MrConway

Bug Reports

54 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,289 posts
3,698 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.3 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

Players
141 posts
9,025 battles

1. Description

Priority AA defense not working properly

2. Reproduction steps

Play any DD / BB / cruiser, priorize def AA by using Ctrl+left mouse

3. Result

clicking on the 'health bar' still works but clicking at the plane icon (torpedo bombers sign for example) doesnt

4. Expected result

fix it

5. Technical details
No clue what you wanna hear

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
915 battles

1. Description

no possibility to log in

2. Reproduction steps

1. start WoWs public test launcher
  2. pressed start
  3. type in login information correctly
  4. get error message (image below)

image.png.7f2c6c9b60692e18f06fb7834371071b.png

3. Result

Get error message even though my login details are correct.

4. Expected result

I schould be able to use my Wargaming Login Details to log into WoWs public test

5. Technical details
Bug time: about 18:10 (CET)

• Cool 1

Players
83 posts

Hi. Sorry if I have made a mistake here.

The Events page accessed from the Port Screen on the Test Server indicates " Get 10 "Type" 6 Camos on Live Server for playing three Random Battles. Battles completed but no notification shown that Reward has been granted as is the norm. Is there a problem?

I received notification of receiving 17 x 3 Signal flags for playing one game on PTS.

Cheers.

[FMW]
Players
117 posts
22 minutes ago, john1953 said:

Hi. Sorry if I have made a mistake here.

The Events page accessed from the Port Screen on the Test Server indicates " Get 10 "Type" 6 Camos on Live Server for playing three Random Battles. Battles completed but no notification shown that Reward has been granted as is the norm. Is there a problem?

I received notification of receiving 17 x 3 Signal flags for playing one game on PTS.

Cheers.

from the main portal ( https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt073/) it reads:

Warning: You must register your Public Test account with the same email address as your live account to collect your rewards. No exceptions.

You get rewards as codes via email when the update officially hits.

Public Test Rewards are typically enabled the first Friday or weekend after any update. You can expect to see an email after they're issued, or check the reward site. 

I think you may have to wait until tomorrow

Players
83 posts
1 hour ago, CptOddyB said:

from the main portal ( https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt073/) it reads:

Warning: You must register your Public Test account with the same email address as your live account to collect your rewards. No exceptions.

You get rewards as codes via email when the update officially hits.

Public Test Rewards are typically enabled the first Friday or weekend after any update. You can expect to see an email after they're issued, or check the reward site. 

I think you may have to wait until tomorrow

Hi. Thanks for taking an interest in replying. Regretably I am not talking about the final receipt of the rewards on my "live" account. I do understand that these are available a few days after the patch is applied. In this case I am referring to the actual notification in-game on the Test Server. You are probably aware that when you complete a reward in-game on the test server you receive a notification on the port screen advising that the task has been completed and that the reward will be credited to your live account. As an example when you completed one game in a Random battle on the test server you received an notification on the port screen advising that signal flags 17X 3 would be received on your live account. In this case I completed three random battles and the event screen indicated that I would receive 10 Type 6 Camos however no confirmation of this was indicated. Either you do note receive 10 Camos for completing three Random Battles on the Test server, in which case the Events Screen is wrong or alternatively there is a bug.

Cheers.

Players
421 posts

Hi WG.

1: Ship sunk in Battles not showing correctly and i've turned pink for sinking enemy ships and being hit by own side.

2: I sank an enemy ship in my tiam score it showed zero sunk.

3: I sank another enemy ship and my team score showed 1 sunk as seen in pictures.

5aaaf71424e07_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_03.15-22_31_28_79.thumb.png.1c16b2bbce1976407a77ef459529c45b.png

5aaaf7859e5d9_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_03.15-22_32_14_57.thumb.png.bf16ba027b54edaabbeda5d41bf03ff1.png

4: End battle results showed i'd only sunk 1 ship and that i'd turned pink though i had never hit a friendly in the battle a friendly had hit me.

