You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_the_Stripper

Battleships are reduced to targets

163 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles

Don't overextend. 

Buffing BB's at this point would be just ridiculous, as they are the best performing class at the moment. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
2,801 posts
16,918 battles
11 minutes ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

I play mostly battleships but they are the prim target for all ships, we all love to sink bb's as they give the most damage that's alright

And XP is percentage based so doing 20000 damage to a cruiser or DD will net a lot more than doing damage to a BB. So it's balanced there.

but when a battle is set up with 8-10 dd's some can spam you with he some can torp you at 20km and some bouth, could you pls devs set a limit of max 3-4 dd's in each side, because as fun as it is being a target for everyone would be grate to be a bigger part of a game then just targets,

plz enlighten me on how many DDs currently in game that can torp you from 20 km? which DDs can spam HE at you from 20 km?

So then if you want to limit the amount of DDs, to 3-4, you wouldn't mind limiting BBs to 3-4 as well?

another idea is that why not nref all dd's so that bb's shells over a sirten calliber wrek dd's AP HE dose not matter atm you can shoot and hit and you get overpen and 1000damage seems strange when you think of how small a dd's is how can a 1 ton shell not do little to no damage to a little dd's even if it overpens it should almost break it in half it it hit midships.

AP already wrecks DDs due to a glitch in the game, WG is actually looking into that to fix it. WG wants BBs to actively change to HE to wreck DDs.

And if you want to talk realism (breaking ships in half): what would one torpedo hit do to a BB?

Nut just give us bb captains a bit more fearfactor, only thing that was able to kick bb's of there trone where the cv's in RL and that ok we are all afraied of cv. anywho some has to be done buff all bb's damage control systems would also healp from -3% to 10-15% risk of flodding and 15% risk of fire;)

Damage control system is fine, you have skills and mods to upgrade them to very good levels. All it takes is skillful use.

BB are fine and don't need more buffs.

• Cool 1

Players
513 posts
10,300 battles
3 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

AP already wrecks DDs due to a glitch in the game, WG is actually looking into that to fix it. WG wants BBs to actively change to HE to wreck DDs.

And if you want to talk realism (breaking ships in half): what would one torpedo hit do to a BB?

Dude you don't want to talk realism, Destroyers were a very small threat to Battleships IRL.  Very Small. There's a reason why one is 1500 tons, the other 50000.....

[NWP]
Players
2,801 posts
16,918 battles
1 minute ago, BuccaneerBill said:

Dude you don't want to talk realism, Destroyers were a very small threat to Battleships IRL.  Very Small. There's a reason why one is 1500 tons, the other 50000.....

Dude, the other guy started, I just countered his sentence.

Ofc I have no intention of talking realism, it's a game and there's balance. But the easiest way to show that is give another example.

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
37 minutes ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

I play mostly battleships but they are the prim target for all ships, we all love to sink bb's as they give the most damage that's alright but when a battle is set up with 8-10 dd's some can spam you with he some can torp you at 20km and some bouth, could you pls devs set a limit of max 3-4 dd's in each side, because as fun as it is being a target for everyone would be grate to be a bigger part of a game then just targets, another idea is that why not nref all dd's so that bb's shells over a sirten calliber wrek dd's AP HE dose not matter atm you can shoot and hit and you get overpen and 1000damage seems strange when you think of how small a dd's is how can a 1 ton shell not do little to no damage to a little dd's even if it overpens it should almost break it in half it it hit midships. Nut just give us bb captains a bit more fearfactor, only thing that was able to kick bb's of there trone where the cv's in RL and that ok we are all afraied of cv. anywho some has to be done buff all bb's damage control systems would also healp from -3% to 10-15% risk of flodding and 15% risk of fire;)

• damage is not important, winning is , as is percentile damage and sunk ships
  • if you do not want to be a target, I suggest to use WASD
  • Cool 1

Players
4,503 posts
7,604 battles
42 minutes ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

I play mostly battleships but they are the prim target for all ships,

Go play T6+ cruisers, then you'll find out what being a "prim" target feels like.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 6

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,098 posts
11,146 battles

Literally just one shot a cruiser 20km away after he was spotted for the first time.
Poor me, being just a useless punching bag and quad citpenning a target with only 75% of my max range who couldn't fight back.

