Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord0

Give all cruisers heal?

95 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ARYA]
Players
611 posts
15,704 battles

they do have from T-IX

 

you cant take the advantage of RN CL cause they dont have armor !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,859 posts
14,121 battles

Much as I would personally love to have heal on just about everything (I'm too rubbish to avoid getting shot. A lot.), objectively, I'm a 'no' too - if all cruisers had heal, it would reduce variability in the game, which is probably not a Good Thing.

Besides which, everything that gets a new heal would get nerfed somewhere else, so they would no longer be the ships we know (and like?)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
8 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

they do have from T-IX

 

you cant take the advantage of RN CL cause they dont have armor !

This is what made me think of it. Been playing the Leander and it's nice to be able to top up a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

No. Cruisers are a bit harder to play but they have the tools to avoid damage, so while I know not everyone agrees with me, I don't think they need help in this area. Also my experience with RN CLs tells me heal isn't as helpful as people expect, since if you screw up in a cruiser you are taking a lot of (usually AP) damage very quickly, something heal doesn't really help with.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,096 posts
22,124 battles

I'd say it should depend on Cruiser type and role... So CL's should all have Some kind of a smoke instead, if heal then no more than 1 charge. CA's on the other hand should have a heal with 2 charges while BB's would still maintain their edge with 3 charges each.:cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
On 3/12/2018 at 3:14 PM, Verblonde said:

Much as I would personally love to have heal on just about everything (I'm too rubbish to avoid getting shot. A lot.), objectively, I'm a 'no' too - if all cruisers had heal, it would reduce variability in the game, which is probably not a Good Thing.

Besides which, everything that gets a new heal would get nerfed somewhere else, so they would no longer be the ships we know (and like?)...

I see what you're saying. Here comes my 2 cents...

 

1) I think the ability to heal should supersede goals of variability: all ships can stop fires, flooding etc. Most ships can shoot main guns etc. I think giving all ships (yes maybe even dd and CV) a heal should be in the realm of "default". I realise this game isn't historical but history abounds with tales of brave, non BB, crews valiantly saving their ships.

 

"Besides which, everything that gets a new heal would get nerfed somewhere else, so they would no longer be the ships we know (and like?)..."

 

2) Yes this could/would be an issue but I suspect for most it wouldn't be; Im not suggesting Conqueror level zombie heals, it could be tunable per line etc and used as balancing characteristic.

 

On 3/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, RAHJAILARI said:

I'd say it should depend on Cruiser type and role... So CL's should all have Some kind of a smoke instead, if heal then no more than 1 charge. CA's on the other hand should have a heal with 2 charges while BB's would still maintain their edge with 3 charges each.:cap_old:

Yes. It could be used as a balancing characteristic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
25 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Give all cruisers heal? Yes or no.

 

Tis a yes from me

Yes.  I think it would be a nice tool for WG to use in balancing Cruisers strength and play style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
341 posts
11,258 battles

Personally I dont think that cruisers need a kind of buff like this, t8, I agree that they should have heals (but if that is done, they should buff the atagos one for power creep reasons) Most cruisers bellow t8 are not known to be tanky at all, u will often be nuked or just tickled by over pens, and having a non zombie like heal makes no real sense. Cruisers dont need any buffs, the main issue with the game is bb over crowding, and for that to change we need to increase the population of cvs, by nerfing all AA across the bord, to make the aa more balanced across ships, and reduce plan hp, add more plans to squads and fix broken UIs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
16 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Personally I dont think that cruisers need a kind of buff like this, t8, I agree that they should have heals (but if that is done, they should buff the atagos one for power creep reasons) Most cruisers bellow t8 are not known to be tanky at all, u will often be nuked or just tickled by over pens, and having a non zombie like heal makes no real sense. Cruisers dont need any buffs, the main issue with the game is bb over crowding, and for that to change we need to increase the population of cvs, by nerfing all AA across the bord, to make the aa more balanced across ships, and reduce plan hp, add more plans to squads and fix broken UIs.

Thanks for replying

 

1) "Most cruisers bellow t8 are not known to be tanky at all, u will often be nuked or just tickled by over pens, and having a non zombie like heal makes no real sense."

 

Cruisers also take a lot of "repairable" damage from HE spamming DDs and other cruisers. 

 

2) "Cruisers dont need any buffs" - personally I think cruisers are the class in most need of buffs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,909 posts
27,695 battles

No. Especially no to all T8 cruisers with heal as that will screw all those poor T7 and T6 cruisers. Maybe if WG wanted to differentiate  CLs and CAs they could give it to CAs but that will require some changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T_D_G]
Players
389 posts
9,558 battles
1 hour ago, Lord0 said:

Give all cruisers heal? Yes or no.

 

Tis a yes from me

Play UK cruisers if you want a heal ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
35 posts

Disagree. Not everything should be playable the same way, otherwise there's no point in having different lines. Heal is part of those difference in gameplay. Now, I'm not much of a cruiser player myself, more BB, but it's a bit like asking, should all BB have 460mm cannon like Yammato? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people here who would disagree, and for good reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,433 posts
8,371 battles

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
5 minutes ago, B010011A said:

Play UK cruisers if you want a heal ;)

I do (which is what gave me the "idea"). Pity my eight year old daughter could kick her way through their belt armour 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles
36 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

personally I think cruisers are the class in most need of buffs. 

 

 

Unfortunately many people agree with you but I stand firmly by my opinion that this is simply not the case. If there is a perceived problem with cruiser play something else about the game meta needs to change, but a big direct buff is a lazy solution.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
1 minute ago, VC381 said:

 

Unfortunately many people agree with you but I stand firmly by my opinion that this is simply not the case. If there is a perceived problem with cruiser pkay something else about the game meta needs to change, but a big direct buff is a lazy solution.

I see what you're saying. 

 

Yes, at the end of the day the most broken aspect of this game is CV play but I still feel the class in need of most love are cruisers.

 

However, I did ponder the idea of all ships having some level of heal. So not so much a "big direct buff" to cruisers but a mechanic that all ships can use to one degree or another. As a non CV player, for example, it seems ridiculous that these monsters can't heal to some extent. Again use as a core balance stat, like range, HP, dpm etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,665 posts
6,400 battles

The thing about cruisers, though... Most of them are fairly well balanced against each other, and I think the matchup of cruisers vs. DDs is pretty well balanced as well. The main problem facing cruisers is that they are bigger and less maneuverable than destroyers, while having citadels. Giving them healing isn't really going to do anything with the cruiser-vs-battleship balance (because you can't really heal much of AP citadel damage anyway).

 

I think the big issue driving down the number of people playing cruisers is their fragility vs. battleships, and I'm not sure how you can buff them against BBs without at the same time making them ludicrously powerful vs. DDs. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,859 posts
14,121 battles
6 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Giving T8 CAs a heal is fine. If it's in the same slot as the radar. :Smile_Default:

That might not be a colossally bad idea: that would give players an actual hard decision to make, and increase variability in the game...?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

That might not be a colossally bad idea: that would give players an actual hard decision to make, and increase variability in the game...?

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×