Best premium xp boost item

13 comments in this topic

Question

[HUN-T]
Players
6 posts
2,169 battles

Hello all!

I just wanted to ask, what is the best option in premium store now, to boost my xp? Recently i bought "The sailmaker's deal" pack, but i'm running out of it (and it was just 50% boost anyway). :( I tought that i'm gonna buy the full flag package, but it's containing too much non economic flags. Not worth the price (for me at least). I just want to boost my xp the best i can. Base and free xp too. So my next thought was to buy "Woman's day" camo, but it's just in (max. of) 50 package. And i'm not sure worth to buy like 4 of them for 40+ eur. :/ Next option is "Viva La france" camo in 200 package for 30 eur or so. But it's just adds 75% boost if i recall that correct. It's a pity that there is no flag packages like "Red Dragon" or "Ouroboros" :(  What is your best suggestion guys? I don't have exact money limit, but i don't want to spend (waste) too much (pointless) money either. Thanks for your suggestions!

O3EE

12 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
1 hour ago, O3EE said:

I have premium account already. I'm very far from rushing :D I'm not able to play so much, so i have to compensate with these premium things. I have 60-70 hours in the game since this january. I played 80-90% of my battles co-op, because i don't like dancing around the maps edge, and i get really upset when my teammates not helping each other, and playing for stats/self survive. That is strictly just my own opinion. I'm at Gneisenau (tier VII), so i have to gather 120 or 130.000 xp to gain access to Bismarck. Thats gonna be a really, really long time for me :) Usually i'm just playing for the fun, not for HC battles and stats. And i want to experience/try CA-DD lines too, because i like torpedo gameplay as well. But as you probably know, co-op battles gives you much less xp than random. I play randoms too nowadays (because xp reasons), but i play co-op more. So the woman's day camo is the best choice?

You should look for the current weekly missions and specials and try to complete those if possible. Those always have camos or signals as rewards.

Same goes for the campaigns.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Campaigns

Many of those are easy to do and give nice rewards.

Also check out the CoOp Missions like the current Operation Hermes

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Scenarios

There are a lot of different camos with bonuses to XP in the game. Most of those are rewards for above mentioned  special missions/campaigns and some can be bought, although you really have to want those because they are rather expensive.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage

Same is true for special signal flags which have XP bonusses.

List of Special Signals
Flag Name Associated Achievement Sale Price Historical Meaning Effect
PCEF020_Blue_Dragon_Flag.png
Dragon Flag None 45,000Credits "Naval elite."
  • +333% Commander XP earned for the battle.
PCEF021_Wyvern_Flag.png
Wyvern None 45,000Credits  
  • +50% credits earned for the battle.
PCEF022_Red_Dragon_Flag.png
Red Dragon None 45,000Credits  
  • +100% XP earned for the battle.
  • +100% Commander XP earned for the battle.
PCEF023_Ouroboros_Flag.png
Ouroboros None 45,000Credits  
  • +777% Free XP earned for the battle.
PCEF024_Hydra_Flag.png
Hydra None 45,000Credits  
  • +50% XP earned for the battle.
  • +150% Commander XP earned for the battle.
  • +250% Free XP earned for the battle.

The daily containers can have normal signal flags but there is only one that has ship XP bonusses. If you want to stack on those your best bet is to chose signal and camo daily containers:

List of Economic Signals
Flag Name Associated Achievement Sale Price Historical Meaning Effect
PCEF011_IB3_SignalFlag.png
India Bravo Terrathree It's Just a Flesh Wound 3,000Credits "I have not received any damage."
  • -10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle repair.
PCEF004_ZH_SignalFlag.png
Zulu Hotel Confederate 4,500Credits "Exercise has been completed."
  • +50% Commander XP earned for the battle.
PCEF003_EqualSpeed_SignalFlag.png
Equal Speed Charlie London Kraken Unleashed! 12,000Credits A well-known signal of the Royal Navy.
  • +50% XP earned for the battle.
PCEF001_Zulu_SignalFlag.png
Zulu First Blood 6,000Credits The legendary signal of the Imperial Japanese Navy.
  • +20% credits earned for the battle.
PCEF002_PP_SignalFlag.png
Papa Papa Solo Warrior 6,000Credits "Keep well clear of me."
  • +300% Free XP earned for the battle.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,916 battles

If you play more than just a few battles each day, premium time might be the best choice.

Or even better: premium time + camos because the bonuses stack.

And for the choice of camos, Woman's day is best for more XP.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,142 battles

You're a new player already stepping into tiers far above what you should be currently playing. There is no need to rush to get tier 10, they will be there a year from now aswell. Stay at lower tiers, learn the game.

And Premium account is your best XP boost, but you, of course, can combine it with signal flags & camos. And yes, non-economy signals can be and are very important, don't skip on those

• Cool 1

[HUN-T]
Players
6 posts
2,169 battles

I have premium account already. I'm very far from rushing :D I'm not able to play so much, so i have to compensate with these premium things. I have 60-70 hours in the game since this january. I played 80-90% of my battles co-op, because i don't like dancing around the maps edge, and i get really upset when my teammates not helping each other, and playing for stats/self survive. That is strictly just my own opinion. I'm at Gneisenau (tier VII), so i have to gather 120 or 130.000 xp to gain access to Bismarck. Thats gonna be a really, really long time for me :) Usually i'm just playing for the fun, not for HC battles and stats. And i want to experience/try CA-DD lines too, because i like torpedo gameplay as well. But as you probably know, co-op battles gives you much less xp than random. I play randoms too nowadays (because xp reasons), but i play co-op more. So the woman's day camo is the best choice?