• Funny 1

[OLDG]
Players
313 posts
7,211 battles

1. Description

Hellcarrier: Fighter permanently report being under AA fire

2. Reproduction steps

Fly Hellcarrier fighters into AA bubble, then land them back on carrier.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.1) Fighter squadrons flew into the AA bubble of a Galaxy cruiser, reported being under AA fire, squadron symbol flickering and warning symbol next to squad tab as per usual. 2) Ordered fighters to fly away from Galaxy. AA warning stayed on. 3) Ordered fighters to land. Even after they had landed the reports and flickering continued.

4. Expected result

The AA fire warnings, flickering and warning symbol should go away when fighters left enemy AA bubble and when they landed on carrier.

5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about midnight (CET). Replay, towards the end of the battle.

20180315_235645_PXSA005-Hellcarrier_e03_1st_April_2018.wowsreplay

[Z3NIT]
Players
700 posts
7 hours ago, Flipped_Out said:

1. Description

Priority AA defense not working properly

2. Reproduction steps

Play any DD / BB / cruiser, priorize def AA by using Ctrl+left mouse

3. Result

clicking on the 'health bar' still works but clicking at the plane icon (torpedo bombers sign for example) doesnt

4. Expected result

fix it

5. Technical details
No clue what you wanna hear

It look the same as last PT with Priority Target selection, then it came out that u need to double click it

Players
141 posts
9,025 battles
17 hours ago, RedAnark said:

It look the same as last PT with Priority Target selection, then it came out that u need to double click it

For what reason? It's annoying and this feature is working correctly on the live server. Why does WG change stuff that is working perfectly?

• Cool 1

[Z3NIT]
Players
700 posts
2 hours ago, Flipped_Out said:

For what reason? It's annoying and this feature is working correctly on the live server. Why does WG change stuff that is working perfectly?

I agree.

But If you remember some time ago, they changed the way you click on target for CV squadrons, so since then it's much more difficult to change the position and rotation of manual strikes.

It looks that some "big fat" player here has been complaining how easy it was to Ctrl click and change targets whatever it was, planes, ships, or priority ones...! May be Flamu? :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy: Just kidding!

[TBGS]
Players
3 posts
2,716 battles

1. Playing with CV the cursor is buggy and i can't set the fighters to attack enemy planes. When i hover the other planes the icon for attacking them does not apear so i move my mouse all around the planes' icon to see the attacking options and when i see it for 0.1sec it dissapears again.... fix it + Priority AA target not properly selectable +  fps ping(fixed so fast, Thank you) and dead ships in black with the dark see in top view i can't see the m pls make them so other colour. Look at the top of the screenshot and tell me if you can read anything easily... make them white.

shot-18.03.13_17.47.30-0742.jpg

Edited by zafzar
Partly fixed

[VC]
Weekend Tester
126 posts
15,685 battles

1. Description

Priority AA target or secondary artillery target not properly selectable

2. Reproduction steps

Select priority target by using Ctrl+left mouse

3. Result

The 'hit box' for the click seems to be off. You can target ships or squadrons by clicking way above the icon, but not lower than the health bar...

4. Expected result

Click should be recognized over the complete icon/health bar/name area

Players
13 posts
20,418 battles

Confirm all 4 issues reported by OldJoe above.

Doubt they read this feedback.
I reported he "H" bug when typing in previous patch and it is still present in the live game.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,289 posts
3,698 battles
On 3/18/2018 at 8:47 AM, fun6utzi said:

Confirm all 4 issues reported by OldJoe above.

Doubt they read this feedback.
I reported he "H" bug when typing in previous patch and it is still present in the live game.

We do read the feedback and diligently report all the mods you guys find, it is just unfortunately not always possible to fix all of them prior to patch deployment.

Players
1 post

I have downloaded PTS and created account but every time I try to log in I get an error message saying

"Error connecting server failed to connect to server please try again later"

I have been trying to connect for over a week but every time I get this message?

[PORT]
Players
8 posts
6,082 battles

On several occasions this week, when playing Domination games, the game has ended - saying one team or the other 'completed the mission' - despite there being several ships alive on both sides, the timer has not run out, and neither team had gained 1000 points.
This is a really frustrating bug, as it is wasting the economic flags I run (Papa Papa etc), as I am not gaining the xp or credits I could have, if the game hadn't ended prematurely.

