Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Proposal for increasing quality of gameplay

39 comments in this topic

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

Hello guys!

Many of us already lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time are suggesting something to improve quality of gameplay, but it always end up on same statements:

- new tutorial

- missions that promote team play etc etc

Well not anymore... here is new dimension for increasing quality of gameplay..... lets start:

Step 1) Introduce new achievement (just as flolo suggested), now, those achievements would be triggered only in certan class of ships:

Achievement 1) "Steel wall"  -> have 3 milion potential damage, BB class only

Achievement 2) "Protector" -> kill 50 planes or spot 50,60 torpedoes or  decap 20 times in one game, Cruiser class only

Achievement 3) "Stalker" -> spot 7,8 ships in one game and keep them spotted 20 minutes in total (so it stacks, 3 ships spotted for 3 minutes = 9) AND capture 1,2 bases ->  Destroyer class only
Achievement 4)  "Fleet admiral"  -> In one game deal 250k dmg,  spot 5 ships and keep them spotted for 10 minutes  and destroy 50 enemy planes  -> Carrier class only

Once, when step 1 is completed  step 2: Rewards:

1)  Premium consumable who heal 10% more when applied for BBs.

2)  Special flag -5% on consumables, - 70% magazine detonation, 1% fire change, 5% AA flag, 5% longer consumables for cruisers.

3)  Premium camo  -6%  dectetability , +6%  dispersion when enemy shoot you for DDs.

4) Special flag 5% or 10% faster reload of planes for carriers.

Those rewards would be usable ONLY and ONLY in RANDOM BATTLES. Purpose of these rewards is to give you small advantage for one or few games  because you clearly did show teamplay.

Step 3) Lets collect achievements

1) 100 required

2) 100 required

3) 100 required

4) 100 required

4) Rewards for LONG TERM teamwork:

SHIPS!

If person show that they are good enough and that they are actually willing to contribute team to win we can proceed on next step:

Unlocking secret campaign for each class. Upon completing that you would get tier VII ship of that class. It doesnt have to be OP ship, it is good enough to be all around fine WITHOUT gimmick i must mention.

So you think now.... "Yes, you get ship and now you play like d"#$k again?" well no..... if you played so so long  for team, what are actually chances that you will start playing like total scrub so suddenly?

Those who play CBs will soon have Stalingrad.

Those who play rankeds, can take Flint/Black.
Those who do their best so you can win... is it worth enough to get ship? (Long term work)

Conditions and rewards can be tweaked... If you think something could be changed feel free to post.

• Cool 12

Beta Tester
158 posts
8,409 battles

Those numbers look a little bit high and we dont really need more archievments you never get.

Isnt "Dreadnought" not enough or "Clear Sky"?

Only thing that is really missing is one for spotting, no matter what class.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Boris. I must re-read your post later. (alcohol an being in the train distraction). But from what I'm reading so far, this seems to be the most brilliant post I've seen in a long time..

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
1 hour ago, Seeigel said:

Those numbers look a little bit high and we dont really need more archievments you never get.

Task must be challenging so you actually do your best to: 1) survive 2) help your team 3)do more than average potato.

For example: We don't want BB to get  achievement "steel wall"only by suiciding in enemy team. No way you will get 3 milion potential damage like that.

But also, we do not want BB to camp on border. So, if you are far back , no one will shoot you, you will not be torped and thats why you will not get 3 milion potential damage.
You have to actually get in fight, tank some damage then retreat to heal and get back in fight. Doesn't seem real I know, because we don't do it.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,660 battles

I don't think rewarding better consumables for already good players is a very good idea at all. These people are already collecting more flags through achievements, and more credits and xp per battle than the lesser player. They get higher point captains quicker through it. It just sounds like an arms race between the super powers.

In WoT, there are visual indicators for damage done through spotting, damage blocked etc.. In fact, it is possible to finish high up the team xp charts through spotting damage or blocking damage alone, without actually doing any damage.

WoWS is just too damage based. People have to play selfishly to get rewards. If spotting in a DD, or tanking in a BB, the only reward is to look like a potato at the bottom the team xp charts.

That is what has to change.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
Just now, Armorin said:

I don't think rewarding better consumables for already good players is a very good idea at all. These people are already collecting more flags through achievements, and more credits and xp per battle than the lesser player. They get higher point captains quicker through it. It just sounds like an arms race between the super powers.

In WoT, there are visual indicators for damage done through spotting, damage blocked etc.. In fact, it is possible to finish high up the team xp charts through spotting damage or blocking damage alone, without actually doing any damage.

WoWS is just too damage based. People have to play selfishly to get rewards. If spotting in a DD, or tanking in a BB, the only reward is to look like a potato at the bottom the team xp charts.

That is what has to change.

To be fair I did mean more like merit, just one flag or camo. Not to stomp someone just like token for what you have done. Real reward is at end of course, stacking is not needed.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,660 battles
14 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

To be fair I did mean more like merit, just one flag or camo. Not to stomp someone just like token for what you have done. Real reward is at end of course, stacking is not needed.

Fair enough, people would collect them for when the going gets tough in competitive matches.

Would you also be able to buy them in-store? You might be on to a winning idea. :cap_like:

Players
8,392 posts
9,218 battles
3 hours ago, Seeigel said:

You can steam right into the enemy fleet, get set on fire, damecon a single fire, get set on fire another four times, burn to a crisp as you run to the border, traumatised, and likely get a dreadnought and a fireproof despite playing like a potato for the first 5 minutes and being practically gone from the battle the remaining 15. Your team might even lose because you weren't around.

Meanwhile getting 3 million potential damage actually takes some skill, because when your ship at most has like one tenth of that, all heals included, you actually have to make proper plays and not just let yourself get farmed like a moron.

I don't play WoT, but as far as I know, even there the award is not for actually getting shredded, but for shrugging shells off.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
11 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

[...]

Step 3) Lets collect achievements

1) 100 required

2) 100 required

3) 100 required

4) 100 required

4) Rewards for LONG TERM teamwork:

SHIPS!
[...] 

Question: is section 3) and section 4) related?

Ie: when rewards are given do you need 100 of all four achievements? 

I would suggest to have that reduced to 3 out of four, why? Because for example I can't play carriers to save my life. And for that very reason I don't, so that I don't handicap my teams. 

Players
2,831 posts
19,635 battles
33 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

I would suggest to have that reduced to 3 out of four, why? Because for example I can't play carriers to save my life. And for that very reason I don't, so that I don't handicap my teams. 

i think he proposed a reward ship for each line.

12 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Hello guys!

Many of us already lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time are suggesting something to improve quality of gameplay, but it always end up on same statements:

- new tutorial

- missions that promote team play etc etc

Well not anymore... here is new dimension for increasing quality of gameplay..... lets start:

Step 1) Introduce new achievement (just as flolo suggested), now, those achievements would be triggered only in certan class of ships:

Achievement 2) "Protector" -> kill 50 planes or spot 50,60 torpedoes or  decap 20 times in one game, Cruiser class only

Achievement 3) "Stalker" -> spot 7,8 ships in one game and keep them spotted 20 minutes in total (so it stacks, 3 ships spotted for 3 minutes = 9) AND capture 1,2 bases ->  Destroyer class only
Achievement 4)  "Fleet admiral"  -> In one game deal 250k dmg,  spot 5 ships and keep them spotted for 10 minutes  and destroy 50 enemy planes  -> Carrier class only

I'll  make it short:

nice idea but will not achieve what you hope it will. 

the things you propose are far too siple to achieve to teach people how to (team) play, its like you wanna teach basic math to a kid only using  1,3,7 and + not telling him there's other natural numbers subtraction or multiplication 

for examplae the BB one will ONLY encourage tanking, people are narrow minded and focus on targets right in front of them.

average players have a hard time getting  even 2 million dmage tanked, if you put a 2-3 million goal in front of them they will soley focus on THIS goal.

also people tend to pic ships they can do stuff the easielst in  therefore skewing matchmaking heavily at times.

