Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rokko1v

yamato secondary build?

7 comments in this topic

Players
138 posts

ahoy,
i was wondering how much sense a yamato secondary build would make.
the idea that a ship, that is a beast by default such as the yamato, could just sail past dds and melt them without  the use of main guns...while still remaining powerful, does amuse me.
take the 3 modules that are for secondaries plus advanced firing training and manual secondary control?
or would the viability of the ship suffer too much?

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
4 minutes ago, Rokko1v said:

ahoy,
i was wondering how much sense a yamato secondary build would make.(...)

The main problem is that Yama/Mutsu secondaries are very fast anihilated by HE spam.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

I'd go camo build, more useful more often.

could just sail past dds and melt them without  the use of main guns

i-believe-i-can-fly-no-idiot-you-cant-22

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

The minor and situational advantages offered are just too heavily offset by what you'd have to give up. To get AFT and MS you're basically giving up CE and FP, skills that would be far more useful far more often in tier 10 games where you'll be heavily punished for lacking them. The playstyle that you'll encourage yourself to adopt in order to use your secondaries combined with an unstealthy, non-survival build is unfortunately a recipe for disaster in a T10 BB.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
656 posts
7,373 battles
50 minutes ago, Rokko1v said:

ahoy,
i was wondering how much sense a yamato secondary build would make.
the idea that a ship, that is a beast by default such as the yamato, could just sail past dds and melt them without  the use of main guns...while still remaining powerful, does amuse me.
take the 3 modules that are for secondaries plus advanced firing training and manual secondary control?
or would the viability of the ship suffer too much?

I did try the secondary build on Yamato a long time ago.

Unfortunately it did not bring too much benefit - as it was very situational for the Yamato playstyle.

There are a lot of HE threat for big BBs in the current meta, therefore most of the specialization I use on Yamato are revolving around survival. To be honest I fully appreciate Flamu's Yamato build that I use now.

(little diversion from the topic: do not get me wrong, a secondary build Yamato is FUN to play, however in Random there are few occasions when it can shine... - IF the game would allow to own the same ship multiple times, so having two Yamatos in the port, I may have considered a FUN edition to invest into... but that is an expensive fun (Captain + Modules))

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this