WoWs reboots comp

6 comments in this topic

Question

[BFT]
Players
4 posts
1,326 battles

Hi All,

Been having a serious issue with WoWs for the last 1 - 2 weeks. I got a new computer about a month ago, everything was running fine without issues and I don't remember if I did any driver or game updates at the time this started. 

What occurs is that the computer makes a hard reboot when running the game, time it takes for the reboot to initiate is somewhere between 2 - 5 minutes into the game, sometimes even in port with no BSOD. I have stress tested the computer with several bench and stress test softwares without issues or crashes. Last night I got really tired of it and did a clean install of Win 10, have only installed WoWs and the latest Nvidia drivers and the problem persist as before. Windows logs only shows sudden loss of power, no real other error pointing to something specific. 

Battlefield 1 on highest settings runs just fine, haven't had time to test any other games except for subnautica as well which runs fine as well, haven't seen any temp issues either.

Will take the comp apart again, reset the GPU and check connections, rollback GPU drivers to an older version and also run some other games to test with.

I was however hoping the community had a couple of suggestions or clues to what could be the issue. 

Any ides and suggestions will be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Specs

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7 GHz 12MB
EVGA 980TI
(2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Vengeance
2 x 240gb Kingston SSD
Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W Gold 
ASUS PRIME Z370-A                                 
be quiet! Pure Rock COU cooler 

5 answers to this question

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,264 battles

What about other games or anything that produces a scenario of constantly changing performance demand? Benchmarks as far as I know mostly fail to reproduce this.

[BFT]
Players
4 posts
1,326 battles

Battlefield 1 runs fine, just tested World of Tanks and WoT crashes as well. I'm downloading PUBG and Warframe to see how these run, any suggestions on anything specific I should test? 

Opened the pc up quickly and reset GPU, RAM, checked the CPU cooler and made sure all cables where plugged in properly. I've also rolled back the GPU drivers to an earlier version after a clean removal of the drivers, only installed Nvidia drivers and physX. 

WoWs ran fine for 3 battles after this, then rebooted again at the end of the 3rd. 

Have now tested PUBG which also runs as it should, no crashes after an hour of runtime. 

Thanks for replying

Edited by Morzuz
Update

[BFT]
Players
4 posts
1,326 battles

Yes, updated to the latest version when the issue started so I'm running the lastest BIOS firmware. 

Thanks for the suggestion 

[BFT]
Players
4 posts
1,326 battles

Found that they did have a new BIOS, released 9th of March so I've updated the BIOS again. I also received a reply from wargaming on my ticket where they instructed me to disable win10 game mode through the reg editor and to disable fullscreen optimization for all exe files for the game. 

This has been done but unfortunatley the error remains, tested a couple of other games and they run perfectly fine. Also did additional stress tests, non were able to crash or reboot the system. 

Not really sure what to do next, any feedback is appreciated, thanks again. 

Sign in to follow this