1)  Premium consumable who heal 10% more when applied for BBs.

2)  Special flag -5% on consumables, - 70% magazine detonation, 1% fire change, 5% AA flag, 5% longer consumables for cruisers.

3)  Premium camo  -6%  dectetability , +6%  dispersion when enemy shoot you for DDs.

4) Special flag 5% or 10% faster reload of planes for carriers.

Those rewards would be usable ONLY and ONLY in RANDOM BATTLES. Purpose of these rewards is to give you small advantage for one or few games  because you clearly did show teamplay.

im against better conumeables that can only be farmed  no matter the game mode restrictions.

thats somewhat of a pandoras box......

I think the only way you could teach people (a meaningfull ammount)  without [edited]things over is:

- creationg  scenario's  are soley  designed around teaching the game AND teamplay

- those should have increasing difficulty and need to be hard at the end (impossible without great ammount of teamplay)

- those should be accompanied by a campaing  that encourages the player to get through the scenarios

and provide additional targets to reach in addition to the completion criteria. 

(also to pic diffrent ship classes in the same scenario stage)

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
3 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

According to my plan no.

For example 100 "steel wall" unlock you campaign for BB.

Or 100 "fleet commander" unlock you campaign for CV and thats it.

2 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

i think he proposed a reward ship for each line.

I'll  make it short:

nice idea but will not achieve what you hope it will. 

the things you propose are far too siple to achieve to teach people how to (team) play, its like you wanna teach basic math to a kid only using  1,3,7 and + not telling him there's other natural numbers subtraction or multiplication 

for examplae the BB one will ONLY encourage tanking, people are narrow minded and focus on targets right in front of them.

average players have a hard time getting  even 2 million dmage tanked, if you put a 2-3 million goal in front of them they will soley focus on THIS goal.

also people tend to pic ships they can do stuff the easielst in  therefore skewing matchmaking heavily at times.

im against better conumeables that can only be farmed  no matter the game mode restrictions.

thats somewhat of a pandoras box......

I think the only way you could teach people (a meaningfull ammount)  without [edited]things over is:

- creationg  scenario's  are soley  designed around teaching the game AND teamplay

- those should have increasing difficulty and need to be hard at the end (impossible without great ammount of teamplay)

- those should be accompanied by a campaing  that encourages the player to get through the scenarios

and provide additional targets to reach in addition to the completion criteria. 

(also to pic diffrent ship classes in the same scenario stage)

Okay lets break in few segments your opinion:

Tutorials  - needed , but you really expect them to care what they are doing? When I was doing tutorial for WOT, i simply rushed like brainless chicken where they asked me to go.

I wont argue that tutorials are nice, they are, but we dont have any of them at this point and I wonder if they will ever make it.

Next you mentioned one good point, of course, BB should not only be focused on tanking damage and some BBs do it better, some bbs do it worse and there are few unique ones that arguably "suck" at tanking. Why is this important to mention? Because in my opinion this is only valide parameter for battleship. If you are not taunting enemies and taking shells you are doing it wrong, they will focus far more squishier cruisers and destroyers.

Part where you disagree about premium consumables, I would call them unique ones tho.... is fairly easy to fix: my proposal was one per achievement, so 100 in total like token (i doubit you could be that broken with 1 camo) but if they dislike that idea, final reward is perfectly okay and they can replace my rewards with premium heal, DFAA, speed what we have already in game and thats it. 10x of premium heals for Steel wall for example.

12 hours ago, Armorin said:

Fair enough, people would collect them for when the going gets tough in competitive matches.

Would you also be able to buy them in-store? You might be on to a winning idea. :cap_like:

In my idea, no. It is not here to be bought, it is here to be earnt.

