Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anonym_j17GKWzHKZAZ

An open letter to W.G...... J'accuse

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
190 posts

Someone somewhere chose to ignore the large majority of the player base on the 7th of Feb by closing and archiving the discussion on this unwanted "noise" introduced to the game. Rather than fixing known issues or trying to even attempt to listen & respond to honest, well intentioned feedback, yet again Mr Conway is at the forefront of soliciting feedback & if past actions & performance are anything to judge on, N.F.A will be taken.

 

Good luck if you even think you wil get an acknowledgement even any hint of a response..... Have you read the forums or Reddit recently with the new spin on so-called improvements under "players requested"?.

 

Within the wider player base (outside of my clan), No-one with a functioning brain, a pulse and the ability to breath requested patches or the horn, additionaly the effort expended into "April Fools"  activities takes away the quality coders/programmers that the main game so desperately needs to sort out the known issues, let alone the nerf bat applied to BB's since 0.7.2 and an admition (open letter to C.C's from Sub Octavian) that something is wrong, they are looking at it & have no date to fix.

 

This is the heart of my [edited] with W.G. There is no intelligent direction for the game over the last 4 patches, announced changes to CV play, nerf creep over T8-10 boats across the board, still no resolve to spotting mechanic's, issues with smoke and oh yes - where is the new engine that was promosed over 3 years ago?

 

This is the only game of the genre that interests me, I got over the fan boy of WG way back in W.o.T  days in BETA testing & have been with WoW since 2015 and I call B.S on this continued mis-management of a damned good game with so much potential.

 

The last 2 patches have dumped this game into "camp & spam",,,,, coupled with the plans to bring the IJN "super DD" in to combat BB players, reinforces the lack of thought, QA-QC (you know likw is a basic of the IT industry in general?)

 

I am venting in the forlorn hope that someone in WG up the food chain (above C.C. level) will ..... nah forget it - Fairies dont exist either

Edited by anonym_j17GKWzHKZAZ
grammar corection
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles

As if camping where new....

 

As long as you put your patch feedback into the feedback threads, it does not get ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
341 posts
11,249 battles

I think the major reason reworks have not been done is because of the ancient game engin. They really seemed to build this game on a budget compared to the millions in profit they make every year. Hopefully they are spending there time making or transferring a the game into a new game engin as its current stability is just disgraceful compared to WGs competitors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TAP-]
Players
118 posts
11,015 battles

Well, for some reason I have been name "best troll of this game"( this was the reason given to me, with a blank link) and been given a warning...I guess speaking form pass experience here can be class as rule breaking...or maybe I am not the type to spend all my money on their games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
190 posts
On 14/03/2018 at 12:53 PM, ColonelPete said:

As if camping where new....

 

As long as you put your patch feedback into the feedback threads, it does not get ignored.

I call BS on this - sorry - appreciate your p.o.v. but are you for real??? It has to be something of biblical proportion to even get an acknowledgement, let alone action....... look at their track record FFS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,027 posts
16,627 battles
On 14/03/2018 at 12:38 PM, WarthogABZ said:

Within the wider player base (outside of my clan), No-one with a functioning brain, a pulse and the ability to breath requested patches or the horn, additionaly the effort expended into "April Fools"  activities takes away the quality coders/programmers that the main game so desperately needs to sort out the known issues, let alone the nerf bat applied to BB's since 0.7.2 and an admition (open letter to C.C's from Sub Octavian) that something is wrong, they are looking at it & have no date to fix.

Well, let's assume that the playerbase of WoWs is a large number of dedicated players and a significant group of casuals who come and go pretty frequently. The latter group will probably enjoy the more frivolous events and features and the customisation, and WG needs them to keep coming in and playing, in the hope that 5% of them will stick around and continue to replenish the dedicated playerbase. I don't have a problem with it. 

 

As for the nerf bat? I've been away but I've not seen it in the few games played.... by the sounds of it there was an unintentional change which allowed a few well-protected ships to be citadelled more often. They'll fix it, but they have to fix it properly (which means checking the fix doesn't break something else). I don't know how many IT projects you've been involved in but pushing out rapid fixes without proper testing is a recipe for disaster. At best what they can do is to back out the last change... maybe they don't see it as that much of a problem, just something that the players can adapt to in the interim?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
190 posts
On 24/03/2018 at 10:49 AM, invicta2012 said:

They'll fix it, but they have to fix it properly (which means checking the fix doesn't break something else). I don't know how many IT projects you've been involved in but pushing out rapid fixes without proper testing is a recipe for disaster. At best what they can do is to back out the last change... maybe they don't see it as that much of a problem, just something that the players can adapt to in the interim?

I have 18 years as an "operations" Project Manager within both Finance & HR. before I got a haircut & a real job.

 

  • WG have NEVER fixed anything properly in their existance
  • I would relish the chance to enforce "best practice" into WG's IT environment - I can assure you they would not like it at the start
  • your last 2 comments, well status quo really. they dont care & meh - its onl;y the player base after all........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles

Remember the UI bug that made your mouse aim unsyncronized to your target reticle?

They fixed that in one day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
4,027 posts
16,627 battles
3 hours ago, WarthogABZ said:

your last 2 comments, well status quo really. they dont care & meh - its onl;y the player base after all........

No, just speaking as someone who likes playing cruisers. If a BB happens to get an accidental nerf which means its citadel is slightly more vulnerable.... you can take that on board and play a little differently to compensate. Is not the end of the world, and goodness knows you're still better protected that someone driving a Cruiser at the same Tier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
1,639 posts
3,641 battles
14 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Remember the UI bug that made your mouse aim unsyncronized to your target reticle?

They fixed that in one day...

Remember the bug with the "Enable ship horns" option introduced into the game several patches ago ? Oh wait ... it's still in the game !!!

 

Port filter for rental ships still MIA, yet they introduce filter for the Space battles crap right away ... Port lagging as hell/bad performance for years. Useless News section reminder that cannot be turned off. No visible Collection status except when you finished the collection (you cannot tell the expired ones that you have no way to finish anymore) ... the list could go on ...

 

All of those are trivial fixes that should have been thought about at the design stage, let alone testing ... Reported and requested by users actually ...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Is this really about the ship horns? Seriously?

 

All other things you mentioned, aside from the CV rework, are not even true, which is kind of funny when you try to sound competent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
1,639 posts
3,641 battles
On 3/29/2018 at 8:24 AM, LilJumpa said:

Is this really about the ship horns? Seriously?

 

All other things you mentioned, aside from the CV rework, are not even true, which is kind of funny when you try to sound competent.

there's actually quite a long list of things MIA for fixes and features ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×