Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BarthalomewKuma

Aigle HE bugged

19 comments in this topic

Players
111 posts
7,240 battles

Is it me or ... HE on Aigle is SERIOUSLY bugged. For a ship with highest HE damage except german 150mm aka 2000 penetrations do only 300 ALWAYS. 

Even my akizuki got more damage per shell with HE than aigle.

Had just 2 games where I was intensively spamming HE and damage was.... really pathetic I mean 1 shell 300, 2 shells 600 - like okay ...

On the other hand when i was hitting dds damage was CORRECT but on any other targets like cruisers/bbs my penetrations were like 300 damage always - and targets WERE NOT SATURATED aka often full hp or so.

Please share with me your experience.

Somewhat i like this little bugger, but 300 damage per shell is ... sure underwhelming for 139mms !

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
7,202 battles

I've noticed this, but can't add anything as I'm not sure how the calculations are done re: armour (my Aigle captain is my 18 pt. FR cruiser captain without IFHE).

Following to find out the answer though.

Players
111 posts
7,240 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I've noticed this, but can't add anything as I'm not sure how the calculations are done re: armour (my Aigle captain is my 18 pt. FR cruiser captain without IFHE).

Following to find out the answer though.

As long as target is not satured in part where you shoot penetrations should always do same damage, yet somehow there is apparently bug. Since you cant hit one dude for 660 and another for 300. Just because first one was dd and second was bb - both penetrations.

I do recognize damage goes lower and lower if target is saturated, but im talking about shooting full hp bbs/cruisers.

Btw im glad I didnt have halucinations and someone else noticed it aswell.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles

2000 HE dmg - that means 667 dmg on HE pen / 333 dmg on saturated HE pen.

Shoot spots that aren't blackened already to get the full potential out of your shells

• Cool 1

Players
111 posts
7,240 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Shoot spots that aren't blackened already to get the full potential out of your shells

I don't like when people don't read , especially when i intentionally used capital letters for certain part...

Btw just had game and can confirm its bugged i targeted fresh 100% hp bbs always 300ish damage never more , though on dds its normal 600ish.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
7,202 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So the 2000 number is the maximum potential damage, such as when exploded inside the citadel?

With Aigle, the alpha damage is a bonus; she does all her best work with fires anyway :Smile_trollface:

Players
111 posts
7,240 battles

Btw just had game and can confirm its bugged i targeted fresh 100% hp bbs always 300ish damage never more , though on dds its normal 600ish.

I reported BUG to customers service.

no alpha damage aint just bonus, with sheer amount of shells with highest alpha we should get good numbers. If we dont get any numbers from he shells then we wont get any damage - as our torps are meh.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,963 posts
10,335 battles

Since I just gopt the Aigle and played a few games in it I can confirm that the HE alpha against at the very least BBs is suspiciously low.

Haven't really tried gunboating against cruisers so I can't say if it's the same with them, but I can confirm that the HE does the normal damage against DDs.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

So the 2000 number is the maximum potential damage, such as when exploded inside the citadel?

Yeah, exactly that. The damage shown is what you do in a citadel hit, in a normal pen you do x0.33 / saturated pen x0.165 / overpen x0.1 indicated dmg

1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Since I just gopt the Aigle and played a few games in it I can confirm that the HE alpha against at the very least BBs is suspiciously low.

Haven't really tried gunboating against cruisers so I can't say if it's the same with them, but I can confirm that the HE does the normal damage against DDs.

Is it reproducible in training rooms by any chance? :cap_hmm: I mean, BB AP has been scoring random saturated pens on full hp targets since forever, wouldn't be surprised if that is some kind of a bug

[SCRUB]
Players
7,963 posts
10,335 battles
9 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Is it reproducible in training rooms by any chance? :cap_hmm: I mean, BB AP has been scoring random saturated pens on full hp targets since forever, wouldn't be surprised if that is some kind of a bug

Currently busy doing the Gold of France missions with the Aigle as I have to work over weekend, but it should be easy to test in training room if one wants to try. I can't say with certainty that the HE is bugged, but I do get suspiciously low HE damage for the penetrating hits I land and I very much try not to shoot saturated ship parts so it is definately an oddity worth checking out if I have the time after the weekend.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,134 battles
26 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Currently busy doing the Gold of France missions with the Aigle as I have to work over weekend, but it should be easy to test in training room if one wants to try. I can't say with certainty that the HE is bugged, but I do get suspiciously low HE damage for the penetrating hits I land and I very much try not to shoot saturated ship parts so it is definately an oddity worth checking out if I have the time after the weekend.