Lets remember one thing, we keep talking about tutorials and I could suggest already simply linking dozen of CCs to ingame section with tutorials what could be coded fairly easy..

But I am proposing that PLAYER sit in that seat and actually do HIMSELF something usefull for team to be well rewarded, listening is just not enough in my opinion.

Cheers!

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,433 posts
8,371 battles

Related to Flamu's new video?

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
4 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Related to Flamu's new video?

Partly.

Before I used to suggest to change EXP gain for each class dependent on certan parameter: Bb potential dmg, dd spotting.

I just think ribbons are great idea for team play, hence I presented "updated" version with more depth.

• Cool 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,635 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

Part where you disagree about premium consumables, I would call them unique ones tho.... is fairly easy to fix: my proposal was one per achievement, so 100 in total like token (i doubit you could be that broken with 1 camo) but if they dislike that idea, final reward is perfectly okay and they can replace my rewards with premium heal, DFAA, speed what we have already in game and thats it. 10x of premium heals for Steel wall for example.

the problem is with those they have a inherent danger that wg will monetize them leading to a P2W mechanic.

better not have such things in game in any way  then theres no danger of WG monetizing them....

[FAME]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

@Boris_MNE You might be interested to know that recently BF1 added some very hard-to-achieve achievements into the game.

It's basically youtube-worthy achievements. An equivalent example in WoWs would be something like surviving twice after going down to less than 100 hp on a ship, in the same game. Or winning 1v7 as the last person on your team.

Their reasoning behind the decision to introduce such "true achievements", as well as including such long-term focused achievements at all, might be useful to consider, since your proposal involves some form of extended achievements as well.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
19,016 battles

Hmm. I don't think I'd manage "Protector" or "Stalker", are things I'd attempt but I'd potato the execution. "Steel Wall" might be possible though as I also potato by over-extending and thus have several battleships with a maximum potential damage of over 3 million (Missouri is slacking, only 2.9) and a couple with over four million.

Of course you can imagine the salt if a Conqueror got 10% more healing (other 4 million plus is Bismarck), and I'm not sure if that's an argument for or against that reward. :cap_book:

Beta Tester
4,951 posts
20,644 battles
23 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Well not anymore... here is new dimension for increasing quality of gameplay.....

Interesting idea, but the only people that would really benefit from it would be those, who already play in a way that can be considered as "quality gamplay".

All the others won't bother with some extra rewards, as it would mean they would have to do some reading on the forum and then some thinking about how to change their playstyle and then deciding that changing the playstyle would be stupid, as they might get shot at in game and they do good already anyway and who is WG to tell them how they should play....

And they don't even have the time to read all the info, because they are way to busy whining at the forum or at reddit or wherever because they get farmed by DDs/CVs/cruisers/BBs/aliens...

There is no real way to change or educate a playerbase, that doesn't want to be educated and/or changed.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
Just now, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Interesting idea, but the only people that would really benefit from it would be those, who already play in a way that can be considered as "quality gamplay".

All the others won't bother with some extra rewards, as it would mean they would have to do some reading on the forum and then some thinking about how to change their playstyle and then deciding that changing the playstyle would be stupid, as they might get shot at in game and they do good already anyway and who is WG to tell them how they should play....

And they don't even have the time to read all the info, because they are way to busy whining at the forum or at reddit or wherever because they get farmed by DDs/CVs/cruisers/BBs/aliens...

There is no real way to change or educate a playerbase, that doesn't want to be educated and/or changed.

You have 3 options:

Do nothing, and you have situation as you have now.

Punish them, and they might leave game? Lower playerbase etc?
Try to reward them, maybe it will motivate them? Not everyone, but even 30% is huge success.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
23 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Decent suggestions. I'd lower the requirements to make them a little more common and visible, to players easier see what good gameplay entails. That's the most important aspect. If they're not visible, they're less effective.

