You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MarsL001

invisible torps and ships

52 comments in this topic

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles

this invisible [edited] needs to be outlawed in this game

its [edited]unfair to the green team , all the redteam is doing is being invisible 90% of ANY game

thats just straightup [edited] , being shot out of the water by an invisible set of torps??  ....REALLY??

THIS crap NEEDS TO STOP ASAP

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

4,204 posts
8,761 battles

Sooooooo you were torped by a stealth DD? That sounds as working as intended? Or do you have any replays so we can take a look for something fishy?

Greetings

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WGB]
Players
193 posts
2,579 battles

Can you provide an image of these invisible ships, or we can only presume you are not being honest.

• Boring 1

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles

excusse me??  why do you think i take the time to "report "this nonsence  here ??  because i dont have anything better to do?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
306 posts
5,559 battles
6 minutes ago, MarsL001 said:

its [edited]unfair to the green team , all the redteam is doing is being invisible 90% of ANY game

that goes both ways

• Funny 1

[WGB]
Players
193 posts
2,579 battles
5 minutes ago, MarsL001 said:

this invisible [edited] needs to be outlawed in this game

thats just straightup [edited] , being shot out of the water by an invisible set of torps??  ....REALLY??

[Edited] = Boner

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles

its just redicuelas having to fight against ships that are invisible ALL the time more or less

or make it so that the green team can do the same ,.. or outlaw the redteam from being invisible ;) 

thats just straight up cheating

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[WGB]
Players
193 posts
2,579 battles
Just now, MarsL001 said:

its just redicuelas having to fight against ships that are invisible ALL the time more or less

or make it so that the green team can do the same ,.. or outlaw the redteam from being invisible ;) 

thats just straight up cheating

The Red players in CO OP are cheats, I would name n shame them but i will probably get banned. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

4,204 posts
8,761 battles
1 minute ago, MarsL001 said:

excusse me??  why do you think i take the time to "report "this nonsence  here ??  because i dont have anything better to do?

Look I don't mean to talk down on you in any way or matter, I just go for the basic way of trouble shooting in such a case:

- You see a issue with which you are not familiar with

- You come to the forum an ASK for help (instead of throwing accusations around, although I understand that you might be upset about said 'incident')

- With a screenshot or a replay (NOT: report) we can determine if and what's afoul.

BUT: Judging from your last comment

or make it so that the green team can do the same

I get that you haven't understood the basic concept on how visibility (or invisibility) in this game works. Because: It works for your team too!

Please read up on it, because every ship has it's own 'invisibilty' (=concealment) values. But since you a) play mostly CoOP and b) mostly cruisers it's quite easy to miss these basic game mechanics of well played destroyers.

Greetings

• Cool 2

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles

look if it was an incident?  ... i wouldnt even be here making " accusations " ,..... ive been playing this game for a couple of years now ;)

but lately?

its nothing else but invisible enemies  FacePalm

its like having a race ,.. you get a tricycle and i get a motorcycle ................ not really fair now is it

Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

OP. I'd advice you to learn more about game mechanics. Simply put: there is a circle around every ship. Enemies outside it can't see you. On the line or inside can. And v.v. Lot of DD's and even some cruisers have a bigger torp range than that circle.

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
10 minutes ago, MarsL001 said:

Believe it or not, it seems like a lot of people open such threads for exactely this reason...

Make screenshots or - even better - record replays so people on this forum can actually help you. I have yet to "see" invisible enemies when there was no explanation according to the game mechanics.

Btw: You know that from an enemy's point of view the colours are reversed, don't you?

• Cool 1

4,204 posts
8,761 battles

look if it was an incident?  ... i wouldnt even be here making " accusations " ,..... ive been playing this game for a couple of years now ;)

So? I've met players on T10 with 5000 and more battles that played for a couple of years too but still have NO CLUE whatsoever how the core game mechanics work. And to a certain degree I don't blame neither them nor you. The game mechanics are not that tricky, but the information about said mechanics is sometimes hard to get hold on.

That being said, let me expand on why I asked for a screenshot or replay: Right now I don't know what 'invisibilties' you mean. Is it the not rendering after a ship gets spotted and it get's unspotted before the rendering process is finished? Is it the ship in smoke that's not detectable for you/your teammates? Or is it simply (since you have a few random battles played), that you ran into extremely skilled players at T3/T4/T5 that know how the game works and use all the rules and tools available to outplay you.

Just a reminder: It's not a shame to say. Oh, I don't know XYZ. It's just human. And if you ask nicely, we're here to help (especially players that want to know whats up).

Greetings

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles

i see where this is going ;) 

well it was fun while it lasted , but i can not play this game any longer then  ,.. such a waste of 3 years playing

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,284 posts
13,012 battles
Just now, Tungstonid said:

Believe it or not, it seems like a lot of people open such threads for exactely this reason...

Make screenshots or - even better - record replays so people on this forum can actually help you. I have yet to "see" invisible enemies when there was no explanation according to the game mechanics.

So... is recording a replay and uploading it somehow easier than understanding the mechanics of concealment and torps in the game...? :Smile_sceptic:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

OP plays 99% PvE battles with almost exclusively the St Louis.
Tries his hand at PvP, gets shreked, complains that torpedoes OP

Yeah.
Well...

Sorry to say this, but either stay on PvE's retardo bot mode, or learn to actually play the game.

well it was fun while it lasted , but i can not play this game any longer then  ,.. such a waste of 3 years playing

DDs have always been able to do this.
You've just been playing a game mode where they YOLO charge forward and die in the first 2 minutes.

4,204 posts
8,761 battles

Wait what? Instead of learning how this game works you decide to drop it? Uhmmm ok... you do you....

Greetings

• Funny 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
2 minutes ago, MarsL001 said:

How you managed to go 3 years and learn absolutely nothing  about how the game works is beyond me

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

So... is recording a replay and uploading it somehow easier than understanding the mechanics of concealment and torps in the game...? :Smile_sceptic:

It certainly helps forum users here to assess the exact situations OP has a problem with and point him in the right direction what to look up or even explain it to him on this very example.

As @Allied_Winter said, until now it is hard to get what exactely OP's problem is. Is it the spotting mechanics in general, smoke mechanics, break of line of sight via islands, the rare case of stealth firing or does his game not work properely and doesn't render enemies?

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles
8 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

OP plays 99% PvE battles with almost exclusively the St Louis.
Tries his hand at PvP, gets shreked, complains that torpedoes OP

Yeah.
Well...

Sorry to say this, but either stay on PvE's retardo bot mode, or learn to actually play the game.

DDs have always been able to do this.
You've just been playing a game mode where they YOLO charge forward and die in the first 2 minutes.

i NEVER yolo forwards  ,.. specially not in the first two minutes , i wait until atleast some enemies are visible on the map

4,204 posts
8,761 battles

i NEVER yolo forwards  ,.. specially not in the first two minutes , i wait until atleast some enemies are visible on the map

That doesn't change the fact that CoOp is fought against bots that display close to no teamwork and rush towards the nearest enemy player (so from the bot's perspective: the human players, so you) and open fire.

Now, since you don't seem to graps what the underlying problem here is: You do know that there's a difference between CoOp and Random battles?

Greetings

• Cool 1

[PGTIP]
Players
11 posts
2,963 battles

so if i like the st louis ,.. im a noob??  thats just great then

i absolutelly loved this game ;) and yes i like the co-op    makes me a noob aswell??  come on now

the reason why i dont like the random games?  is because its unfair  ... is all

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1