You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
warsinger2

Buff Cruisers! / Remove Flooding!

57 comments in this topic

Players
260 posts

In this day and age no matter which mode you play BBs are dominant, although cruiser can or could do fairly well but they are not allowed to, to live their role as support vessels, AA support, DD support, it is all meaningless because one single salvo can be your doom or in some cases 1 torpedo.  While you can wasd try to dodge torps and shells at one point you know you will eat some. Now while even a Yamato shell to the tip of your bow might spell doom you are sometimes forced to eat one, even if it hits your citadel, 1 won´t kill you, most of the times. Now look at the torpedoes, depending on the hit location and timing a single torp to the bow can spill doom to your cruiser, First there is the initial damage, hardly migrated because no torp belt on the bow and a, at least felt 100% flooding chance. Now 1 single flooding according to the formula will add up to 60%+ of the ships health and it seems it bases its calculation on your 100% health pool. Together with the initial damage, that adds to a lot! Easily 80-90% HP in some cases (Cruiser health pool torp hit and flooding damage).

While BBs always have a repair party and can recover, most cruisers do not, neither do most DDs but they got the highest chance of evasion anyways. I play DDs and I can probably count the numbers of times i died due to flooding on one hand.  Now a BB can repair, a DD can evade a cruiser is in the middle of things. Sometimes you can evade them all, 1 hits if the timing is bad and given the seemingly 100% flood chance you look at 80-90% hp loss due to a single torpedo hit, now you are fu**** and it happens more often than you think. Cruisers without heal face several mortal enemies, BBs guns in general since they can insta kill you or severely damage you by citadel hits, other shells, fires, torpedoes and flooding. 

It is about time to make cruisers more playable, the reduced fire extinguishing time is one step, now remove flooding (for all or modify it) as well. It ties the game down more than it actually benefits!!

tl:dr

Remove flooding it is a terrible mechanic and serves nothing it promotes even more camping. Get rid of it now! Cruisers will instantly benefit. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7

Players
260 posts

Drink Bleach? That is about the same usefulness of an answer than the one you gave?

Yes R triggers the repair party it also is needed to extinguish fires if you haven´t noticed, in the age of HE spam even by BBs people are afraid to press R too early, knowing that after triggering it a single torp hit can spell your doom makes people even more reluctant to move forward, push and play aggressively. While BB can compensate, most cruisers can not, hence while people do not support. Only one among other reasons but it is important to remove the most obvious reasons that damage the game!   

By the way why are the beta testers the seemingly least productive and most trollish posters on this forum? 

Can we have a forum filter that filters out any kind of testers?  

• Bad 8

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,733 posts
9,234 battles

If flooding is your main problem in a cruiser then....wait what?

....honestly I don't even know where to begin.

I legit can't comprehend how removing flooding is the thing that will make cruisers better.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

You want cruisers to be buffed and come up with flooding reduction?

That's a first.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

I legit can't comprehend how removing flooding is the thing that will make cruisers better.

Oh crap, the "bb mains" illnes known as "sailing in straight line" is spreading to cruisers! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

• Funny 4

Players
260 posts
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

No it is not it is one among several things that especially hampers cruisers, I am not sure if you like these games meta but I would like to see more cruisers than battleships sniping behind islands. 

This is just supposed to be one idea in the direction to promote more cruisers in game and it removes a stupid mechanic along the way!   

• Bad 3

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,493 posts
5,914 battles
3 minutes ago, warsinger2 said:

By the way why are the beta testers the seemingly least productive and most trollish posters on this forum? 

Implying that the tester tag have any meaning what so ever.

On topic removing flooding is just a weird idea. The damage control on cruisers is much faster than on BB's, and with the reduced fire duration you should always have the damage control ready for crippling effects such as flooding or rudder/engine damage. And since cruisers are much more agile from the start eating torpedoes is more down to misjudging a situation or derping out. And if you do take a hit well see my first point about damage control.

All in all I fail to see what removing flooding even adds to the game.

Players
260 posts
Just now, LilJumpa said:

You want cruisers to be buffed and come up with flooding reduction?

That's a first.

Because it is just a small step that reduces threat to cruiser game play and promotes aggressiveness all the while not removing anything important. And I am pretty sure you also hated that one torp despite all effort and because of a silly cool down that killed you .

• Bad 3

Players
260 posts
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

On topic removing flooding is just a weird idea. The damage control on cruisers is much faster than on BB's, and with the reduced fire duration you should always have the damage control ready for crippling effects such as flooding or rudder/engine damage. And since cruisers are much more agile from the start eating torpedoes is more down to misjudging a situation or derping out. And if you do take a hit well see my first point about damage control.

2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

What does flooding add to the game other than being a nuisance and a meaning for torp spammers to rack up damage? It reduces more possibilities than it promotes and a game should be all about promoting possibilities especially in this day and age when hiding behind islands and HE spam even on T10 BBs is considered "elite" game play!  

