Sign in to follow this  
Doshka

Unable to locate server IP through DNS

4 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
381 battles

Im playing on iMac 27" running MacOs 11.10.13 and the game used to run fine.  Left the game for a couple of month when I tried to log in again recently it kept crashing to my desktop.  I reinstalled the game and now when I try to start up the game I get to the log in page press the connect button then I get this weird message:

"Unable to locate server IP through DNS". Can anyone help me out on this.  I tried reinstalling again but no luck.  

I searched online and found something about checking the ports on my Mac are open.  But also it didn't work.  Really appreciate any help anyone can give.  Have a few days off work and really want to get into the action before I have to get back to work.

Ive uploaded a screenshot of the problem 

Thx

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 7.55.21 PM.png

3 answers to this question

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Did you change provider? Or settings in your router (or someone else meddled in those settings)? You can try to flush dns, if that doesn't help you can change your dns: https://use.opendns.com/

[-NH-]
Players
2 posts
3,868 battles

I have the same problem... I too couldn't play for 2 months and when i started the game (after updating to 0.7.8) it kept crashing...

Sign in to follow this