Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LazyInsight

Problems with CV controls?

10 comments in this topic

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles

Since 0.7.2 update CV controls produce really weird issues for me (did not play CVs when 0.7 hit so no idea how it looked on relase):

- generally less responsive than in 0.6

- problems with drawing selection box over squadrons (fails to select all squadrons in the box or does not draw box at all)

- it seems I can not remove squadron from a takeoff queue (as I remember it was possible by right clicking, or am I remembering that wrong?)

- yesterday at the end of my third match in Ryujo, I lost capability to do >>anything<< with left mouse click - could not order squadrons, check different screens in post match report. LMB did not work in port either (had to kill game via task manager) - this happened after the mini patch.

Do other captains have similar problems? Trying to figure if its problem with my laptop, or just WoWs.

Players
7,156 posts
245 battles

i ocassionally lose control when im turning or go forward and backwards and the same key i pressed doesn't work untill i press it again which in the heat of the battle you might not notice.

similar to when i play my CV's

[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts

The interface was bad 2 years ago and its getting worse with every patch. We've passed "horrible beyond all hope" a few months back and the latest pt seems to introduce more of it. I do find it highly entertaining though that the recent lag spikes and fps drops many people are complaining about are apparently caused by the Interface as well.:Smile_teethhappy:

Dropping down some of the graphics effects and not clicking more than once per second can help to avoid quite some of the shortcomings of the interface but there are plenty of bugs that still can and will ruin your matches.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

CV UI was always buggy as hell. (as far as i can tell from my limited experience + posts i read on the forums :Smile_hiding:)

I play cv on rare occasions (when i think to myself "well f* it what is the worst that can happen" only to renember 5 minutes later :fish_boom:)

I can however say that you can still cancel takeoffcommands. I did that very recently in my last match in cv.

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
1 hour ago, LazyInsight said:

- yesterday at the end of my third match in Ryujo, I lost capability to do >>anything<< with left mouse click - could not order squadrons, check different screens in post match report. LMB did not work in port either (had to kill game via task manager) - this happened after the mini patch.

This happened to me again today. About in the middle of the 3rd match I lost capability for drag selection (could not draw a selection box to select multiple squadrons). I did retain controls over my planes and ship though (only selecting multiple squadrons was impossible).

At the end of the match (ending screen) and in port, left mouse button did not work again (had to Esc to port, and then kill proces via task manager as I could not exit through regular options menu.

1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

I can however say that you can still cancel takeoffcommands. I did that very recently in my last match in cv.

Could you help me? How do you cancel?

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
16 minutes ago, LazyInsight said:

This happened to me again today. About in the middle of the 3rd match I lost capability for drag selection (could not draw a selection box to select multiple squadrons). I did retain controls over my planes and ship though (only selecting multiple squadrons was impossible).

At the end of the match (ending screen) and in port, left mouse button did not work again (had to Esc to port, and then kill proces via task manager as I could not exit through regular options menu.

Could you help me? How do you cancel?

Like you described I just right click on them. The orange arrow above the squad with the number should disappear then and the queue moves down one number each.

You can also select multiple squads by pressing and holding Shift and then press several numbers you want to select together.

Edit: or was it Ctrl? :cap_hmm: Damn i'm not playing cv often as you can see. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,675 battles

My brain can not handle any CV T6+, I will always be in awe of Pro CV players.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,111 posts
20,074 battles
4 hours ago, LazyInsight said:

- generally less responsive than in 0.6

Personally I've noticed no change in responsiveness. It's been this way since the last time they changed it ages ago (which to be fair made it a little faster, but introduced a [edited]-ton of bugs, many of which haven't been fixed to this day).

- problems with drawing selection box over squadrons (fails to select all squadrons in the box or does not draw box at all)

Always been this way as far as my experience goes. If you want to be sure to select the right squads, use shift + corresponding number keys. Ctrl + A can also be used to select all airborne squadrons.

- it seems I can not remove squadron from a takeoff queue (as I remember it was possible by right clicking, or am I remembering that wrong?)

Yes, you can remove a squad from takeoff queue with right clicking it twice (or once, I've always been double clicking it). I've still been able to do so after 7.2.0.

I've had that happen as well. Made a bug report about it here including videos:

Spoiler

In the match itself I was able to "unstick" left click by selecting a different squadron. That obviously wasn't an option anymore once it ended.

Helpful hint the next time this happens: Arrow and Enter keys can be used to navigate menus. You can exist the game in a normal fashion with those.

• Cool 1

Players
1,421 posts
8,528 battles

Well, I have the problems that when you select a target for the AA (or secondary) guns to attack the autopilot it's engaged to go there. I need to click REALLY fast to avoid that.

Also quite often planes stop giving status reports on battle. I need to quit the game (after the current battle its over of course) and reload the game. Otherwise in the next match planes still doesn't reports anything.

I posted them on the bugs section. The plane report was from previous version, no one did a shitte.

I recorded these bugs here:

The first bug happens most of the time, the second one happens after minute 3:35.

• Cool 1

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

You can also select multiple squads by pressing and holding Shift and then press several numbers you want to select together.

Edit: or was it Ctrl? :cap_hmm: Damn i'm not playing cv often as you can see

1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Yes, you can remove a squad from takeoff queue with right clicking it twice (or once, I've always been double clicking it). I've still been able to do so after 7.2.0.

Thanks for responses, I figured out what was wrong: I can only remove squadrons from queue while in top down view and not while in map mode (single right click is enough).

Sign in to follow this