philjd

French T8 premium BB Gascogne

6 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

As I couldn't find a dedicated thread for this ship, thought I would start one.

Ok, T8 Premium BB, similar to the Richelieu but with her 2 turrets placed fore and aft.

Flamu's impression:-

Notser's Impression:-

I've only played 2 battles in her so far, neither went well, but I did enjoy my (short) time in her in both, but interested in what the rest of you guys (and gals) think of her.

• Cool 1

Players
188 posts
5,537 battles

Hi philjd,

I have had her only a few days now and I've only had 3 battles in her (tied up with work :( ) and I lost all 3 but I found her to be fast, I liked the velocity on the guns and found her to be reasonably tanky, the fact I made a mistake on 1 battle and over extended due to the speed, was my fault and my last 2 battles, my team just died around me but overall I found her comfortable to play and should be a good trainer for the captain, I bought her with a 10 point captain, so I could take advantage of 4 points for concealment.

Regards

SKWK :Smile_honoring:

ps - Been having a horrid time in game recently, couldn't win a battle if the other team all died but one and he was afk :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

One of my fav tier 8 BBs. Fast and cruiserlike in many ways. Amazing with a secondary build. Guns are workable, but are the main weakness imo. I very rarely get citadelled in it, but the ship soaks HE alpha so positioning is important.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,007 battles
22 hours ago, Affeks said:

One of my fav tier 8 BBs. Fast and cruiserlike in many ways. Amazing with a secondary build. Guns are workable, but are the main weakness imo. I very rarely get citadelled in it, but the ship soaks HE alpha so positioning is important.

Agree with this. I bought her drunk a few weeks ago, and absolutely hated her for the first 10 battles, until I realised I could play her like a brawl-and-kite BC. Secondaries are great, and I will look to spec my 15 point captain with them as he progresses.

I enjoy it, have gone from 30k games at the start to 80-100k games now. It's not a DPM beast, but can do serious damage to everything if you keep at optimal range.

• Cool 2

Players
15 posts
227 battles

I brought the Gascogne today to be able to finnish the french compaign and get the last few containers for the mission. I was very sceptical after reading negative reviews and watching flamu on youtube. But at the end i bought the ship and played a few games on coop to get the feel.

Its a very fast BB with great gun rotation speed. I played so far only 2 games in random. I love the Atago and played the Gascogne the same way, kiting and switching between HE and AP. To my big suprise i did both games around 105k dmg with a tier 10 captain. I loved the playstyle as Im used to playing Atago a lot and it worked well on Gascogne. Play it like a heavy cruiser and you might like it.