Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Britannia

Whats going on with the salem

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
128 posts
29,927 battles

Does anyone know what is happening with the salem, its seems like a very similar ship to the des moins so shouldn't be take that long to balance her I would not have thought, does anyone know how, and when we can get our hands on her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINC]
Players
98 posts
8,602 battles

If it is the same or similar to the Des Moines then what exactly is the point of it, and why would anyone want a Des Moines ( ver 2.0), unless of course, it was a significantly better version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
158 posts
8,409 battles

There was once an event (still in beta times?) where you could win something if you sunk the enemy Salem, must been around Halloween? (salem witch?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
128 posts
29,927 battles
1 hour ago, K0D87 said:

If it is the same or similar to the Des Moines then what exactly is the point of it, and why would anyone want a Des Moines ( ver 2.0), unless of course, it was a significantly better version?

Its premium so I can put my 19 point BB captain in her, as they share the same AA build with the American BBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
2,812 posts
16,926 battles
4 minutes ago, HMS_Britannia said:

Its premium so I can put my 19 point BB captain in her, as they share the same AA build with the American BBs

Or better, you put your DM captain in there? As my DM and Monti captain aren't specced in the same way anyways...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Last thing I saw about her had her with a very short range radar (8,5km iirc) ... considering WG is working on another free XP ship (and confirmed that it isn't a BB), I'd speculate there's a chance we might see the Salem as a tier IX free XP cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
68 posts
5,652 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Last thing I saw about her had her with a very short range radar (8,5km iirc) ... considering WG is working on another free XP ship (and confirmed that it isn't a BB), I'd speculate there's a chance we might see the Salem as a tier IX free XP cruiser.

Yeah, I can also remember the short range radar, but it also had an extremely strong (RN-like) heal. And while I'd love to see it as freeXP-ship, I doubt it will be, since it is tier X after all. More likely it will be a reward ship of some kind, maybe for 7 times rank 1? 

And the non-BB free XP ship? I'm afraid it will be the Kronshtadt, it has the right tier and tecnically isn't a BB (cruiser icon and all), but boy, that "cruiser" has so many BB properties that it could almost be seen as trolling those who wantet a non-BB freeXP-ship.  At least for me it is totally not what I was hoping for.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,466 posts
10,110 battles
22 hours ago, Zombie_Wizard said:

Yeah, I can also remember the short range radar, but it also had an extremely strong (RN-like) heal. And while I'd love to see it as freeXP-ship, I doubt it will be, since it is tier X after all. More likely it will be a reward ship of some kind, maybe for 7 times rank 1? 

And the non-BB free XP ship? I'm afraid it will be the Kronshtadt, it has the right tier and tecnically isn't a BB (cruiser icon and all), but boy, that "cruiser" has so many BB properties that it could almost be seen as trolling those who wantet a non-BB freeXP-ship.  At least for me it is totally not what I was hoping for.  

You mean the extremely good battleship-armor it has? /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
On 19/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, HMS_Britannia said:

Does anyone know what is happening with the salem, its seems like a very similar ship to the des moins so shouldn't be take that long to balance her I would not have thought, does anyone know how, and when we can get our hands on her?

 

On 19/3/2018 at 10:20 AM, robihr said:

i need next free xp ship.. free xp is ready...

 

My bet is that the ship will probably a reward for being rank 1 in I-already-lost-count-on-how-many-seasons-that-would-be. If they ever sell T10 ships it would be the very first one, same goes for free XP, they're all T9 ships, so I really doubt that Salem would be a regular that you just can buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

large.jpg

 

 

On 3/19/2018 at 9:58 AM, Aotearas said:

very short range radar (8,5km iirc)

 

You're going to have to explain to me what you think is so funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

You're going to have to explain to me what you think is so funny.

 

Im a Destroyer, there is no "short range radar".

(At least not as long as radar goes through islands! Same goes for Hydro and proximity spotting btw.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
17 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

Im a Destroyer, there is no "short range radar".

(At least not as long as radar goes through islands! Same goes for Hydro and proximity spotting btw.)

 

 

Funny, I also play a lot of destroyers and I still think 8,5km radar is short. At tier IX/X, the caps in domination mode are large enough for 8,5km radar not covering most zones entirely, so it's rather easy to avoid. And in the open water you'd be spotting the Salem loooong before she gets into radar range.

 

So yeah, short range it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

 

Funny, I also play a lot of destroyers and I still think 8,5km radar is short. At tier IX/X, the caps in domination mode are large enough for 8,5km radar not covering most zones entirely, so it's rather easy to avoid. And in the open water you'd be spotting the Salem loooong before she gets into radar range.

 

So yeah, short range it is.

 

Yes. No. Maybe.

When the difference between short and long is only ~2km (?)... Yeah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,018 posts
11,800 battles
On 19/03/2018 at 9:20 AM, robihr said:

i need next free xp ship.. free xp is ready...

same, 'gimme gimme gimme'............and if my name was @bushwacker001 I'd add the line 'a man after midnight....'. He knows it's true :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

Yes. No. Maybe.

When the difference between short and long is only ~2km (?)... Yeah...

For DDs, 2km is a whole lot.

 

Besides I consider the RU 11,7km radar long range, the US 9-10km radar midrange (their longer duration is more of a threat than their range) and anything lower than 9km short range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
42 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

same, 'gimme gimme gimme'............and if my name was @bushwacker001 I'd add the line 'a man after midnight....'. He knows it's true :cap_haloween:

:Smile_Default: He will be tired by then after spending a few hours with you before midnight. :Smile_medal:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×