Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadSlob

the dreaded event

21 comments in this topic

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,592 battles

I been trying desperately to do these missions for the Agile and my failure to do so is winding me up no end...I dunno what it is but once an event like this starts it seems that suddenly you cant damage modules even with 150 HE hits with an atlanta and you can torp maybe twice .... i have managed 3 torps before being blown sky high...RNG except when its against you, seems to favour those you are against or the team is so god damn dumb that  a team of 6 year olds could play better...please tell me wargaming , are you turning a dial every time an event like this happens, to make people cry tears of blood with  higher rng bad matchmaking etc etc....or is it in my head ...tonight i have lost 8 out of the last 9 battles...wtf.... thats a war won in my book!!1 and at the minute i loathe this game...put my mind at rest so that i can go and buy some anti-pychotic drugs!! or tell us the truth!!!!^^

Players
203 posts
4,569 battles

Chin up. It can be done, just one of those days when nothing works for you. Take rest, come back and suddenly it's done. I have just played like I usually do today, grinding up the Fletcher going for Geering and the missions just happen. got the 4 torp hits and have okay progress on modules part. Sure there are a lot of battles with too many DDs, making for some weird batlles, but try to abstract from that. You'll make it, just don't try so hard. :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Battleship HE works miracles. In a T9-battle with my Nelson (so spamming HE was justified) I knocked out 105 modules in a single battle. Every AA-mount counts for one, so a 16” HE shell blasts away dozens at a time when you hit a B.B. superstructure.

As for torpedoes... Atlanta isn’t the most ideal for this, to say the least. Again: did it in the first battle with the Kamikaze, but Pan-Asian DD’s are even better suited for that.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,592 battles

well done to all who have done it...sry i didnt use the atlanta for torping...used the gallant for that and tried in the gremy but pitiful results...i shall now try my highest rated BB...the Nagato and see if i cant reduce the number of modules i have to achieve...my weak chin is up !!^^

• Cool 1

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

curious: after I played myself "burn out." To win Vampire. Which I played only once. I decided to stop wearing myself out for a free prem vessel

don't get me wrong. I highly appreciate the chance from WG to achieve it and I don't want to sound ungrateful. But for me it's no longer worth the effort.

am I the only one?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
11 minutes ago, MadSlob said:

torping...used the gallant for that and tried in the gremy but pitiful results...

Gremy is a gunboat, not really that well-versed for torping. Gallant is a very nice ship for this. But it’s hampered by a slow torpedo reload (make every volley count). Stay 6.2kms away from enemies, and try to outflank the enemy BB’s.

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,592 battles

thanks mr fingers...advice duly noted

and ferry i know what you mean...tho despite me saying never again..you cna be sure i shall be there grinding my [edited]off...wish id gotten the vampire...a great dd that totally outclasses my poor old but much loved campbelltown...i did get the smith tho,tho its not terribly useful...not the way i play it anyways^^

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,592 battles

and tried the Nagato with HE and things are looking alot better now cheers:)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,824 battles
50 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

am I the only one?

Nah, I checked the requirement of missions for this boat and immediately decided to not pursue it as I would only get frustrated. I would have ofc loved to have it, but those missions are always designed (for the masses) around ruining an infinite amount of games and get lucky. Even better when you get missions to break MM and ruin gameplay that way.

A different matter are cases like ARP Takao or Graf Spee - and even there I barely make it with the help of forumites; so far I havent achieved a single christmas camo from those missions. But I still remember the great christmas-treason on EU so for the first of those they can still shove them camos up anyway.

[TAYTO]
Players
975 posts
10,868 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

curious: after I played myself "burn out." To win Vampire. Which I played only once. I decided to stop wearing myself out for a free prem vessel

don't get me wrong. I highly appreciate the chance from WG to achieve it and I don't want to sound ungrateful. But for me it's no longer worth the effort.

am I the only one?

I missed the start of the event so there was absolutely no point in even trying.
My collections screen show 1 completed and 3 incomplete. Why we have to see the incomplete ones when we have no chance of ever completing them is somewhat annoying and doesn't really encourage me to waste time trying to complete any future missions.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
2 hours ago, MadSlob said:

I been trying desperately to do these missions for the Agile and my failure to do so is winding me up no end...I dunno what it is but once an event like this starts it seems that suddenly you cant damage modules even with 150 HE hits with an atlanta and you can torp maybe twice .... i have managed 3 torps before being blown sky high...RNG except when its against you, seems to favour those you are against or the team is so god damn dumb that  a team of 6 year olds could play better...please tell me wargaming , are you turning a dial every time an event like this happens, to make people cry tears of blood with  higher rng bad matchmaking etc etc....or is it in my head ...tonight i have lost 8 out of the last 9 battles...wtf.... thats a war won in my book!!1 and at the minute i loathe this game...put my mind at rest so that i can go and buy some anti-pychotic drugs!! or tell us the truth!!!!^^

It's just the pressure of wanting badly Agile.

you are tunnelling vision towards that ship and that's make you play bad and even badly next round.

WG can put some RNG against you along the mission but nothing compared with the pressure you put on yourself.

I don't even care about Agile and I am almost in my seventh completed mission.

on the other end, there was missions in the past and just like you I didn't accomplish nothing .

e-g. in that 25 torps mission I reached a point where I ended up making several kamikaze runs with my Nicholas.

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,592 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

It's just the pressure of wanting badly Agile.

you are tunnelling vision towards that ship and that's make you play bad and even badly next round.

WG can put some RNG against you along the mission but nothing compared with the pressure you put on yourself.

I don't even care about Agile and I am almost in my seventh completed mission.

on the other end, there was missions in the past and just like you I didn't accomplish nothing .

e-g. in that 25 torps mission I reached a point where I ended up making several kamikaze runs with my Nicholas.

I think you may be right in the main but i still have a sneaking suspicion that there is some background shenanigans going on...whether its natural ie the missions distorting game play or otherwise...would love for Wg to come out and flatly deny all this^^ love and hate you wargaming...8 years a pain in my arse not to mention the (must be) 1000 euros plus u have had off me from both games

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
4 minutes ago, MadSlob said:

I think you may be right in the main but i still have a sneaking suspicion that there is some background shenanigans going on...whether its natural ie the missions distorting game play or otherwise...would love for Wg to come out and flatly deny all this^^ love and hate you wargaming...8 years a pain in my arse not to mention the (must be) 1000 euros plus u have had off me from both games

It's easy to think that way, but every player counts to the team and when many of them are under pressure the game go south.

when I hit my last torp I was glad and wrote in the chat.

I'm free, I've done this stupid mission.

3 other players and me started a conversation in chat, those guys were still suffering.

Just know, in my last battle for today I was under pressure (to complete the collection which I did)

and a conversation between the bb players started.

How they hate these Agile mission, because they were many dds (only 4 each side), etc.

Either way, RNG has very little to do with that.

of course they will throw you a couple of curve balls but that will only delay you.

At least it's my impression.

[TAYTO]
Players
975 posts
10,868 battles
8 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

tl:dr. Please WG. Make challenging missions which are doable by skill. Eliminate the luck factor completely. Or as much as possible.

And make them accessible to everyone who isn't able to play enough times to complete the mission.
Right now, you're screwed if you go on holiday.
You're screwed if you work shifts.
You're screwed if you don't spend hours on end trying.

• Cool 1

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,592 battles

cheers for your replies:)

1 mission done...still the torps to do:/

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles
3 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

am I the only one?

U are smart.

Hardly any of the ships are worth the time and effort needed to earn them in the time u spend in missions. In real life I have to work an hour or two to earn what a high tier ship cost, much less for low tier ships, still I struggle for hours trying to get them in the missions or campaigns. But thats because I make it a piority and have fun making it, its a game in the game sort of. However, I do feel deceived when after all that work the ship is like a pile of dung, but then I think - "hey, it was free...."

lol

I am a ......

u fill in the word

Still, I have fun playing the missions, it had been worse if I actually payed to buy the ship, just to finish a campaign or mission and get a signal or camo for a ship I would hardly use.

• Cool 1

Players
1,280 posts
10,324 battles

For that destroy-modules thing, I have one word for you: Nelson.

I've destroyed 20 AA guns with one salvo...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,734 battles

Aaand done.

shot-18.03.10_05.15.39-0999b.jpg

5 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Why we have to see the incomplete ones when we have no chance of ever completing them is somewhat annoying and doesn't really encourage me to waste time trying to complete any future missions.

Because some collections do come back for a second chance at finishing them.

2 hours ago, bug said:

U are smart.

Hardly any of the ships are worth the time and effort needed to earn them in the time u spend in missions. In real life I have to work an hour or two to earn what a high tier ship cost, much less for low tier ships, still I struggle for hours trying to get them in the missions or campaigns. But thats because I make it a piority and have fun making it, its a game in the game sort of. However, I do feel deceived when after all that work the ship is like a pile of dung, but then I think - "hey, it was free...."

lol

I am a ......

u fill in the word

Still, I have fun playing the missions, it had been worse if I actually payed to buy the ship, just to finish a campaign or mission and get a signal or camo for a ship I would hardly use.

And that is how they should be approached.

Not comparing them to actual professional work which would get you paid money.

2 hours ago, jss78 said:

For that destroy-modules thing, I have one word for you: Nelson.

I've destroyed 20 AA guns with one salvo...

Any RN BB really.

I got the mission halfway done while playing random ships that I just wanted to play. Then I finished it with one KGV battle.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
7 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

am I the only one?

No, I feel the same. I think the missions are fair and I thought I'd make an attempt and bail out if it ended up too grindy, but in the end I worked myself to the Aigle. Didn't burn myself out on the game as I did for Duke of York, but it still ends up being more work and less fun. Good event from WG, but I'll probably be even more hesitant for similar events in the future.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,512 battles

The funny thing about this event was that many BB players were complaining in chat about the 5 DDs/team games.

So, I always replied in chat: "But 5 BBs/team are OK?"

Sign in to follow this