Adamo1

Combat Dolphins?? WTF?

17 comments in this topic

[-WOF-]
Players
61 posts

Hello all,

I dont know, if the WG team feels bored, go and develop SUBMARINES before you implement strange unusual gamelements like "combat dolphins"

- or finally get Graf Zeppelin balanced. Lots of ppl are waiting  for progress here ...

I mean "combat dolphins"  sounds like an April-hoax ...the fact that submarines actually have been an April hoax ...and "combat dolphins" aren't ...in a WARSHIP game.. I think you know what I am saying.

before implementing new stuff I recommend to work on:

1. Balancing

2. Submarines - they actually were also a very important stategic weapon

3. dynamic maps with dynamic created content (isles etc) for more variety and much more different scenarios

4. More combat missions and also finally "hard mode" for weekly missions

5. Modification at Weapon systems, Manual AA (=>real manual), manual secondaries, Defence etc. (for certain Fleet purposes, Clanwars etc)

• Cool 1

[CHAOS]
Players
2,359 posts
10,821 battles
20 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

@Adamo1 You are aware that 1st April (a.k.a. April Fools Day) is coming up, right?

You already ruined the possibility to make this thread one of the most troll-threads in forum history :Smile_sad:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,142 battles
4 minutes ago, Terendir said:

You already ruined the possibility to make this thread one of the most troll-threads in forum history :Smile_sad:

It's tinfoil hat monday, if you want some fun I can refer you over to these 2 brilliant posts :Smile_teethhappy:

[CG]
Players
134 posts
9,952 battles

Well, the dolphins look like "Madagascar animation film" penguins, so I suggest WG implements as well "penguins carrier" that could be set on islands to shoot ships with egg slingshot that ll blind enemy ships, for example. An opportunity to shoot penguins on islands with the thread to get spotted... hum...

I don't see a place for submarines in the game, as the game engine s quite 2 dimensional, played at the surface of the sea. Well, maybe later... althought this could be the 5th and last class of the game as nd there wasn't supposed to be one, but deep water torpedoes came up...

[HARF]
Players
25 posts
4,197 battles

Combat dolphins? What have they been smoking over at WG? There's another even more rare ship class you should consider, it's called a "submarine".

That should be a joke or some temporary event like Halloween, I just can't take this thing seriously sorry!

Players
1,058 posts
7,695 battles
On 13.3.2018 at 10:33 PM, Anax7 said:

Combat dolphins? What have they been smoking over at WG? There's another even more rare ship class you should consider, it's called a "submarine".

That should be a joke or some temporary event like Halloween, I just can't take this thing seriously sorry!

Why make a submarine when you could have a combat dolphin?

It'd better be an April fools joke.

[UNICS]
Players
1,246 posts
15,808 battles

It seems they dropped the dolphins for space battles , because  do you remembered what happend when you clicked on the submarine on the last april fools?

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
626 posts
15,436 battles

If only they focused their resources on improving game performance since it has become quite laggy and full of disconnections after the patch 0.7.2 instead of throwing in dolphins, whales, algae and ET into the game.

• Cool 2

Players
19 posts
1,573 battles
On 3/16/2018 at 5:36 AM, tsounts said:

If only they focused their resources on improving game performance since it has become quite laggy and full of disconnections after the patch 0.7.2 instead of throwing in dolphins, whales, algae and ET into the game.

Well, can you tell me then, what does a network programmer have to do with a 3D modeler?

You know, I'll tell you, they both work for Wargaming, however, they do so in different departments and are working on different parts of the game, and that is the shocker, independently from one another.

Therefore, WG is able to have some person working on fixing the bugs while others can create new content. Stunning, I know.

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
626 posts
15,436 battles
2 hours ago, Schnittertm said:

Well, can you tell me then, what does a network programmer have to do with a 3D modeler?

You know, I'll tell you, they both work for Wargaming, however, they do so in different departments and are working on different parts of the game, and that is the shocker, independently from one another.

Therefore, WG is able to have some person working on fixing the bugs while others can create new content. Stunning, I know.

Yawn, departments are different but areas that make gameplay fluent are VERY important compared to whistles and bells.  There are many server issues both with WOT and WOWs but WG is always throwing in new vehicles, ships and stuff instead of improving server quality. 

Many players, including those that run very high end computers, have requested better servers and game stability over new premium ships, tanks, etc. 

Just this afternoon I got disconnected 4 times in a row, I guess a dolphin can save the disconnects.

By the way, you are way too new in this game to be that cheeky, you'd better trust players that have thousands of battles on their account and have a better overview of game quality over time.

Case closed.

Players
6 posts
2,089 battles

If they introduce them get ready for lemming trains of BB's hugging map edges, and cruiser players's screams of "reeeee" echoing through the servers ;)

[HARF]
Players
25 posts
4,197 battles
On 3/15/2018 at 9:52 AM, Ysterpyp said:

It seems they dropped the dolphins for space battles , because  do you remembered what happend when you clicked on the submarine on the last april fools?

