MetalMessia

Usn commander for DDs

11 comments in this topic

[-MMI-]
Players
2 posts
4,918 battles

So, i just started playing, and i got the Kappa commander. I mainly play dd, and i wanted to use him on them. Now, i like setting up fires, but i feel like usn dds are more for dd killing, rather than else, so i'm really unsure about commander's skills. Any help would be very much appreciated

[ARYA]
Players
597 posts
15,596 battles

if you want to grind captain up to Gearing (the T-X USN-DD) this is Flamu's build 

https://youtu.be/1swk_WoYTeU?t=20m18s

and this is what i am trying to specialize my captain 

PM 

LS TA

SE BFT

CE RPF

(or TAE+PT instead of RPF not sure yet)

• Cool 2

Players
10,087 posts
11,852 battles

PT, LS, SE, CE, TAE, BFT, SI, nicely complement multipurpose character of Freedom Destroyers

• Cool 2

[ARYA]
Players
597 posts
15,596 battles
10 hours ago, Panocek said:

PT, LS, SE, CE, TAE, BFT, SI, nicely complement multipurpose character of Freedom Destroyers

have you used TA on any DD captain specially on USN ?

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I tend to use PT, LS, SE, CE, BFT, AR, (either TAE, SI or DE) and then PM. Only Gearing is a bit different since I hate the range on the torpedoes and thus have torpedo acceleration.

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

Only Fletcher and Gearing can realistically use TA without it crippling their range. On Fletcher I decided not to use it, the torps are solid all-rounders anyway, don't have gearing yet.

The general builds above are great for everything. You don't need DE to set fires, the rate of fire completely makes up for that, so there's no compromise needed between burning BBs and DD hunting. Just dakka-dakka everything :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[SOCKS]
Players
790 posts
5,620 battles

I personally consider RDF as a huge waste of 4 useful points for randoms. For ranked/clan battles however is useful.

My current fletcher captain (16 points) has:

T1- PT-PM: Knowing how many enemies are targeting you is key to know when you can keep on massacring that DD you just found, and when you need to bug out ASAP. PM obviously helps limiting critical damages.

T2: AR-LS: Extra rate of fire is always welcome and if you get crippled in an early push for a cap with AR at least you can try to be a (quite useful) torpedo boat with very good reload times. Last Stand needs no explanation, a DD captain without it is just epic fail.

T3: SE-SI: In a DD you can use any hp you can grab. Another must for DD captains IMHO. Superintendent is also obvious: more smokes...and more Def AA.

T4- CE: staple for DD builds (with the possible exception of russian speed gunboats), no need to explain it.

Last 3 points when I have them will go to either BFT or DE. Still undecided, both are very good. Probably will go for DE. Main gun reload is already prodigious enough and I'd rather have extra fire chances than a 10% increased ROF. But I guess both can work well. I'll decide when I have the points :P.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
46 minutes ago, RAMJB said:

I personally consider RDF as a huge waste of 4 useful points for randoms. For ranked/clan battles however is useful.
[...]

Last 3 points when I have them will go to either BFT or DE. Still undecided, both are very good. Probably will go for DE. Main gun reload is already prodigious enough and I'd rather have extra fire chances than a 10% increased ROF. But I guess both can work well. I'll decide when I have the points :P.

I agree that for randoms it is a waste. With experience and skill you can easily deduct where the enemy will be without actually getting it marked on your screen. During competitive play it is different since 100% certainty of someones location is too advantageous to drop. For randoms I would rather have skills that directly help me during the fight than a skill that helps me predict things I can already predict.

I tend to go for both BFT and DE, both increase the amount of dps you can push out. In my experience I use these 2 skills basically every game. But SI is more situational. It isn't often that I run out of smokes. BUT I do run premium consumables.