Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Games Ending too Quickly - Mercy Rule

10 comments in this topic

Question

Players
76 posts
11,778 battles

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed games ending quicker than usual since the new patch 7.2?

I seem to see this happen when one side has such an overwhelming advantage, in both ships and caps, that the game will come to a sudden end.  This suddenly occurs regardless of 1000 points being accumulated or the time running out.

Before writing this I’ve found players writing very similar posts, all describing the same sentiments as myself across World of Warships.com and other community forums.

Some sources seem to indicate that War Gaming have indeed introduced a new 'Mercy Rule'.  This apparently comes into effect when such a 'no win' scenario is reached, but I am uncertain of the exact circumstances when this is triggered, or any validation of its existence in the patch notes.

If it is true, it really is have a debilitating effect on my ability to score heavily in the late stages of a game; be it either to take advantage of good team play and mop the remaining enemy ships up or make a desperate last stand against the approaching hoards. 

It's happening too often to be mere coincidence.  The cynic in me says, this would be a good way for War Gaming to reduce the game length and ship more consumables.

Dirty Dunc

9 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,252 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, Dirty_Dunc sagte:

This suddenly occurs regardless of 1000 points being accumulated or the time running out.

then it is most likely when the enemy team falls below 0 points...

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
11 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I seem to see this happen when one side has such an overwhelming advantage, in both ships and caps, that the game will come to a sudden end.  This suddenly occurs regardless of 1000 points being accumulated or the time running out.

The losing team hit 0 points, probably because they were too "skilled" to get even one cap and then just died out so quickly noone even managed to include them into the red book

[CATS]
Players
27,241 posts
14,525 battles

Nothing was changed....

The winning condition of bringing the enemy to zero points is very old...

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
39 posts
7,749 battles
44 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

then it is most likely when the enemy team falls below 0 points...

Thank you for that info. I didn't get it either. Now a whole lot of things make sense.

Regarding the topic,  as a wot player with 5 years of experience, the games from my  perspective seem like a marathon.

Players
76 posts
11,778 battles

Thanks for your answers, 

I've been playing over three years and this started happening to me on the initial release of 7.2.  However, it's stopped now  ...

I know that certain 'very talented and special teams' don't require to cap anything, due to their 'exceptional skills' and I am aware that when the points hit zero that it's game over.  But this was somehing else that I witnessed about half a dozen times.  On all these instances, I was both sober and drug free .. honest :)

The initial reason I noticed it, is because I'm currently 'seal clubbing' in the tier 4 to boost my average damage.  As many of you know, the best time to accumalte damage is in the 'end game scenario' when you are either closing in on the remaining enemy ships or vice versa.  But, on accassion and regardless of points, the game would just suddenly end, depriving me of valuable damage and that's when I started trawling tge foums.

Either which way, it's stopped happening and it's all back to normal now .

I apologise and I'm sorry to waste your time on this one guys. :$

[CATS]
Players
27,241 posts
14,525 battles

Looks like you should pay closer attention to the scores.

There was nothing unusual going on. Replays help to understand the game...

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
2 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

The initial reason I noticed it, is because I'm currently 'seal clubbing' in the tier 4 to boost my average damage.  As many of you know, the best time to accumalte damage is in the 'end game scenario' when you are either closing in on the remaining enemy ships or vice versa.  But, on accassion and regardless of points, the game would just suddenly end, depriving me of valuable damage and that's when I started trawling tge foums.

I feel like this is advanced trolling.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,455 battles

Unfortunately was in such a battle today, team lost 2 out of 4 DDs very quickly, enemy capped all zones and then we just got killed off until, halfway through the team, my sinking got us under 0 :) In other words yes, this mechanism is in game and is there for a quite long time already, though it is not that frequently triggered.

[BANCV]
Players
45 posts
15,371 battles

idk about you, but for like last half a year half of the games either end by my team being rekt under 8 minutes or enemy team gets rekt in under 8 minutes.
20 minute games are very rare. 

Sign in to follow this