Yes indeed it took some time until I realized I fell for it! 

Players
19 posts
1,573 battles
On 3/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, tsounts said:

Yawn, departments are different but areas that make gameplay fluent are VERY important compared to whistles and bells.  There are many server issues both with WOT and WOWs but WG is always throwing in new vehicles, ships and stuff instead of improving server quality. 

Many players, including those that run very high end computers, have requested better servers and game stability over new premium ships, tanks, etc. 

Just this afternoon I got disconnected 4 times in a row, I guess a dolphin can save the disconnects.

By the way, you are way too new in this game to be that cheeky, you'd better trust players that have thousands of battles on their account and have a better overview of game quality over time.

Case closed.

You know, just because I haven't played a lot of WG products, doesn't mean I haven't played a lot of online games. I have, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, World of Warcraft, War Thunder, Armored Warfare, to name a few.

The thing is, unless the mentioned and unmentioned games I played really had sever troubles (e.g. the infamous Error 37 on Diablo 3), I never had any troubles with disconnections from the game.

In fact, since I restarted playing WoWs I had not had any disconnections, even when playing for 2 or 3 hours. Therefore, the problems might not actually be with WG, but with your ISP.

So, I would say, no, the case is not closed. Maybe you should check out if there is something wrong on the end of your ISP. It also still doesn't change the fact that 3D modellers or sound designers can not help with the back end of the server hard- and software. Introduction of the new ships or other models in games also will not stress the server more, as it still only has to, at maximum, have to supply the needs for 24 players per session and only has to check certain data (e.g. position, speed, angle of turrets) and make sure that all data is legit.

Anecdotes of your problems with the game will not help improve the problems you seem to suffer from, if you are one of only very few people suffering from it. I don't suffer your problems, so where does this leave us? Anecdote versus anecdote won't help WG be able to fix your problem, if the problem is, indeed, on WGs end.

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
626 posts
15,436 battles
8 hours ago, Schnittertm said:

You know, just because I haven't played a lot of WG products, doesn't mean I haven't played a lot of online games. I have, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, World of Warcraft, War Thunder, Armored Warfare, to name a few.

The thing is, unless the mentioned and unmentioned games I played really had sever troubles (e.g. the infamous Error 37 on Diablo 3), I never had any troubles with disconnections from the game.

In fact, since I restarted playing WoWs I had not had any disconnections, even when playing for 2 or 3 hours. Therefore, the problems might not actually be with WG, but with your ISP.

So, I would say, no, the case is not closed. Maybe you should check out if there is something wrong on the end of your ISP. It also still doesn't change the fact that 3D modellers or sound designers can not help with the back end of the server hard- and software. Introduction of the new ships or other models in games also will not stress the server more, as it still only has to, at maximum, have to supply the needs for 24 players per session and only has to check certain data (e.g. position, speed, angle of turrets) and make sure that all data is legit.

Anecdotes of your problems with the game will not help improve the problems you seem to suffer from, if you are one of only very few people suffering from it. I don't suffer your problems, so where does this leave us? Anecdote versus anecdote won't help WG be able to fix your problem, if the problem is, indeed, on WGs end.

Dude, it's not just me that has had these problems but quite many people so reconsider your points.  If you don't want to, I really don't care.

Players
19 posts
1,573 battles
12 hours ago, tsounts said:

Dude, it's not just me that has had these problems but quite many people so reconsider your points.  If you don't want to, I really don't care.

How may are many? Is there some commonality between you and those other persons (e.g. a certain distance from the ISP's distribution node, OS, gfx driver)?

I can say, just as you did, that many, like me, are not suffering from any problems at all, which leaves us at exactly the same place as before. There are many people with problems and many others without problems.

At work I have to deal with people having problems with home appliances and while that is a different matter than a computer program and hardware, the base principle I have found still applies. Many people have a problem, attribute it to a certain cause, do not even try to check other possibilities of failure or fault and, in some cases can not even describe the problem properly. This, in turn, leads to me having to ask several questions to ascertain that it couldn't be this fault or that or, in other case, just plug in the device and run a few tests. Many was the time that the device itself wasn't faulty, but that it was just improper use or lack of maintenance or, even, that certain conditions at the customers home were causing the fault.

As I said, the base principle, that people can not describe the problem properly or do not do basic troubleshooting themselves, applies even in the case of software and differing hardware configuration. Certain programming interfaces and standards should ensure that all hardware parts in a PC operate on the same principles and that the OS is able to speak to them in the prescribed manner, but already something as overclocking a CPU or GPU or the RAM too high can cause minor faults that, for example, can not be attributed to the software.

With internet connections it gets even worse, as the fault can be on your end, WG end or your ISP's end or any of the stations in between.

Anyway, the TL;DR is, that my point is, that the fault must not necessarily on WG's end, not even on your end, it might be in between. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. You'll find similar people, with similar problems on any online multiplayer game, especially the more popular ones, as there you can expect, due to the higher number of people playing, a higher number or reports. 

I am however with you on the matter that, if it is a problem the WG can fix, they should fix it.