Players
421 posts
28 minutes ago, Atmose said:

I have downloaded PTS and created account but every time I try to log in I get an error message saying

"Error connecting server failed to connect to server please try again later"

I have been trying to connect for over a week but every time I get this message?

Hi Yes the server is down please look at the PTS server timings it's only on for a few days at a time like the 0.7.3 part 1 ended on monday the 19th this week and in a few days time part 2 will start maybe next week, unknown yet.

WG will announce it when it starts either via the in launcher news or on their forums.  

Players
421 posts
35 minutes ago, oroboras said:

On several occasions this week, when playing Domination games, the game has ended - saying one team or the other 'completed the mission' - despite there being several ships alive on both sides, the timer has not run out, and neither team had gained 1000 points.
This is a really frustrating bug, as it is wasting the economic flags I run (Papa Papa etc), as I am not gaining the xp or credits I could have, if the game hadn't ended prematurely.

HI I have notice this too i had wondered if it was that the battle mechanics determined that the losing team could not win no matter how many were left alive, I DO NOT LIKE THIS IF THIS IS THE CASE.

WG if this is a bug please correct it that's if you are reading these reports Ideally i'd like to see the battle to the last man/shot fired NOT HALF WAY THROUGH this is confusing when you have nearly a half-full team on either side and plenty of scope for further Xp/rewards to be earned COM-ON WG PULL YOUR FINGER OUT FIX THIS.    

• Cool 1

[IRN]
Players
515 posts
10,252 battles

Just stuk in loading screen every time I try to play Random battle. 4-5 ships every game don't load in.
May ships with space camo suffers the most of this

image.png

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

Using the Agerie in Scenario Hermes: went to greet the initial scout planes then as turned to head back to main group, screen froze unable to tab out, had to force close wows/pt. Lost the error screen in the process

5. Technical details:

.crash file included

Spoiler

Application C:/Games/WOWS_PublicTest/worldofwarships.exe crashed 03.21.2018 at 18:53:25

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005 @ 0x126393E5) (Write @ 0x3794923657)
Current thread #6372 native trace:
(0) : !0x126393E5
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015B7313
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x00E41CCE
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x0162D58B
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x01647239
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x01646E35
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015B11F7
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015B118E
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015B4633
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x00EB7C95
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015B471E
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015FC378
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x015C69EA
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x01362297
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x0135E28C
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x0119735B
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x00EEA5FE
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x011793DF
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x01177E7D
(0) : worldofwarships.exe!0x010020C5
(0) : KERNEL32.DLL!0x76DB7C04

System info:
    OS Name: Windows 8.1 or later
    OS Version: 6.6 
    OS Architecture: x86_64

Memory info:
    Virtual memory: 2126252Kb/4194176Kb (51%)
    Working set (process physical memory): 1774360Kb/4194176Kb (42%)
    Commit charge (working set + process page file usage): 1786952Kb/4194176Kb (42%)
    Global physical memory: 3845304Kb/16743068Kb (22%)
    Global commitable memory (physical + pagefile): 5109140Kb/19233436Kb (27%)

unable to attach crash dump files: size too big

worldofwarships-2018-03-21_18-53-26.rar

Players
5,979 posts
11,650 battles

Used the Algerie in scenario Western Frontier. We were at the moment that those Whiskey DDs were announced, my game client froze up (it finished the announcement that none of those DDs were allowed to enter the repair zone), I wasn't really able to alt tab out of the game due to the client becoming unresponsive, then the whole system froze up which ended with it greeting me with a BSoD. Had to do a manual reset. All my unsaved work is lost. Not a big deal as I know better then to not save regularly, but this has never happened to me while playing WoWS (nor the PTS).

Theres nothing in the crashes folder, except for some files dating from 2017.

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

Unable to join battle after it starts 2 games in a row. Stuck in loading screen, where I can see minimap with team moving.

Happened in gearing with star camo. Im not alone. Many players afk atm.

Tried alt-tab to task manager and forced game to end there. Restarted several times, always stuck in that "game loading screen"

Edit:

Third game I tried to change graphic settings to low quality, and was able to join the game.

my specs are:

intel i7 3770@350 GHz

32 GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1060 6GB

• Cool 1