Lordofdroid

0.7.2 FPS Drop fix

53 comments in this topic

Administrator, WG Staff
85 posts
15,118 battles

Commanders,

Following your feedback about players experiencing FPS drops since the recent update we’ve been hard at work trying to isolate the issue and produce a fix. We now believe it is being caused by a bug in a system which is responsible for refreshing low-level UI objects. The bug manifests after a certain number of battles have been played in succession, with the number depending on the characteristics of the system the game is running on. We’re now testing a fix for this issue internally and have also deployed that fix on the 0.7.3 Public Test server.

For those of you most affected and who would like to help verify the effectiveness of this tix, we are also releasing it in the form of a mod for the current production version of the game client (0.7.2.1). However, it requires that your client is free from any other modifications, as their presence can interfere with its operation and provide misleading data for us about the effectiveness of the fix. Here are the instructions on how to install it:

Spoiler

WARNING: ‘Launch the game in safe mode’ is NOT an alternative for game client modification uninstall in this very case
WARNING: If you’re not sure you can fully uninstall game client modifications do not proceed with this manual
Mod installation manual:
1.    Delete all of game client modifications if you have any
2.    Check & repair game integrity using launcher or WGC

How to do in WGC:
 image.png

image.png

How to do in launcher:
 image.png

image.png

image.png

3.    Download & execute this program
http://dl-wows-gc.wargaming.net/projects/mods/EN_FixFPS.exe
Insert path to your World of Warships game folder, i.e. “C:\Games\World_of_Warships”

image.png

4.    Make sure the result is successful. To do this, open game folder and check way
 “<game folder>\res_mods\0.7.2.1\gui\flash\”.
You should see 7 files inside:

image.png

Following info to this topic (all of materials must be gathered after closing game client):

1.    Launch the game using WGC or Launcher
2.    In case you’ll have one of following issues: game freeze, game client performance drop, non-working consumables, ships icons absence, please add following info to this topic (all of materials must be gathered after closing game client):
a.     File: ...\<game_folder>\profile\python.log
b.     Screenshots\video with to indicate occurred issuer
3.    DxDiag file

How to create DxDiag?
a.    DxDiag file (see instruction here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/530/)
After checking the files from the folder "<folder with the game> \ res_mods \ 0.7.2.1 \ gui \ flash \" manually delete them.

Depending on test results from the 0.7.3 Public Test server and the feedback from players who chose to install the fix-mod we will make a decision on how to proceed further with this fix and when to deploy it to production servers should the test prove successful.

We hope this test will be a success and that the fix produced will get rid of these recent FPS drops for affected users. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused our players.

Best,

The World of Warships team

image.png

• Cool 10

Players
341 posts
11,286 battles

This is an issue because many people dont use the beta installer, as it has stability issues itself... you have to close it once the game launches ect.

I dont understand if wg can develop a mod to fix it why dont they just micro patch it into the game.

• Bad 1

[PRAVD]
Players
390 posts
8,523 battles

now hopefully my day of prem will be used to grind and not be mad at stutters everywhere

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles

And this modification wont get you banned for using non-approved mods yes?

• Funny 2

Administrator, WG Staff
85 posts
15,118 battles
1 hour ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

This is an issue because many people dont use the beta installer, as it has stability issues itself... you have to close it once the game launches ect.

I dont understand if wg can develop a mod to fix it why dont they just micro patch it into the game.

As I said

" Depending on test results from the 0.7.3 Public Test server and the feedback from players who chose to install the fix-mod we will make a decision on how to proceed further with this fix and when to deploy it to production servers should the test prove successful."

We have to deploy it in phases and we are working on to deploy it via micropatch but first we have to ensure that it works for all the players and for that we need to release it this way.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Cool 1

Administrator, WG Staff
85 posts
15,118 battles
48 minutes ago, Ew_ said:

And this modification wont get you banned for using non-approved mods yes?

You would not get banned because this is our very own "mod".

