You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pametrada

Captain slots in consumables containers.

35 comments in this topic

Players
418 posts
3,834 battles

Dear WG,

Twice in recent days, I've received 4 extra captain spaces in what were supposed to be containers of consumables. I now have a grand total of 44 captain spaces,  41 of which are vacant, and most likely will remain so.

Could you please stop handing these out in containers? With 41 spare places, they are superfluous to me,  and  I would have much preferred the consumables.  There must be a better way of doing this - maybe silver for captain's spaces, or something like that.

Regards. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
1 minute ago, Pametrada said:

Dear WG,

Twice in recent days, I've received 4 extra captain spaces in what were supposed to be containers of consumables. I now have a grand total of 44 captain spaces,  41 of which are vacant, and most likely will remain so.

Could you please stop handing these out in containers? With 41 spare places, they are superfluous to me,  and  I would have much preferred the consumables.  There must be a better way of doing this - maybe silver for captain's spaces, or something like that.

A mere pup.....I have 71 bloody spare slots :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
154 posts
14,114 battles

Only a 157 spare here out of a total of 176 slots. It is annoying getting 4 extra slots in reserve from containers, I just hope they have a limit on the number you can have. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
663 posts
12,465 battles

65 spare out of 83 slots here, and it's in all containers I think, I only get the flag ones and I've had 8 new commander slots this week  :Smile_sad:

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
97 posts
15,645 battles

Dont know why u are complaining. 

I have 172 spaces of wich 142 are free :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles

Also have a lot of spares - received some out of containers.

I remember the times I had my barrack ship full on purpose so any addition in captains via missions n stuff would automatically come with a free slot.

Even more so WG still hasnt figured out a way to let me dismiss the countless duplicate anime captains. I dont have the good one like 15 or 10 pts - but I have a ton of 0-3 pts one .......

v3lf02J.png

:Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface::Smile_coin:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
19 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Also have a lot of spares - received some out of containers.

I remember the times I had my barrack ship full on purpose so any addition in captains via missions n stuff would automatically come with a free slot.

Even more so WG still hasnt figured out a way to let me dismiss the countless duplicate anime captains. I dont have the good one like 15 or 10 pts - but I have a ton of 0-3 pts one .......

v3lf02J.png

:Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface::Smile_coin:

I was recently able to dismiss mine, just after 0.7.2 came out. You might want to check if you can.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
1 minute ago, TigerMoth said:

I was recently able to dismiss mine, just after 0.7.2 came out. You might want to check if you can.

Holy .......... ?!

Thangs for that info man, I GOT TO TRY THAT!  Naturally I didnt even try for a while now ........

[-IAN-]
Players
2,022 posts
6,837 battles

But you still can't get rid of the ships, if you wanted to, you still have to hide them instead which, while it may be no issue for some, seriously annoys me and my OCD-ism :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

73 free out of 88 and getting more :fish_palm: Those places taken? Well, low point ARP captains that I have no use for.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,124 posts
20,111 battles

lolreserves.png

Git gud peasants. :Smile_trollface:

(I did not spend a single dime on that btw.)

Players
341 posts
11,249 battles

I may not be able to beat the amount of free slots I only have 190 in total with 16 used up, but my clan leader has 23k games and has 500 slots, with around 250 free so XD

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
3 hours ago, Pametrada said:

Dear WG,

The type of container you choose only grants you one (the first) guaranteed item of this sort. Spare captain slots can appear in every container, no matter if you choose signals, consumables or credits. Not sure about TYL, though.

Players
418 posts
3,834 battles
26 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

The type of container you choose only grants you one (the first) guaranteed item of this sort. Spare captain slots can appear in every container, no matter if you choose signals, consumables or credits. Not sure about TYL, though.

Yes, I'm aware they can appear - they have appeared twice in the last few days, as per my opening post. The crux of the matter is that they are not required by most people ( see all who have answered above ) and they take the place in the container of consumables that actually are useful ( and that actually are consumables, which captains slots are not ).

Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

No, WG should not stop giving this extra space!

I have only 16 free slots and about 190 ore occupied!

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,232 posts
10,402 battles

If I can buy a slot for gold, why can't I change back a slot for the gold? Oh yeah, I know why.

At the WG office:

yeah-soifyou-could-give-me-more-money-th

[TAYTO]
Players
812 posts
8,597 battles

I posted the same thing in the "suggestions" thread last night. Apparently people from WG go there to see what we're suggesting :Smile_teethhappy:

We know this because of the acknowledgements and comments they leave in response

• Cool 1

[LOTS_]
Players
16 posts
9,481 battles

They could add the captain slots (amongst other things) to the inventory with the option to sell them for silver , but they don't seem willing to do it.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
15 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

Not sure about TYL, though.

And I thought 5 ramming flags already was "striking gold". :Smile_trollface::Smile_veryhappy:

I wonder if there is a "improved variant" in TYL - you know not supercontainer-like but TYL sometimes has 2 rarer camos which you cant buy for creds -> 10-20 slots? :Smile_hiding:

2 hours ago, vaaltra said:

They could add the captain slots (amongst other things) to the inventory with the option to sell them for silver ,, but they don't seem willing to do it

Yeah but those other things you can sell are worth jack ....... I think people with 200 reserve slots _might_ end up being able to afford ~150 consumables ....... _if_ those consumables are on discount. :Smile_trollface:

17 hours ago, IanH755 said:

But you still can't get rid of the ships, if you wanted to, you still have to hide them instead which, while it may be no issue for some, seriously annoys me and my OCD-ism :Smile_teethhappy:

JJu82th.png

:Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,821 posts
18,437 battles

Captain sluts - no.

Port sluts - yes.

• Funny 1

Players
418 posts
3,834 battles

Yes, more free port slots would be nice. I think I've had one or two over the last year, but they are few and far between. :Smile_Default:

Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
13,503 battles

It would be a good option if we could sell these captain slots. I even have more than enough ship slots from the containers.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Make 50 captain slots + 100k silver > 1 ship slot exchange :cap_book:

Looks as a good trade to me :Smile_Default:

Edit: personaly i'd trade the 50 slots + 1mil silver for 1 port slot just to get rid of all the reserve slots :Smile_smile:

Edited by Major_Damage225

Players
418 posts
3,834 battles

Just for the record, today I received a ship slot in my first container. It must be a yin-yang thing. :Smile_great: