Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Iq2 need help

3 comments in this topic

1,548 posts
10,142 battles

Yo guys,

Can someone explain me what exactly French BBs bring to the table ?

No troll, no flame, no jokes. Simple question. Because , so far what I have encountered is dozen of wanna-be-Yamato who cant do exactly same. And they stay back, snipe, give up on objectives and we lose game. From tier 8 above it is basically always case....

Thanks in advance for enlighting me :)

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,121 posts
14,677 battles

I've used them successfully in narrow maps as hard hitting mobile units. The fast turret rotation makes them perform quite similarly to their American counterparts at similar ranges but the superior speed makes them able to better dictate the enemies they face. They don't bring much to the table, but they act as functional counterparts to other battleships. Quite frankly, I'd rather a line of unimaginative but functional than something stupid like British battleships.

Edit: they can also be used to hold areas due to the unwillingness of most players to engage an entrenched battleships. French battleships lack the tankiness to brawl, you need to exploit enemies and work with your allies to encircle them and maximize damage. The Richelieu and Alsace can obviously bow on to hold areas. Generally though, I've successfully used them as I would a harder hitting but slower firing AB-X cruiser. There's also the French joke about running away, but faster running speed also allows you to abandon your position more quickly before entrenching yourself further back instead of being trapped in front of the guns of high tiered roaming cruisers. I have often escaped in the Alsace from situations which would have killed me were I in a Yamato then returned to wreak havoc on enemy ships.

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
3,446 battles
26 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yo guys,

Can someone explain me what exactly French BBs bring to the table ?

No troll, no flame, no jokes. Simple question. Because , so far what I have encountered is dozen of wanna-be-Yamato who cant do exactly same. And they stay back, snipe, give up on objectives and we lose game. From tier 8 above it is basically always case....

Thanks in advance for enlighting me :)

Now, I of cause do not know if the gameplay you experience among french BB players are tier specific. However, could be we have to factor in that there are a lot of players that have"jumped" in to tier 6 and 8 by way of the personal missions. Players that are fairly new to the game and would otherwise have had to grind up the line (and learn while doing so), that now play tiers they are not comfortable with. At tier 8+ I certainly see french BBs bahaving like they really have little clue and are obviously hesitant in their play or downright overly confident about their shiny new BB.

That said, the sniping, staying back and giving up on objectives, is that not kind of normal and something we can see in all branches of ships and all tiers (and not only BBs for that matter). As for what they bring, I have no clue as I have maybe one or two battles in a french BB. And, just reflecting here, maybe every new line does not neccesarily have to bring anything new to the table, could be the national flavor could be enough instead of having to invent new stuff all the time which could lead to some of the gimmic ships we see... Just a thought.

Sign in to follow this