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
349 posts
6,656 battles

Here are my findings

Lag still builds up exactly like before, causing lower FPS/stuttering etc the longer a battle goes on and the more junk is spotted/rendered and more UI icons there are, just like before, but it doesnt persist between battles anymore! So even tho the FPS drops people report still happens, they dont absolutely wreck performance and build up more and more each battle reducing FPS from the start. In other words each battle starts at 144FPS and degrades from there in said battle, rather than degrading per battle played and battles starting at 80~ with severe stutter.

That being said the FPS drops are quite significant still, per battle the longer it is.

The worst so far was when nearly the entire enemy team was spotted and enemy Shimakaze, Gearing, and yugmo with torpedo reload dropped a total of 41 torpedoes over a single cap at the same time. And allied Gearing and ognevoi fired theirs at the same time as well.

• Cool 2

[PRAVD]
Players
390 posts
8,523 battles

after 6 battles i haven't felt any FPR drops or even lag spikes anymore, for me this fix is working as intended as of now

• Cool 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

Everything back to normal. Stable FPS even on my outdated computer, playing many games in a row. There is not a problem using it with mods.

edit. after doing some port stuff - FPS was dropped ....

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,111 posts
23,709 battles

FPS seems to be more stable now with this fix, I think fps drop happens when many torpedoes hit the water.

Administrator, WG Staff
85 posts
15,118 battles
4 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Everything back to normal. Stable FPS even on my outdated computer, playing many games in a row. There is not a problem using it with mods.

edit. after doing some port stuff - FPS was dropped ....

Hello.

It would be great if you can follow the instructions and send us the diagnostic information so that we can understand why it did not work for you @Odo_Toothless

Administrator, WG Staff
85 posts
15,118 battles
10 hours ago, Ew_ said:

Here are my findings

Lag still builds up exactly like before, causing lower FPS/stuttering etc the longer a battle goes on and the more junk is spotted/rendered and more UI icons there are, just like before, but it doesnt persist between battles anymore! So even tho the FPS drops people report still happens, they dont absolutely wreck performance and build up more and more each battle reducing FPS from the start. In other words each battle starts at 144FPS and degrades from there in said battle, rather than degrading per battle played and battles starting at 80~ with severe stutter.

That being said the FPS drops are quite significant still, per battle the longer it is.

The worst so far was when nearly the entire enemy team was spotted and enemy Shimakaze, Gearing, and yugmo with torpedo reload dropped a total of 41 torpedoes over a single cap at the same time. And allied Gearing and ognevoi fired theirs at the same time as well.

Hello.

It would be great if you can follow the instructions and send us the diagnostic information so that we can understand why it did not work for you fully @Ew_

[THGZ]
Players
23 posts
18,325 battles
18 ore fa, Lordofdroid ha scritto:

Commanders,

Following your feedback about players experiencing FPS drops since the recent update we’ve been hard at work trying to isolate the issue and produce a fix. We now believe it is being caused by a bug in a system which is responsible for refreshing low-level UI objects. The bug manifests after a certain number of battles have been played in succession, with the number depending on the characteristics of the system the game is running on. We’re now testing a fix for this issue internally and have also deployed that fix on the 0.7.3 Public Test server.

For those of you most affected and who would like to help verify the effectiveness of this tix, we are also releasing it in the form of a mod for the current production version of the game client (0.7.2.1). However, it requires that your client is free from any other modifications, as their presence can interfere with its operation and provide misleading data for us about the effectiveness of the fix. Here are the instructions on how to install it:

Rivela contenuti nascosti

WARNING: ‘Launch the game in safe mode’ is NOT an alternative for game client modification uninstall in this very case
WARNING: If you’re not sure you can fully uninstall game client modifications do not proceed with this manual
Mod installation manual:
1.    Delete all of game client modifications if you have any
2.    Check & repair game integrity using launcher or WGC

How to do in WGC:
 image.png

image.png

How to do in launcher:
 image.png

image.png

image.png

3.    Download & execute this program
http://dl-wows-gc.wargaming.net/projects/mods/EN_FixFPS.exe
Insert path to your World of Warships game folder, i.e. “C:\Games\World_of_Warships”

image.png

4.    Make sure the result is successful. To do this, open game folder and check way
 “<game folder>\res_mods\0.7.2.1\gui\flash\”.
You should see 7 files inside:

image.png

Following info to this topic (all of materials must be gathered after closing game client):