[HUN-T]
Players
6 posts
2,169 battles

Thank you for the detailed answer! Unfortunately campaigns are only for random games, and the current scenario (Hermes) is only for French ships (i have Germans only). I already done with "Science of victory" 1-2, and now doing 3. But that's just gives you 5-10 signals each (per task), which will run out quickly :( That's why i wanted to have something closer to permanent. My dilemma is Pi day or Womens day camo or the big signal pack. Oh and i can't afford to buy all :D Before someone points it out :) I can go with the big signal pack only, or the Pi day camo pack 200x, or the Womens day 50x pack 3x :/

[DAVY]
Players
1,623 posts
9,646 battles

As you get reduced xp and credits for co-op battles, you'll find it a lot harder breaking even in credits as you get to higher tiers - at some you're going to have to bite the bullet and join randoms, you'll struggle at first as the gen pop don't react like the bots in coop, but the rewards from each battle are worth it...

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
4 minutes ago, O3EE said:

Thank you for the detailed answer! Unfortunately campaigns are only for random games, and the current scenario (Hermes) is only for French ships (i have Germans only). I already done with "Science of victory" 1-2, and now doing 3. But that's just gives you 5-10 signals each (per task), which will run out quickly :( That's why i wanted to have something closer to permanent. My dilemma is Pi day or Womens day camo or the big signal pack. Oh and i can't afford to buy all :D Before someone points it out :) I can go with the big signal pack only, or the Pi day camo pack 200x, or the Womens day 50x pack 3x :/

You really have to be able to easily afford those things in the premium shop, so I would never recommend that to a new player. I was just pointing it out since it is a possibility.

We also have April fools coming up in a few weeks and you can be sure that there will be special missions/offers and maybe even a playable coop scenario during that time with a lot of goodies.

The normal scenarios change every couple of weeks or if you find a clan/some friends that like Coop you can do all others in a division all the time. 7 people required.

[HUN-T]
Players
6 posts
2,169 battles

Thank you guys! Yeah i know that i have to play randoms eventually, and i play it sometimes. I hope there will be nice events/discounts in the near future!

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
13 minutes ago, O3EE said:

Thank you guys! Yeah i know that i have to play randoms eventually, and i play it sometimes. I hope there will be nice events/discounts in the near future!

You are welcome.

Since we have a forum contest going on please consider to chose and rate your best answer which you were satisfied with. (only you can do that)

[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,862 battles

OP: I'm another +1 with regards to the suggestion to moving to playing randoms; in my experience (I'm still quite new to all this), coop is fine for early tiers, and grinding modules to avoid playing ships stock, but you really do have to play against real people to make decent progress (and earn a sensible silver return).

If you're time-poor, the pressure increases (as you've already discovered); randoms significantly improve the return on your investment in things like camo, and flags too (obviously) +50%, say, on xp is much better when it's +50% of a larger number (randoms), than when it's +50% of a much smaller number (coop). When you get your hands on some of the most powerful economic flags, the difference can be quite startling...

As others have alluded to, it's sensible to start playing randoms at lower tiers, as such games tend to be rather harder than coop (although the bots are better at some things than a lot of the real players are!); that said, there is pressure to play at middle tiers at least, as many of the rewarding missions require you to play in T5-6 at least (sometimes higher).

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
On 3/11/2018 at 8:00 PM, O3EE said:

Better that you start it at decently low tiers to learn basics of game like especially gunnery and then some positioning.

The higher the tier the better you need to be able to hit outside short ranges.

Broadside sailing battleships should be basically easy to hit consistently (of course not always if target changes course/speed) up to 10s shell flight time distance.

And pretty much same for cruisers.

That's actually very important for battleship play because citadel hits causing sudden hp loss syndrome (or instant deletion) for enemy cruisers is good way to lower their HE spam.

Though bot cruisers can be actually harder targets because they always charge bow in toward you, unlike all those tourist cruisers showing off their broadside in open places.

But battleships with their slow reload aren't good for learning gunnery/leading targets

For that light cruisers are best with their good fire rate.

At Tier 4 they have enough range to practise longer shell flight time leading.

Also at Tier 4 you still have protected match making giving you only one tier higher enemies.

In Tier 5 ship you again often have to face Tier 7 and most of the time Tier 6.

And with lot lower rewards of Co-op playing randoms at notably lower tier can easily give better return for invested time.

If you're ready to use money you can also convert standard XP to free XP for helping to upgrade some bad at stock ship etc.

Anyway you shouldn't really move to next tier until you've become good enough to not rely on team mates in getting of every victory.

And high tier gameplay isn't even that great with lots of "I play for fun" failboaters having failed their way there.

Resulting even less of cooperation of battleships pushing together etc.

• Cool 1

Players
1,598 posts
11,625 battles

Other than getting a premium account, on which WG don't currently have the most attractive discounts or offers in the premium shop, the best way is to just study hard and get better at the game without hastening through the tiers.

I realize that's not what you want to hear but trust me, getting to the higher tiers is not automatically more fun, just because the ships get better. To the contrary, it can get a lot less fun because your opponents get better even more quickly. As do your team mates, which means their expectations get higher, so they can get a lot nastier when they get the impression you're not pulling your weight or even letting them down.

If you're into the Japanese branch, I'm recommending  the Yubari, which is currently on sale, as a nifty and cheap little cruiser for your IJN captain's training.

One of these days, they're bound to offer a discount on a year of premium account and that's when you maybe should get that, but not at the current 80 Euros.