You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Aigle marathon, how's your progress been so far?

129 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,129 posts

Since yesterday it's possible to have earned the Aigle for free with the mission marathon, doing 18 out of 26 missions. So, how is that set of missions going for you lot?

I'm currently at 17 completed missions. I could do all without too much issues except the "hit 150 main battery shells and win". I'm not the best cruiser-pilot here around (ahum!), nor do I have true dakka-dakka ships, so I knew that one would probably be one of the toughest missions for me around. Twice I exceeded the 150 hits comfortably, only for the team to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and once I got really close on a victorious battle with 148 hits. Will probably get the Aigle on Wednesday because I'm not that kind of player who regularly gets 1750+ BXP.  The "do X, win and survive"-requirements were also nerve-wracking since I'm not the person who's that into surviving a battle (if you gotta pay the full service fee anyway, better get my money worth of it, and use the ship as a damage-sponge). Owning the Nelson made stuff a whole lot easier for a lot of missions. The "in a single battle"-missions were always completed within 10 tries, often within 5.

All in all a reasonable campaign for a nice reward (both the ships and the camo's/flags). Just a little bit too hot on the tails of the North Cape Campaign, so I wasn't fully recuperated from that one before I "had" to dive in this one. 

And thanks WG for the free ship. It sure beats "sink 20 Russian cruisers of T8-10" ;)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,635 posts
8,549 battles

As I posted in the other topic:

Spoiler

shot-18.03.10_05.15.39-0999b.jpg

I don't remember any of the missions stressing me out.

But I did have to grudgingly take out the Saipan in order to get the 30 plane kills. CV players were nowhere to be found.

I had already bought the Aigle, so for me it was just for a few million credits, a 6 point captain and a port slot.

But it provided a basic goal. If I'm going to be playing anyway I might as well complete it.

[ARYA]
Players
463 posts
9,880 battles

I'm at 17 ! i managed to get more than that 70k dmg many times but it is a teamplay so i couldn't win a single game !!!!

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,825 battles

I'm earning the Aigle by playing the Aigle and doing Aigle missions. Aigle-ception.:cap_book:

But I'm still 5 missions away from getting Aigle².*

*-This WE missions not included, been too busy laying floors.

4,206 posts
8,761 battles

Currently on 15/18 (haven't started with the weekend missions yet).

Overall a nice marathon methinks.

Greetings

Beta Tester
8 posts
8,784 battles

Got her this morning, but only had one battle so far. 

I really enjoy working towards a decent goal and it makes a nice change using different ships than what im currently grinding. 

Very pleased to get a free ship at the end. 

Thanks WG

[UNICS]
Players
3,284 posts
13,012 battles

I got it yesterday. Reasonable missions and a nice reward. Good event imo. ....but having missions spread out like this doesn't suit me. I logged in for a few games even when I had no real interest in playing. Entirely my fault. Didn't burn out on the game as after Duke of York missions, but I'll keep this in mind for the next event.

[TTT]
Players
4,249 posts
7,934 battles

finished it, played the Aigle once and instantly regretted every single millisecond that marathon made me spend extra on WoWs. Dear Lord that thing is a tragedy... got to be one of, if not the least fun ship I have ever played, including Stock Amagi of old, original Pensacola, T22... Aigle is worse than all of those combined.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,635 posts
8,549 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

finished it, played the Aigle once and instantly regretted every single millisecond that marathon made me spend extra on WoWs. Dear Lord that thing is a tragedy... got to be one of, if not the least fun ship I have ever played, including Stock Amagi of old, original Pensacola, T22... Aigle is worse than all of those combined.

Come on now! You serious?! :cap_wander_2:

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
265 posts

It's not best but very far from bad. Learn how to play and stop judging ships after 1 game. 

Players
294 posts

got her yesterday. i'll use her only for the campaign missions and then back in the water "grave". just a collection piece and mission specific ship for me

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
6,694 battles

Already have her since yesterday...And I kind of like her

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,583 posts
15,886 battles

im on 16.. I dropped 2.. Pretty Italian lady got in the way of my ships........

Its a DD Im sure I will like it..

I NEED more Destroyers.... I only have 45 in port

• Funny 2

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles

Got it yesterday.

Edit: nice litlle DD but turret traverse is a travesty and takes some getting use to.

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles

I bought her from the shop, so i'm not in a rush to finish all the required missions. 

Sitting at 12 out of 18 and have one of the weekend mission to go (damage 100 modules, finished the torp one in my trusted Yugumo).

Would be nice to get the credits for the ship, but then, i'm not that short on credits so no real need to complete that one.

Players
5,186 posts
8,071 battles

I've got her yesterday, she's far from outstanding but workable. And I wonder about making universal captain from that Jean-Jacues-Hodore guy for her, fitting baguette cruisers (Charles to be specific) as well. PT, EM, AR, LS, Demo, CE, AFT?

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,251 posts
3,482 battles

I think you can make a tank build for her with PT, EM, LS, SE, CE, BFT, IFHE, AR

[COMFY]
Players
1,103 posts
5,979 battles

Had to skip the aircraft mission. There were simply no planes to shoot down and I won't play carrier just to complete it.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,381 posts
11,991 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Since yesterday it's possible to have earned the Aigle for free with the mission marathon, doing 18 out of 26 missions. So, how is that set of missions going for you lot?

I'm currently at 17 completed missions. I could do all without too much issues except the "hit 150 main battery shells and win". I'm not the best cruiser-pilot here around (ahum!), nor do I have true dakka-dakka ships, so I knew that one would probably be one of the toughest missions for me around. Twice I exceeded the 150 hits comfortably, only for the team to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and once I got really close on a victorious battle with 148 hits. Will probably get the Aigle on Wednesday because I'm not that kind of player who regularly gets 1750+ BXP.  The "do X, win and survive"-requirements were also nerve-wracking since I'm not the person who's that into surviving a battle (if you gotta pay the full service fee anyway, better get my money worth of it, and use the ship as a damage-sponge). Owning the Nelson made stuff a whole lot easier for a lot of missions. The "in a single battle"-missions were always completed within 10 tries, often within 5.

All in all a reasonable campaign for a nice reward (both the ships and the camo's/flags). Just a little bit too hot on the tails of the North Cape Campaign, so I wasn't fully recuperated from that one before I "had" to dive in this one. 

And thanks WG for the free ship. It sure beats "sink 20 Russian cruisers of T8-10" ;)

I think I'm currently at 16 out of 18 missions done, unfortunately I don't get to play this weekend due to a trip back home. Overall the missions felt quite comfortable to do and it might not be a bad side effect for you to try out more dakka-dakka ships. I lose my ships way too often, too - surviving the battle is usually not my thing :D

Enjoy the rest of the marathon and the ship, happy to hear that players like the marathon :)

Greetings, Crysantos

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,363 battles

Have 17/18 missions completed, dont really hyped for the Aigle, from what I ve heard it is on the low side of things.

[O-P-C]
Players
407 posts
8,833 battles

its terrible torps , detection is 6,8km lol- only thing good on it is the ships horn -' sounds like a steam locomotive ...: