer the Ram flags or a crappy module instead?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,619 posts
20,473 battles
13 minutes ago, FredKarno said:

Should 100 India X-Ray flags be described as a Super Container? Might a more fitting description be a Just Above Average one, or a Likely to Disappoint one, or perhaps a Troll one?

Mr Disappointed.

Flag/Camo SCs and similar should be made into a separate type of container. A blue supply container for example.

This would tone down the expectations of people who see the golden dice and the big container only to get 100 signals or 50 skins. People seeing the container would know from the get go they are getting consumables and not a premium ship.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, Turin7 said:

India X-ray is still pretty useful. Yes, its no premium ship or doubloons but would you prefer the Ram flags or a crappy module instead?

Considering how easy it is to farm Arsonists to get the India X-Ray signal flags and how hard it is to farm Die Hards I'd very much prefer the ramming signal flags. They're also surprisingly useful in clan wars, so having a stash of those is actually pretty handy.

Players
2,831 posts
19,650 battles
5 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

spotter mod is not useless if youre interested in ranked or CW

[S-L-C]
Beta Tester
205 posts
1,406 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Considering how easy it is to farm Arsonists to get the India X-Ray signal flags and how hard it is to farm Die Hards I'd very much prefer the ramming signal flags. They're also surprisingly useful in clan wars, so having a stash of those is actually pretty handy.

Eh, fair enough. Replace the ramming signals with reduced flood duration. Just pointing out that you can always do worse.

[-YOLO]
Beta Tester
77 posts
12,860 battles
31 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I would have been equally disappointed with the Hotel-Yankee ramming signal, I don't play Clan Wars. I have only around 50 ram-kills out of 7000+ games in Randoms but reading your remarks might lead me to equip them more in Randoms. I only use India X-Ray (increased fire chance and increased risk of detonation) if coupled with the too rare Juliet Charlie (reduced risk of detonation).  

I would have been slightly less disappointed, verging on almost a little bit content with 100 Juliet Charlie.

Players
606 posts
17 hours ago, FredKarno said:

I only use India X-Ray (increased fire chance and increased risk of detonation) if coupled with the too rare Juliet Charlie (reduced risk of detonation).

Just keep mounting India X-Ray flags when you run out of Juliet Charlie. You'll soon pick up some more :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
17 hours ago, FredKarno said:

I would have been slightly less disappointed, verging on almost a little bit content with 100 Juliet Charlie.

Are you mad bro?

That one is the topprice of the regular (non ship or premiumtime/camo/signals) SCs!

I (as DD main with lots of spare premium camos) would even take those 100 Juliet-Charlie over 50 premiumcamos or 25-50 premiumsignals (save the yellow dragon ones) any day.

I cried the day they reduced the drop of regular signals like Juliet-Charlie from 250 to 100 without me ever getting a 250 one. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,020 posts
6,837 battles

Got 2 super containers within a few days (YES!!!) opened the first - 14 days premium (looks at my 400+day premium account) - Ah..................Oh well lets open the 2nd container - 7 more days Premium - AH F*********!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be an idea to split SC's into a few branches like "Ship SC" and "Other SC" or similar because the "WOW!!! a SC" enjoyment is being massively knocked out of them for me when stuff like that happens, or you get a Spotter Module etc. Sc's should be, by their very name something Super, like a ship etc rather than Meh things like 100 flags or a Meh Module.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
141 posts
4,736 battles
22 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Got 2 super containers within a few days (YES!!!) opened the first - 14 days premium (looks at my 400+day premium account) - Ah..................Oh well lets open the 2nd container - 7 more days Premium - AH F*********!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be an idea to split SC's into a few branches like "Ship SC" and "Other SC" or similar because the "WOW!!! a SC" enjoyment is being massively knocked out of them for me when stuff like that happens, or you get a Spotter Module etc. Sc's should be, by their very name something Super, like a ship etc rather than Meh things like 100 flags or a Meh Module.

2 in a few days??? Nah....that's a myth, like seeing unicorns and such... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,104 posts
11,146 battles

People are complaining that they're getting 7 days of premium in their SCs, meanwhile, I've never gotten a regular SC with any premium time, ship, and only one ever with 1000 doubloons. 

To you, SCs are slightly above average. 

But you merely adopted the slightly above average. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a real SC until I paid money for a Christmas container! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,619 posts
42,785 battles

It is a large difference between 100 flags and say 2x4 flags and 2 camos. The better flags are only in SCs. The number of flags from missions and campaigns are so large that we would be swarmed otherwise.

Never recieved premium time (apart from the ones Irecieved in the 2 year anniversary/T10 ship), otherwise 0, doubloons a few times, never FreeXP, never a ship, despite probably over 75 now. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,809 battles

Open a try your luck container and get 2 type 5 camo....WG spoiling us again I see.