But wait, the memes continued when a DD was spotted 10km away, and ate 2 shells for a 1/3rd of his total HP.
I'm sure he felt as if he perfectly countered me, with his torpedo salvoes he completely missed because I pressed "S" once and "A" for a short while to turn into him.

He only appeared for 10 seconds, but in those, I did more damage with that ONE secondary hit than he did with his "anti large target weapons" (lel)

And that CV that tried his hardest to get me. Oh yeah, try to DoT me all you want, I'm repairing all that fire damage anyways. By the way, enjoy losing half of your planes at every run because I have plenty of AA with my survival and AR build.

Boy, look at all those classes looking at me like I'm a punching bag.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,989 battles

To OP, and I'm sorry to say this but:

Gitgud

Or

Play as cruisers and enjoy wrecking battleships with impunity :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
25 posts
3,079 battles

I see some dd's captains are here but don't think you have anything to complain about really, don't konw the stats but in almost every battle i play one ore more dd's are in the top 3 on bouth sides and it's all the time and let's face it it's not that hard to get 100k + damage in a dd's as to a bb or crusier. but i get where some of you are comming from might well be that im not the best player around about avrage i think but i only have time for a few battles a week, so ya point taken but still would be grate with less dd's, think every one but the ones playiung dd's think so 6 dd's to 8 would be fine for a battle 10 a bit too much.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
210 posts
5,454 battles
4 hours ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

I see some dd's captains are here but don't think you have anything to complain about really, don't konw the stats but in almost every battle i play one ore more dd's are in the top 3 on bouth sides and it's all the time and let's face it it's not that hard to get 100k + damage in a dd's as to a bb or crusier.

It really isn't. I'll give you that destroyers tend to be near the top of the scoreboard as they play a very useful role and caps multiply xp gains like mad but Battleships aren't underperforming at all. It's far easier to pull 100k damage games in battleships than it is to pull them in destroyers, provided you actually do you job and don't spend 20 minutes in smoke plinking away in smoke which might let you constantly hit that sort of number.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,608 battles
39 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

If you compare the HP pool of DDs and their armor to those of BBs, you will see that BBs outmatch them easily, plus they get to heal a lot of damage. Tier X BBs if used properly can tank over 170k actual damage, not even to speak of potential damage. BBs already have the fear factor for any cruiser and I'd recommend you to play DDs more if you want to understand them better - BBs are not something for a DD to just simply yolo into without paying the price.

This is the first time I have encountered the term 'actual damage' as opposed to potential damage. Is this shells bounced, non-penetrations, etc.. Is this something new, exciting, and rewarding that WG is working on that we will see in-game soon?

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
16 minutes ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

I see some dd's captains are here but don't think you have anything to complain about really, don't konw the stats but in almost every battle i play one ore more dd's are in the top 3 on bouth sides and it's all the time and let's face it it's not that hard to get 100k + damage in a dd's as to a bb or crusier. but i get where some of you are comming from might well be that im not the best player around about avrage i think but i only have time for a few battles a week, so ya point taken but still would be grate with less dd's, think every one but the ones playiung dd's think so 6 dd's to 8 would be fine for a battle 10 a bit too much.

These are the AVERAGE stats for Tier X.

Which ship type do you say has an easy time to get 100k?

image.png.27b074c69aff7e1eb2f3f5c45ca55102.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180224/eu_week/average_ship.html

I suggest to inform yourself befor making stuff up and appear utterly clueless...

• Cool 1

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
6,454 battles

Battleship overpopulation is one problem.

