Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TigerMoth

Dolphins and now Sealand Port?

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

And it's not even April 1st. WTF is going on?

They claim players asked for this port? I imagine that even if this statement were true, that there are far more important and numerous requests for other things that should be worked on before this.

• Cool 1

Players
3,769 posts
7,462 battles
23 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

They claim players asked for this port? I imagine that even if this statement were true, that there are far more important and numerous requests for other things that should be worked on before this.

My guess is they're getting ready for some kind of April fools event, odd of them to trail it in advance though.

Hopefully they won't screw it up like last year.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,346 posts
7,884 battles

wg should just release the special "space" event themed thing we had a couple years ago and put all this effort and time they are wasting at the moment into fixing some of the problems with the game

• Funny 1

[BS4]
Players
923 posts
5,698 battles
2 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

wg should just release the special "space" event themed thing we had a couple years ago and put all this effort and time they are wasting at the moment into fixing some of the problems with the game

totally agree...

• Cool 1

1,548 posts
10,142 battles

I like to troll around but on serious note:

I dont know if it is worse, to spend all this time to get dolphins for just one event????

Or if you actually implement this crap before u-boats?.... Anyways, its going down way faster than i predicted, ill give you that :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

Players
453 posts
9,936 battles

They should just announce something about CV rework and do nothing.

Oh that happened already.

Could we have a better April's fool prank than that? ^^

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
1 hour ago, TigerMoth said:

there are far more important and numerous requests for other things

Different departments. Game balance and technical solutions have nothing to do with graphics and sound design.

Keeping the creative departments occupied is important, as lack of tasks can quickly lead to problems.

• Cool 2

1,548 posts
10,142 battles
15 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Different departments. Game balance and technical solutions have nothing to do with graphics and sound design.

Keeping the creative departments occupied is important, as lack of tasks can quickly lead to problems.

Isnt balance department included in this project? You know balancing Edited  etc?

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
15 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Isnt balance department included in this project? You know balancing Edited  etc?

That one is taking an extended holiday, the current balancing is done by monkeys flinging excrement against a wall.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,650 posts
2,443 battles
23 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

Cmon, thats not fair. Sealand is after all an important nation when it comes to a naval game. Which other nation can boast that it exists purely due to arcane international maritime laws?

I can also neither confirm nor deny that Sealand offered a free passport and Earldom to  @Crysantos in return for implementation in the game.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

No mention of the best part: Archimedes's Death Rays? Pretty sure it a prelude to the Greek Tree. (Wasn't aware that Syracuse was part of the British empire, nor that the empire existed at that time, but what do I know :Smile_hiding:)

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/quicker-than-a-ray-of-light/

Sneak peek of the Tier X BB:

Spoiler

arxaia-ellinistiki-pentiris.jpg.da6b0cc3feed2e1d18ab09f4317e75df.jpg

• Funny 1

[KURLA]
Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

Greek fire would be fun as it can't be extinguished. Dem beebee tears...

• Funny 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,707 battles
On 2018. 03. 11. at 6:58 PM, beercrazy said:

Screw space theme!

I WANT BATHTUB!!!!!!!!

• Cool 1

Players
34 posts
4,504 battles

I reckon the Archimedes Death ray event will be monitored closely as it will allow WG to stealthily test the  Russian tier X BB's main armament and work on its stats :cap_haloween:

Maybe they'll end up something like this?

"Fire chance 100%"

"Sigma           10.0"

"Rate of Fire   30 rounds per minute"

"Velocity         9000 kilometres per second"

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
427 posts
3 hours ago, Turin7 said:

Sneak peak of the Tier X BB:

Reveal hidden contents

arxaia-ellinistiki-pentiris.jpg.da6b0cc3feed2e1d18ab09f4317e75df.jpg

Wouldn't that be more like the Tier X Cruiser and the Tier X Battleship be something like the Tessarakonteres? And I know that was Egyptian, but the Ptolemys were descended from one of Alexander the Great's Generals, so close enough, even if the ancient Greeks didn't think much of Macedon.

Actually this could work... 

DD = Lighter Hellenistic warships with maybe one siege engine and their primary weapon being their ram, which is the only weapon that can cause flooding.

CL/CA = Medium sized Hellenistic warships, some of which still have a ram, but which is much more difficult to use with their extra size affecting their visibility and agility. But they have multiple siege engines and can engage at longer range than the ram-focussed lighter ships, and are agile enough to evade those ships trying to ram them.

BB = The super-heavy Hellenistic warships, which were built almost as much for prestige as for practical measures. Not able to dodge ramming attempts without a lot more luck than the smaller ships need and rather slow targets for other ships siege engines, but can take a lot of damage and have massed batteries of smaller siege engines and archers to discourage ramming attacks and large slow-firing long-ranged siege engines to rain destruction down on their foes.

CV = Okay, got nothing, unless we emulate the abilities through having a ship full of priests and the sort of active divine intervention the Greek myths had.

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
234 posts
12,430 battles
15 hours ago, Johmie said:

CV = Okay, got nothing, unless we emulate the abilities through having a ship full of priests and the sort of active divine intervention the Greek myths had.

Icarus, learn your classics.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,498 posts
5,961 battles
On 11/03/2018 at 9:08 PM, Boris_MNE said:

Or if you actually implement this crap before u-boats?.... Anyways, its going down way faster than i predicted, ill give you that :Smile_medal:

on a totally different subject..

Do you think that WG will ever put submarines in the game? Unless they decide that the game is on life support and they need something to save it from dying!

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
427 posts

Daedalus, since unlike his son Icarus he wasn't stupid enough to fly too close to the sun during their escape from imprisonment. And possibly allow these birdmen to have Diomedes' shield, which could act as a flamethrower.

[XODUS]
Players
791 posts
4,741 battles
10 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Now they're adding flying saucers: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/a-ufo-party/

I'm starting to suspect this is all a bluff to hide the details of the real April fools event.

@MrConway just rename the Minotaur in that "photo" to HMS Thunderchild and you can take my money
i mean come on it even looks right in that shot

Image result for hms thunderchild

Image result for hms thunderchild

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,707 battles
5 hours ago, Johmie said:

Daedalus, since unlike his son Icarus he wasn't stupid enough to fly too close to the sun during their escape from imprisonment. And possibly allow these birdmen to have Diomedes' shield, which could act as a flamethrower.

Wazzup daaawg?

latest?cb=20110413225945

Sign in to follow this