• Bad 4

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles
23 minutes ago, warsinger2 said:

In this day and age no matter which mode you play BBs are dominant, although cruiser can or could do fairly well but they are not allowed to, to live their role as support vessels, AA support, DD support, it is all meaningless because one single salvo can be your doom or in some cases 1 torpedo.  While you can wasd try to dodge torps and shells at one point you know you will eat some. Now while even a Yamato shell to the tip of your bow might spell doom you are sometimes forced to eat one, even if it hits your citadel, 1 won´t kill you, most of the times. Now look at the torpedoes, depending on the hit location and timing a single torp to the bow can spill doom to your cruiser, First there is the initial damage, hardly migrated because no torp belt on the bow and a, at least felt 100% flooding chance. Now 1 single flooding according to the formula will add up to 60%+ of the ships health and it seems it bases its calculation on your 100% health pool. Together with the initial damage, that adds to a lot! Easily 80-90% HP in some cases (Cruiser health pool torp hit and flooding damage).

While BBs always have a repair party and can recover, most cruisers do not, neither do most DDs but they got the highest chance of evasion anyways. I play DDs and I can probably count the numbers of times i died due to flooding on one hand.  Now a BB can repair, a DD can evade a cruiser is in the middle of things. Sometimes you can evade them all, 1 hits if the timing is bad and given the seemingly 100% flood chance you look at 80-90% hp loss due to a single torpedo hit, now you are fu**** and it happens more often than you think. Cruisers without heal face several mortal enemies, BBs guns in general since they can insta kill you or severely damage you by citadel hits, other shells, fires, torpedoes and flooding. 

It is about time to make cruisers more playable, the reduced fire extinguishing time is one step, now remove flooding (for all or modify it) as well. It ties the game down more than it actually benefits!!

Remove flooding it is a terrible mechanic and serves nothing it promotes even more camping. Get rid of it now! Cruisers will instantly benefit. 

No, it won't. Bad idea. Back to the drawing board.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,493 posts
5,914 battles
Just now, warsinger2 said:

What does flooding add to the game other than being a nuisance and a meaning for torp spammers to rack up damage? It reduces more possibilities than it promotes and a game should be all about promoting possibilities especially in this day and age when hiding behind islands and HE spam even on T10 BBs is considered "elite" game play!  

Flooding adds a mechanic in where you must always be vary on how you use your damage control and repair, not to mention it forces you to think ahead if you enter a DD heavy zone. It also slows you down making you an easier target and it deals significant damage.

Basically it adds a mechanic in where you actually need to plan ahead and think unless you want a seriously painful DoT on you.

• Cool 2

1,548 posts
10,142 battles

To be fair, even if you remove flooding... eating 2 torps  will make you to see port.

Plan A failed... proceed to B:
Remove torps from the game, cruisers will benefit instantly.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
3,717 battles

You are joking,right?After getting angry every match in a bb from tier 3 to tier 8 (nassau-bismarck) and some other bbs,i find cruisers the best ships in the entire game(not counting Cvs).Also flooding is something normal in naval warfare,if you want to avoid flooding don't ram...i mean avoid torpedoes.Cruisers are way better at almost everything.Also,if people are dumb to sail broadside at 10-18 km in front of battleships(as cruisers)they deserve to die(in game of course).In almost 500 battles in cruisers i only got deleted 2 or 3 times in the chapayev cuz i got beached.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
8 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Potatoes like OP should be only allowed to play COOP

Only to get shredded by bots? No, thank you.

That's the only place for OP:

cPI93KZ.jpg

[TTT]
Players
1,149 posts
11,557 battles
Spoiler

o_O

Spoiler

O_o

Spoiler

O_O

Spoiler

What am i reading? And how did i even get here? Thx... @TheComedian1983

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
3,717 battles
1 minute ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Who knew someone's bot account would decide to post on the forums. 

Bots are getting more intelligent than some people,tbh.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,637 posts
8,549 battles
30 minutes ago, warsinger2 said:

Drink Bleach? That is about the same usefulness of an answer than the one you gave?

Yes R triggers the repair party it also is needed to extinguish fires if you haven´t noticed, in the age of HE spam even by BBs people are afraid to press R too early, knowing that after triggering it a single torp hit can spell your doom makes people even more reluctant to move forward, push and play aggressively. While BB can compensate, most cruisers can not, hence while people do not support. Only one among other reasons but it is important to remove the most obvious reasons that damage the game!   

Then let me math this one out for you.

Imagine if you somehow manage to mess up your use of Damage Control Party as much as possible and you get hit by a torpedo the second after the last DCP you used ran out.

You're looking at a 60 second cooldown if you are using the credit version of DCP and no skills or signals affecting the consumable cooldown.

So since flooding has a 90 second duration, during which it does a total of 60% damage, you are looking at taking at the absolute worst 40% of your max HP in damage.

Now if you actually think that flooding is a problem, use captain skills and signals that lowers the cooldown of DCP, and the max damage you will ever take from flooding decreases even more.

That's what they are there for.

• Cool 3

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
12,255 battles
1 hour ago, warsinger2 said:

this game amazes me every day....just when you think there can not be morons in it, new one steps out....

• Cool 1

Players
257 posts
2,758 battles
1 hour ago, warsinger2 said:

i dont get your point press R to stop flooding..but you don't want to in case of a fire? how is that any different for a bb? bb gets torped they start to flood they press R flooding stops they get spammed by the super fast fireing cruisers and now theres 3 fires burning away all your hp battleships have the exact same problem apart from there bigger and easier to hit.

wanting to remove flooding from the game because you dont like it...nope not for me