Jump to content
  • 0
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PleaseEndMe

Will I lose my stats after the Beta ends?

11 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post
771 battles

I remember losing all my ships after the alpha, which was no big deal. However, I purchased doubloons for extra ship slots, and I'm wondering if I'll lose those after the game leaves Beta stage. If not, will I lose my ships and data instead? Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

Continuously developed games are never ready. They are continuously developed. Closed beta ended ages ago and while you could call the current stage open beta, there's no reset or end in sight for this phase. You'll keep your ships until they shut down the game, assuming that you don't get banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,098 posts
11,146 battles
25 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

The beta has ended 2 years ago ...

 

I'm not sure why people get so fixated on the build number, that a build that starts with " 0. " means it MUST be a beta...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

 

I'm not sure why people get so fixated on the build number, that a build that starts with " 0. " means it MUST be a beta...

Well, the typical nomenclature is that builds in alpha and beta have a build 0.X.Y and after coming out of beta get a 1.X.Y ... there's no absolute rule that says it must be so, but as far as common build designations go, that's the norm (and for a good reason, since that way is pretty intuitive).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,354 posts
9,629 battles
1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

 

I'm not sure why people get so fixated on the build number, that a build that starts with " 0. " means it MUST be a beta...

WoT is now going big with update 1.0 HDmaps and stuff and the game was on since 2011 and closed beta since 2010. And they call it openly that the game now is in it's full version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,098 posts
11,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

WoT is now going big with update 1.0 HDmaps and stuff and the game was on since 2011 and closed beta since 2010. And they call it openly that the game now is in it's full version.

 

That's called marketing, nothing more.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,354 posts
9,629 battles
2 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

 

That's called marketing, nothing more.

You mean the difference in game version between 0 something and 1 something is just marketing thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[L4GG]
Players
3,258 posts
10,868 battles
15 hours ago, PleaseEndMe said:

I remember losing all my ships after the alpha, which was no big deal. However, I purchased doubloons for extra ship slots, and I'm wondering if I'll lose those after the game leaves Beta stage. If not, will I lose my ships and data instead? Thanks for the help.

please don't remember this to me.

Losing my ships, nooooooooooo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Ah this question again. It's been a long while. My advice: take your username literally OP in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
On 14/03/2018 at 10:54 PM, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

You mean the difference in game version between 0 something and 1 something is just marketing thing?

 

Pretty much. Version number can be fairly meaningless.

 

As an example the first version of the Windows NT Server operating system was released at version 5.51 as the world was dominated by the far more advanced Novel Netware 4.X and 5.0 versions, Microsoft chose the number to make it look more "advanced" despite it lacking many very good features that Novel had for years, they won that marketing war comprehensively in the long run despite the product being pretty awful comparatively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×