Grandorf

Bismarck build.

18 comments in this topic

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
11,661 battles

Hi 

I have read a bunch of posts about Bismarck and since trying out is too expensive I 

would like some opinions.

Secondary build is the goto approach with some degree of brawl, right? 

The build is obviously AuxiliaryAM1, DamageCSM1, DamageCSM2, SecondaryBM2, ConcealmentSM1.

Captain skills are the tricky part.

Only 1 pointer worth taking is Preventive M.

At 2 points Adrenaline R seems the obvious option.

Here is the strange part at 3 points, some skip BFT and go for DE. More fires vs more AA and sec, damage? 

At 4 points AFT is the 1st option and Manual Secondaries are a must, right?

Next level gets me hesitant, Many speak for another 4 point at Fire Prevention but then you are done (1 point left). 

So would SI, BFT or maybe BoS be a better option (depending on first 3 point) and then you could add JoaT or HA?

Anybody going with CE?

What about signals? All of them.

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
11,661 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

A secondary build without the 4pt manual secondary skill is pretty pointless.

Yep, very obvious even if I put a question mark.

14 point captain is a must before Bismarck gets good, its the next 5 points that are

hard to "calculate".

So, to boil it down. SI, BFT, DE, JoaT, HA, FP and BoS are the once that is hard to choose from.

Players
386 posts
13,046 battles

Go find a flamuu or flambass guide XD, I wouldn't trust forum surfers 

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
11,661 battles
Just now, VeryHonarbrah said:

Go find a flamuu or flambass guide XD, I wouldn't trust forum surfers 

I have seen the Flamu, Notser et.c. videos and to be honest they are not 

"specialized" on Bismarck, even they change their build from time to time.

Players
386 posts
13,046 battles
1 minute ago, Grandorf said:

I have seen the Flamu, Notser et.c. videos and to be honest they are not 

"specialized" on Bismarck, even they change their build from time to time.

Maybe flambass as his terpitz is his most played ship

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
11,661 battles
9 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Maybe flambass as his terpitz is his most played ship

Cant find his recent build.

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
11,661 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

19 point Bismarck Captain with focus on secondaries:

Unbenannt.jpg.d95d26eb1eb0ee01d5ade64894b7ac8d.jpg

Yes, this is my goto build. But why would some choose BoS or DE?

Is FP really worth it?

Players
386 posts
13,046 battles

5ab15de2e2e49_bismarchcpt.PNG.9ddfbbdc2b2e4fc791533f0084762542.PNG

This is better for brawling I would say, bft is a waist, and you would want turrets when your brawling, PR for seeing if someone is targeting you with torps so you can dodge.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,484 posts
10,103 battles

Expert Marksman

The benefit from this skill are incredible 4.4s for a full 180° turn (down from 36s to 31.6s). In normal battle situations you turn either both your guns and ship (larger angles) or just guns (for smaller changes in angle). In both scenarios you will hardly recognize the difference. And as a battleship you normally do not turn your guns back and forth frequently. So the advantages of this skill are limited.

High Alert

This only benefits the repair party. But Jack of all Trades will also benefit the hydro consumable. Both are very important for a brawler BB.

on the other hand

Basic Firing Training

This skill gives you a plain 10% DPM increase for your secondaries! And on top a 20% boost to your AA. And as a frontline BB you will be very likely to be attacked by a CV.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,625 posts
9,867 battles

KCqsTq6.png

Clan Test Coordinator
393 posts
19,997 battles
On ‎20‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Grandorf said:

Yes, this is my goto build. But why would some choose BoS or DE?

Is FP really worth it?

This is what I use, maxed out secondaries and it also buffs your AA. Works out pretty well in most cases. The key is how you get into the CQC.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Bismarck is one of those ships where the build can vary quite much depending on what you want. The most efficient build is a survival build with some additions to Secondaries and AA. The most fun build is whatever you like to play, but most people like the full secondary build. How you do it depends entirely on your playstyle, but AR, BFT, AFT, and Manual Secondaries are pretty much mandatory.

Players
48 posts
4,331 battles

Hi All,

I'm really wondering about the Bismarck secondary build. Yes it's a solid build and I've seen wonderful videos of Flamu.

But the Bismarck MM is absolutely awful, I'm 95% of the time against T10. They fire from very far away, very hard.