Another problem is high tier, kiting HE spamming cruisers

Another problem is the destroyer underpopulation

So many problems in this game..

Players
10,084 posts
11,852 battles
21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

These are the AVERAGE stats for Tier X.

Which ship type do you say has an easy time to get 100k?

image.png.27b074c69aff7e1eb2f3f5c45ca55102.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180224/eu_week/average_ship.html

I suggest to inform yourself befor making stuff up and appear utterly clueless...

Obviously Kebab:Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Players
2,801 posts
16,918 battles
1 hour ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

I rate this trolling at 0/10.

I was kind enough to reply on all your concerns, if all you have to say to that is this...

Bring on the BB Bingo boys...

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
2 hours ago, Armorin said:

This is the first time I have encountered the term 'actual damage' as opposed to potential damage. Is this shells bounced, non-penetrations, etc.. Is this something new, exciting, and rewarding that WG is working on that we will see in-game soon?

No. It means that that is the amount of hp a BB on TX can, under ideal conditions, expend. Heals included. 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Sure, let's limit the numbers of DDs per team.

But only if we also limit and reduce the number of BBs. How does 1 CV, 2 BBs, 5 CA/CLs and 4 DDs per team sound like? Maybe switch a DD for another CA/CL every now and then.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,247 battles
4 hours ago, robihr said:

and i agree it is hard when you see that 1-2 ca constantly HE spamming all 5 bb in your team and you are helpless cause he is tanking everything you shoot at him

Are you sure it's not HE spamming BBs these days?

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

I play mostly battleships

Yeah, we couldn't tell that from the title :fish_palm:

but they are the prim target for all ships, we all love to sink bb's as they give the most damage

And that's a very flawed point of view. What you want is high % of enemy HP done  as dmg not simply a high dmg number. Killing a DD is pretty much always more beneficial than wasting your time farming a BB.

Also DD guns really don't do damage that should make you worried, it's literally death from thousand cuts

could you pls devs set a limit of max 3-4 dd's in each side

And same then would be needed for BBs as without sufficient amount of DDs they could just feast on cruisers even more than they can now.

another idea is that why not nref all dd's so that bb's shells over a sirten calliber wrek dd's

source.gif

You overpen and do about 10% of DDs hp as dmg, you pen and you do 25...30% of his HP as dmg. YOu load HE and you consistently do 15...20% of his HP with each hit. You already wreck DDs if you hit them.

People with claims like yours make other BBs look stupid, why are you like this :fish_palm:

how can a 1 ton shell not do little to no damage to a little dd's even if it overpens it should almost break it in half it it hit midships.

40cm hole going through it would definitely break a 100+ meter long ship in half :fish_palm:

@Crysantos We have "Cool" "Laughing" "Boring" and "Bad" reaction emojis, where the hell is facepalm one? :Smile_trollface: Posts like this are crying to get it

3 hours ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

don't konw the stats but in almost every battle i play one ore more dd's are in the top 3 on bouth sides

And there's a potato BB decorating the last place on both teams, not bcuz his ship is weak, but bcuz the player is garbage

3 hours ago, Jack_the_Stripper said:

it's not that hard to get 100k + damage in a dd's as to a bb or crusier

oh-wait-youre-serious-gif-5.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
5 minutes ago, Verdius said:

Are you sure it's not HE spamming BBs these days?

nah.. BB-s are too weak for them to be HE spammers. it is all fault of that 1-2 CA that actually manage to find a spot in DD heavy meta..

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
483 posts
8,033 battles
4 godziny temu, Jack_the_Stripper napisał:

could you pls devs set a limit of max 3-4 dd's in each side

You do realise that reducing the number of DD`s in a battle will indirectly buff IJN DD`s since they`ll have more space to move around.
Usually they are limited by enemy DDs that outgun them significantly.
And if you buff IJN DDs your BB experience isn`t going to improve.

Also follow those steps:
Step 1: Git
Step 2: Gut

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1