You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

How is your progress with campaign "Gold of France" (of three stages)?

80 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,290 posts
9,367 battles

Hi all,

I did finish the first stage (i.e. the "Credit grind") in few days but the second stage (i.e. the "Ribbon grind") will literally take forever (especially since I don't have that much time for Wo#s right now)... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,132 posts

Stage 2, Mission 1&2, yet 500/1000 ribbons to go. Luckily the Richelieu dropped from one of the containers after Stage 1, so I have a “fast”-track towards completion (using co-op ribbonfarming). Probably will get it done before the deadline, because I’m already at 17/18 of the Aigle-marathon, so I can resume to non-mission-restricted gameplay next week.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,121 posts
14,677 battles

Finished it early thanks to some very obliging enemy battleships that kept charging me during stage 2.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,290 posts
9,367 battles

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Stage 2, Mission 1&2, yet 500/1000 ribbons to go. Luckily the Richelieu dropped from one of the containers after Stage 1, so I have a “fast”-track towards completion (using co-op ribbonfarming). Probably will get it done before the deadline, because I’m already at 17/18 of the Aigle-marathon, so I can resume to non-mission-restricted gameplay next week.

Yep... really lucky to get "Richelieu"... congrats! :Smile_honoring:

I "only" got the "Bretagne" and "Normandie" and therefore have to rely on my non-French ships which is heavy heavy grind... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,132 posts

Yeah, without T8 BB, it was going to be very rough... a bit questionable in terms of mission-design.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles

I'm only missing a few ribbons to end the 2nd stage.

The campaign is less of a chore than I thought, but that's because i bought the Aigle and have several French ships (no T8 BB though).

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,637 posts
8,549 battles

Done 5 days ago with honors.

Stage 2 was a bit grindy especially getting ribbons with FR BBs.

Stage 1 and 3 flew by without friction.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,072 posts
26,105 battles
44 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I did finish the first stage (i.e. the "Credit grind") in few days but the second stage (i.e. the "Ribbon grind") will literally take forever (especially since I don't have that much time for Wo#s right now)... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

Completed with honours march 7. But I "cheated" by having Aigle and played a lot of ribbon missions with her in port (2 hours or so) and bought Gascogne on release day and was at Lyon so in the end I got Richelieu on march 5 so then I finished the last French T8 BB missions. But I played a lot last weekend. For players that plays reasonable much I would say that the campaign is easy, but it helps alot with the ships, if I feel that I need/want the ships anyway my take on this with a new better paid job the frustration I get by grinding too hard when it is relatively easy to do it with a premium I do it. Earlier when I have been unemployed in periods (worked then on temporary assignments a few weeks/months and then gaps) I had far more time and less money. 

But for me as a veteran I am not the usual player, with every line except French BBs and the Cvs at T10 I can fulfill the ship requirements.

I can see new players frustration with a few ships fulfilling the requirements - but for me rather smooth - the missions if you have premium and can have 3 ongoing are more exchangable than previous campaigns. Many games you know that you got progress in several, the ability to play coop which I use more or less only in missions when it is easy and not detrimental to teamplay made me leave this campaign with a good impression IMO, even though it has flaws for less old players.

For you OP I can recommend Aigle if you do not have it , I think it is rather fun even if annoying to play without CE, play coop.

But most I recommend you to feel less frustrated when not being able to make a campaign if you do not have the time these weeks, all the time in life there is events that you miss because of various reasons, if there is a campaign you do not like, we can at least be sure that they will come with new. After all I like campaigns, even if some are less than ideally constructed.

F.e. COTE last year the requirements to get the full points were ridicoulous, in hours played for effort/rewards. So if one estimates the campaign to be impossible, better play as usual and get the rewards that come s with normal play, after all premium camos for 3 ships (and if you do not have Gascogne meaningless) are not so fantastic, and alternate skins for ships that already have premium skins XP wise is not worth much for me unless it is good looking. Richeliuus gol I only play with for the XP no other reason, if I could have the XP without the skin I would have turned it off. Gascogne I use the original. If they would have better rewards than the original like f.e. double freeXp or 50&% captain XP as well it would have been different.

Players
1,778 posts
11,746 battles

It is way to grindy to be worth it.

Will never play french BB anyway and it is only a camo reward at the end, so not worth the effort. I have the T6 BB from containers and Galasoniere from the new year event and both kinda suck playing.

Did stage 1, but stage 2 will take literally forever, even farming 300 hits/game in the Neptune/Khaba.

Beta Tester
647 posts
11,579 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Farming the ribbons is easier in CO-OP, just brawl with your BB to get all those secondary hits, or sit in smoke in the Aigle and shoot BB's. Got the international women's day premium day off WOT and ground most of them out yesterday in a 15 hour marathon of my own, got Aigle as well yesterday. Just need to get the T8 BB Richelieu to finish it all now.

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
265 posts

Making certain campaigns available to only certain ships is the ultimate "how to do it wrong" guide. I would not bother grinding to get a ship just so i can grind to get something else. It's retarded.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,637 posts
8,549 battles
3 minutes ago, clocky said:

Making certain campaigns available to only certain ships is the ultimate "how to do it wrong" guide. I would not bother grinding to get a ship just so i can grind to get something else. It's retarded.

There is a difference between "making certain campaigns available to only certain ships" and providing more/easier ways to complete a campaign with specific ships.

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Done 5 days ago with honors.

I'm thinking about doing this campaign with honors just for kicks. Normally I don't bother, but I will be able to get all the missions done in the background before the campaign ends.

5 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

There is a difference between "making certain campaigns available to only certain ships" and providing more/easier ways to complete a campaign with specific ships.

Don't bother, he's here to complain about WG no matter what.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,637 posts
8,549 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

I'm thinking about doing this campaign with honors just for kicks. Normally I don't bother, but I will be able to get all the missions before the campaign ends.

For me it has become a stupid obsession.

But if you have the ships required I would go for it in this case since there were no really annoying tasks.

When I did the North Cape campaign with honors I had to complete that "be the first to spot a KM BB using a RN CL". That's what nightmares are truly made of.

Also I doubt I'll finish the Yamamoto campaign with honors any time in the foreseeable future. :cap_old:

[BYOB]
Players
3,506 posts
12,879 battles
Just now, Nechrom said:

When I did the North Cape campaign with honors I had to complete that "be the first to spot a KM BB using a RN CL". That's what nightmares are truly made of.

One of the reasons I don't bother with honors on the campaign. When task requirements are not reasonable I spend my time with other things. Helps keeping me sane.

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles

Finished it last weekend in 2 days, with honors.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,072 posts
26,105 battles
7 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

For me it has become a stupid obsession.

But if you have the ships required I would go for it in this case since there were no really annoying tasks.

Also I doubt I'll finish the Yamamoto campaign with honors any time in the foreseeable future. :cap_old:

I agree with that If I can do it I must do it, but those old campaigns with CV tasks that I do not play or Cler sky requirements, yes when there is nothing else going on I have them slotted (the NonCv ones) but I as you have come to the conclusion I will not make them.

4,246 posts
8,770 battles

Somewhat in the middle of stage II. I don't have any french BB's apart from the Dunkek. And there's only so many times that I can play the La Gal. 

I'll definitely finish the campaign. Not with honors though and I don't play BB's that much, but if one of the campaign missions can be done by just playing I'm ok with that.

Greetings