1.    Launch the game using WGC or Launcher
2.    In case you’ll have one of following issues: game freeze, game client performance drop, non-working consumables, ships icons absence, please add following info to this topic (all of materials must be gathered after closing game client):
a.     File: ...\<game_folder>\profile\python.log
b.     Screenshots\video with to indicate occurred issuer
3.    DxDiag file

How to create DxDiag?
a.    DxDiag file (see instruction here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/530/)
After checking the files from the folder "<folder with the game> \ res_mods \ 0.7.2.1 \ gui \ flash \" manually delete them.

Depending on test results from the 0.7.3 Public Test server and the feedback from players who chose to install the fix-mod we will make a decision on how to proceed further with this fix and when to deploy it to production servers should the test prove successful.

We hope this test will be a success and that the fix produced will get rid of these recent FPS drops for affected users. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused our players.

Best,

The World of Warships team

image.png

Hi, I do not use MOD, and I have many drops fps .....

my pc is not obsolete

CPU ryzen 1700 3.00 Ghz

GTX 770

16 GB ram 

Administrator, WG Staff
85 posts
15,118 battles
3 minutes ago, U_PILU_IT said:

Hi, I do not use MOD, and I have many drops fps .....

my pc is not obsolete

CPU ryzen 1700 3.00 Ghz

GTX 770

16 GB ram 

The FPS issue is not based on the performance of the machine you are on, that is why we want you to try the MOD as per instructions as it should help fix the problem.

• Cool 1

[THGZ]
Players
23 posts
18,325 battles
23 minuti fa, Lordofdroid ha scritto:

The FPS issue is not based on the performance of the machine you are on, that is why we want you to try the MOD as per instructions as it should help fix the problem.

OK thx 

OP:You know when you work for Italian ships, you let us know something

good work, and happy Sunday

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Didn't get stuttering, but had one quite bad crash, I couldn't even get into the critical error window to take a screenshot. Might be related, might not be related.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 hours ago, Herbl said:

I can't report on a fix for the FPS drops as i can't install the mod, all i get is this message http://prntscr.com/istylb

Says you have wrong path to the game, restart the installation and select the path correctly :cap_hmm:

[KNCOL]
Players
2 posts
2,814 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Says you have wrong path to the game, restart the installation and select the path correctly :cap_hmm:

I only have this installation of WoWs through Steam so i can't choose another.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Just played one game with freezes after installing the fix.

Added the files+ replay. Replay occured on in binocular view when firing (2-3 secs freeze while firing on the Roma)

And 2 more times after that.

[BANCV]
Players
45 posts
15,371 battles

Whenever i played with carriers i experienced biggest impact on the fps. it was so bad that after giving any command fps would drop under 10. for up to a second.

First game i played after the mod was with Air Superiority  Hakuryuu to see if it still happens and the game was mostly on 50 fps. during heavy combat above several ships it fell to 30 fps. which didn't cause any problems.

2. game i played after 5 minutes of game time i was no longer able to select units with a mouse. unit numbers were still working but as that is not the way i play carriers it was annoying trying to find unit NO789 (dis is just git gut issue, but i don't feel like getting good because carriers are not fun to play at all anymore.)
Further description in "ReadME"

Edit:
Consumables problem    = closing the game client, opening it again and closing it again then obtaining the dxdiag and pythonlog

consumables problem 2 = getting the info while the original client was running

Consumables problem 2.rar

Consumables problem.rar

[KTS]
Players
286 posts
13,564 battles

For me this Fix is doing good. I have tried it last night and today and havent got a single drop of FPS

Players
32 posts
9,009 battles

I installed the fix and after that my fps problems disappeared. Especially when i am playing cv or playing over a long time, i have no performance problems. So i think the fix works well.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,134 posts
21,904 battles

I played a long session on the PTS and I didn't experience stuttering any more, even when there were a lot of planes, torpedoes and shells around. Thank you for your fast reaction to this problem and for creating this topic.