I'd also make them available for all ships. Some DDs are great at tanking by avoidance. DDs also have the job of spotting torpedoes. Sometimes it's great for CAs and CLs to take on DD roles when they get the opportunity, and they have a few spotting tools. All ships can and should decap.

I wouldn't have any special rewards. Maybe a small credit or xp bonus, but that's it. Something that makes sense for the achievement.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,104 posts
11,146 battles

It's not often I say this, but WG could turn to WoWP for guidance on how to make a good gameplay/reward system.

And on that note, I'm going to check for clowns in my closet, or if a giant pink elephant is dancing in my living room, because this is some parallel universe **** right there.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
55 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Decent suggestions. I'd lower the requirements to make them a little more common and visible, to players easier see what good gameplay entails. That's the most important aspect. If they're not visible, they're less effective.

I'd also make them available for all ships. Some DDs are great at tanking by avoidance. DDs also have the job of spotting torpedoes. Sometimes it's great for CAs and CLs to take on DD roles when they get the opportunity, and they have a few spotting tools. All ships can and should decap.

I wouldn't have any special rewards. Maybe a small credit or xp bonus, but that's it. Something that makes sense for the achievement.

Tweak it, show me what you have been thinking?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,899 posts
27,667 battles

Well they could add new achievements but I doubt that would change much. First all those things like potential damage or spotting damage are currently not listed during the game and could only been seen after the game in report. It would be very hard to know how much more you need to get achievement unless it was listed on the same way as damage and ribbons. Also giving  some special flags or consumables would be wrong. If you get achievement that would mean that you should be already be a good player so why would you need any additional advantage over other players for that. And giving the premium ship as some kind of reward after collecting a certain number of achievements, I don't know, imagine if WG decide to give premium ship if you get 100 Kraken Unleashed and/or Double Strike or whatever, do you think that would improve players behavior or impose even more yoloing and kill stealing securing?    

Expecting that people will play better because of some achievements doesn't sound realistic to me. We have what some 25-30k players at the peak time on EU server, how many of them are visiting forum or reddit or even game main webpage? For majority of them they wouldn't mean much but I agree that they could mean something to people who cares. Even if more of players were aware and there is some nice reward at the end I doubt it would significantly improve the game. What would prevent some DD to instead to cap actually go all the way around to spot enemy BBs or, even worse, CV and instead of killing them just keep them spotted to collect enough spotting damage for achievement. Or BB to yolo just to collect enough potential damage.

I'm for new achievements and WG could/should make some experiment with rewards in attempt to promote better teamplay or just better play by individual but honestly I'm skeptic about that. It is very hard to change people habits or to teach those who are not interested to learn in the first place.    

[ELCH]
Players
66 posts
8,774 battles

My issue with requirements like "Deal 250k damage in one game" (as an example, for a CV) is that those achievements will not be awarded to the average player, simply because you need to be lucky or already well skilled to reach these thresholds in random games. Since your ultimate goal is improving the gameplay in general, this would be achieved by educating and motivating the bad and average player and not by giving already seasoned players a pat on the back.

If you want to reach the average potato player and give them pointers how to be useful, significantly reduce the requirements so that they will actually SEE these rewards when playing. That you then need to balance potential rewards with how easy they are to achive is obvious, of course.

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
On 9.03.2018 at 10:15 PM, Boris_MNE said:

This seems rather easy.

Seems rather annoying selection to be honest:

50 plane kills is near imposssible because CV is not going to fly planes near ship that would be capable of such a feat in first place, torpedo spotting forces you to take hydro and farming decaps looks like really awkward play.

Quite easy or completely impossible - depends on team matchups and not on personal skills. Matches with CVs will not net the spotting part, while matches with lots of DDs will simply generate a lot of cap assists instead of full caps (unless  friendly and enemy dds going to constantly trade caps just to farm for the achivement). Also it is heavily affected by game mode eg standard vs domination

This is impossible for low tier carriers, achievement relies more on ship tier rather than player capability

Generally not bad idea but conditions for achivements are not good.

Sign in to follow this