And getting closer is not that easy*...Quite dangerous with all the TX DDs and even Cx spamming HEs on me.

So I was thinking, should I consider a "tank" build instead of a secondary build? Or should I try to get better and better use my Bismarck?

Right now I'm quite disappointed with it, because of the MM and the very rare nice game I have with it.

Recently I took Wows more seriously and I really increased my "recents" stats, but mostly because I love T7 CA or CLs. And I deal more damage with them that in my Bismarck.

SO, I was thinking about spending doubloons to retrain my captain to get a better survival. Other thing I have in mind, I have enough XP on Bismarck (and as free xp) to research the T9 German BB. I could probably even research the T10 german BB without spending money on the T9 ship...but I don't know if it's the smartest way to spend free xp.

All in all, I'd like to love "again" my Bismarck....or german BB. What would you do? (in addition to getting better and learning how to play the damn game :) )

Thanks ladies & gentlemen, fair winds!

*I must admit I'm not yet at 14 captain points, so my secondaries have like 9.5km range

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
405 posts
7,336 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, Charles__Vane__ said:

Hi All,

I'm really wondering about the Bismarck secondary build. Yes it's a solid build and I've seen wonderful videos of Flamu.

But the Bismarck MM is absolutely awful, I'm 95% of the time against T10. They fire from very far away, very hard.

And getting closer is not that easy*...Quite dangerous with all the TX DDs and even Cx spamming HEs on me.

So I was thinking, should I consider a "tank" build instead of a secondary build? Or should I try to get better and better use my Bismarck?

Right now I'm quite disappointed with it, because of the MM and the very rare nice game I have with it.

Recently I took Wows more seriously and I really increased my "recents" stats, but mostly because I love T7 CA or CLs. And I deal more damage with them that in my Bismarck.

SO, I was thinking about spending doubloons to retrain my captain to get a better survival. Other thing I have in mind, I have enough XP on Bismarck (and as free xp) to research the T9 German BB. I could probably even research the T10 german BB without spending money on the T9 ship...but I don't know if it's the smartest way to spend free xp.

All in all, I'd like to love "again" my Bismarck....or german BB. What would you do? (in addition to getting better and learning how to play the damn game :) )

Thanks ladies & gentlemen, fair winds!

*I must admit I'm not yet at 14 captain points, so my secondaries have like 9.5km range

Constant tier10 MM is a pain. However you may try to negate it by thinking that you should try to beat the enemy tier8 in gameplay. So basically like in every game try to do your best and if some Yamato chunks you for 20k remember that he is 2 tiers higher and move on. Aggressive Bismarck helping out your dds around caps with a battleship and hydro might be the thing that drives enemy dd or radar cruiser away and turns that tier10 game into a victory. If it doesn´t at least you tried to use the ships strenghts and not just play a "paper" fleet sitting 20km away scared because MM. Also those 15inch guns still pack a punch if given broadside.

My Bismarck has manual secondaries but it wasn´t a full secondary build. Kind of hybrid between tank and secondary. Also I specced for more main gun accuracy because they still do most of your damage even close range. I think full secodary build is the "fun" build but a hybrid or even full survival is the best build.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
405 posts
7,336 battles
On 8/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, Charles__Vane__ said:

Hi All,

Friedrich der Grosse is like Bismarck on steroids. It may not be the meta but if specced like a tank it can be very aggressive and tanky. Also 406mm gets a lot better possibilities of overmatching high tier cruisers plating. However of course it is not one of the strongest tier9 bbs just like the Bismarck is not one of the strongest tier8 bb.

Players
48 posts
4,331 battles

Thanks mate for your advice!

I think I'm gonna give the FdG a try, especially also because I liked the "sprint ranked" recently (finished proudly at grade 1 :yay: ) and I'd like to give the "regular" ranked a try.

Given what you've said about the FdG, I feel like it's still better than the Bismarck and it will not get a worst MM. It's extremely rare that I play something else than TX with my Bismarck anyway.

ps: Just had a game in the Bismarck this morning with T6-T8...ended up first with 1700+ base exp. and 110k+ damage. I really like this ship, when MM is not ruining it. Had another one,  with T10 MM of course, did 65k damage and was ranked in the middle of the pack. Just feel like you're in a motorbike race and you have a BMX while other competitors have competition motorbikes :)

Sign in to follow this