I had skipped 2 missions so can't test it myself just yet, so would be nice if someone could :cap_yes:

Players
7 posts
9,698 battles

Well, in my Training Room initial HE pen dmg on BB and CA is 660. But it looks like the superstructures on BB are saturated very fast. Maybe 5 to 6 hits and you get the 330. Captain is w/o ifhe.

Players
111 posts
7,240 battles
5 hours ago, FallOutBoi said:

Well, in my Training Room initial HE pen dmg on BB and CA is 660. But it looks like the superstructures on BB are saturated very fast. Maybe 5 to 6 hits and you get the 330. Captain is w/o ifhe.

Yeah I had some time in training room aswell - there is no way it's working as intended. 330 damage is joke - it's already hard to land shell as it is.

As a whole this bug really makes aigle underperform heavily. Our main tool are guns and HE in particular as with those 700m/s shells good luck hitting citadel/areas where you pen.

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
9,698 battles
7 hours ago, BarthalomewKuma said:

Yeah I had some time in training room aswell - there is no way it's working as intended. 330 damage is joke - it's already hard to land shell as it is.

As a whole this bug really makes aigle underperform heavily. Our main tool are guns and HE in particular as with those 700m/s shells good luck hitting citadel/areas where you pen.

The Aigle HE or HE mechanic in general is not bugged. I tested with Fushun too and you need the same amounts of hits to saturate the areas. If something is bugged then it is the health distribution on the sections, I dont know. But HE is working as intended.

Players
458 posts
5,019 battles

Did not notice this at all as one proceeded to outgun me in plain sight against my Budi. If you aim at thick armor spots it will always deal less damage, but in my experience this ship has ridiculous ability to outgun any T6 DD and CA, besides being the fastest ship in any match it's put in. Only a focused Aigle is unable to carry a team. An Aigle with support is simply unbeatable. It definitely feels more powerful than any other T6 DD or CA (except maybe the Cleveland), and with almost 13Km shooting range and fast speed it can farm easily while dodging. It's so fast that most ships in tier have to zoom out 2 clicks just to land any shells, and that is if it's going in a perfect straight line.

Players
5,156 posts
8,071 battles
5 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Did not notice this at all as one proceeded to outgun me in plain sight against my Budi. If you aim at thick armor spots it will always deal less damage, but in my experience this ship has ridiculous ability to outgun any T6 DD and CA, besides being the fastest ship in any match it's put in. Only a focused Aigle is unable to carry a team. An Aigle with support is simply unbeatable. It definitely feels more powerful than any other T6 DD or CA (except maybe the Cleveland), and with almost 13Km shooting range and fast speed it can farm easily while dodging. It's so fast that most ships in tier have to zoom out 2 clicks just to land any shells, and that is if it's going in a perfect straight line.

On other hand ballistics are comparable to Freedom Dual Purpose Mortars, turret firing angles are all over the place and you can feel beard growing when waiting for these turrets to turn.

If you complain about her speed, achievable only with Speed Boost, I guess you haven't meet russian gunboats... And these can consistently hit things at range.

Players
458 posts
5,019 battles
8 hours ago, Panocek said:

On other hand ballistics are comparable to Freedom Dual Purpose Mortars, turret firing angles are all over the place and you can feel beard growing when waiting for these turrets to turn.

If you complain about her speed, achievable only with Speed Boost, I guess you haven't meet russian gunboats... And these can consistently hit things at range.

Don't know any of those gunboats at T6, so I can't comment on what you are saying.

I do however know that it's currently used effectively and just walks over any match. Even on T8 matches I am seeing them with at least 2 kills.

Players
5,156 posts
8,071 battles
23 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Don't know any of those gunboats at T6, so I can't comment on what you are saying.

I do however know that it's currently used effectively and just walks over any match. Even on T8 matches I am seeing them with at least 2 kills.

Gnevny class, faster and more maneuvreable than Aigle without engine boost and not that far from top speed with it active. They have only 4 turrets, but with more comfortable firing angles, gunnery wise its heavier alpha vs higher velocity tradeoff. And chinese ones have actually useful torpedoes, nicely matching 700m better concealment.

Sign in to follow this